• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which AT do you most want to appear in SSB4 as a PC?

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
Let's think about this realistically. Lyndis comes from a portable game, and what's more, he was secondary among its main characters. In the years till now and SSB4, it's very unlikely that she'll maintain the popularity needed to even become another assist trophy.

That said, I think of all the ATs, that Shadow and Gray Fox have the best chances. Gray Fox's Cyborg Ninja outfit has become a staple of the MGS series, and Shadow has a large fanbase in the Sonic fandom.

Yes, I know. The "internet" hates Shadow, but he's still pretty good with general audiences. If Sonic Channel's polls are any indication.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Let's think about this realistically. Lyndis comes from a portable game, and what's more, he was secondary among its main characters. In the years till now and SSB4, it's very unlikely that she'll maintain the popularity needed to even become another assist trophy.

That said, I think of all the ATs, that Shadow and Gray Fox have the best chances. Gray Fox's Cyborg Ninja outfit has become a staple of the MGS series, and Shadow has a large fanbase in the Sonic fandom.

Yes, I know. The "internet" hates Shadow, but he's still pretty good with general audiences. If Sonic Channel's polls are any indication.
Popularity doesn't make a character deserving.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
That may be, but it's what makes them decide to put people in.

Deserving is this nebulous concept cooked up by fanboys that's never universal or practical.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Popularity doesn't make a character deserving.
What he said.

I'm pretty sure half the people who unlocked ROB the first time said "Huh? What's that?".

I would say...Isaac.

But we need other female chars, and Fire Emblem has tons of good ones.

Or that guy.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
Eh? R.O.B. is one of the most popular and well known of Nintendo's nostalgia referencing.

Now, Game and Watch would be a better example.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Isaac seems to be the best and most obvious choice.

I would have liked Jeff from Earthbound because I thought that SSB4 I hope we can add more Earthbound PC characters besides Ness or Lucas, but Jeff doesn't look that great though as a PC. We still need more Earthbound PC reps. We need more female characters too.

Lyndis looks cool, but she is just another boring sword user. At least Isaac has magic-like abilities and his sword skills would be weak compared to Marth or Ike.

BigJ

Smash Rookie
Agreed on Smash Bros needing more female chars, but I'm gonna have to go with Little Mac. That little dude hasn't seen the light of day since the NES for Christ's sake.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Isaac, Jill and Tingle. Isaac has Psynergy, Jill could be a small heavyweight with FREAKIN' DRILLS and Tingle deserves a spot over Toon Link.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I would be ecstatic if both Isaac and Little Mac made it in.

Waluigi would be pretty cool too, but he has only been in Mario spin-offs, so he doesn't seem as worthy.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Jeez, seeing all these Fire Emblem characters makes me want to play the game XD Here's to the successful translation of Monshou no Nazo so I can play FE1 and Book 2....or at least the American version of the FE1 remake on DS.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Screw Assist trophies, we need another Metroid rep. I would pick Goroh because we SERIOUSLY need another F-Zero rep.... if Isaac wasnt in there. :dizzy:

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!
No, actually I would like Little Mac. I know, another "classic, nostalgia" character, but he kicks (or rather punches) major ***!

theultimateend

Smash Rookie
Confuzzled?

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol4_page1.jsp

Sakurai:
"Well, as I discussed earlier, a fundamental idea at the start of development was that this would be the last Smash Bros. title, and that, ultimately, there would be few opportunities for Nintendo characters and major, well-known characters to gather in the same place. "

So did he change his mind?

- Rico -

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp

Sakurai:
"I felt that a large premise of the project was that this was not a series that would continue indefinitely. After all, it wasn’t possible to keep on increasing the characters that are entitled to take the field in Smash Bros. And even if you try to utilize new familiar characters that resonate with the fans, you can’t get each and every gamer to be happy. Just like its predecessor then, we decided to design the game as if it was the last one in the series."

Therefore, it is uncertain whether there will be a SSB4. There is a possibility that there will be a SSB4. The Wii lacks HD support, and SSB4 will be the first HD take on the series.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Where's the Jeff love? One person may have said him, but he would be awesome playable, fear the death ray.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
First off, there will be a smash bros 4 because Nintendo is a company out to make money. Brawl practically prints money, there will be a ssb4.

As for AT's, Lyn or little mac, though they should make him look bigger and menacing if he was a pc.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
Goroh, Ridley (was planned to be an AT, so it counts), and maaaaaaaaaybe Waluigi. If he appears in WarioWare games, that's it.

Top Bottom