• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which aspect(s) of smash do you feel most confident in?

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Both internal and external factors count. So answers like "mental endurance" are fine too.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Analytics and matchup analysis.

Also reading, though that's mostly because I play the same group of people often.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I'm pretty decent at edgeguarding. But I suffer from being too defensive. I shield and air dodge way too much. Gotta work on committing and playing neutral as well.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Advantage state/conversions. If you get hit by my clown cart dash and/or mecha koopa, you ARE taking ~60%.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
controlling space. I tell you when you can box with me and then i push you out and shoot you with lasers and gyros. then when im tired of playing the ranged chess game, I maneuver through the projectiles and play boxing with ya.
my opponents love this way of fighting

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Recovery. I refuse to die.

Also, I'd like to think I'm the comic relief of the group who can help remind people that it's a game and it's meant to be fun. Those who have seen me on the mii boards know that with those characters in particular, my inner child comes out. I still remember the rumors in middle school of "goku in smash 64 if you beat 1p on very hard, one stock, no continues" and that brings back such good times, and I wanna see other people smile the way I did :)

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Catching my opponent off guard lol. Happens too often and overall knowing a lot about things such as matchups, moves and stages.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I like to think I'm good at reading my opponents. If I do end up losing a match, I usually turn it back around in already being able to understand how they generally play the game.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Smash 4 has a low tech skill ceiling. But believe it or not, I can play more than 1 character.
Peach, shulk, ROB, sheik, duck hunt, pacman, and mega man saids hi.
Also, you can't say smash 4 isn't technical because of the diversity of the characters. I could say melee isn't tech heavy, but then I have fox, or I can say it is tech heavy, but then I have jigglypuff and Marth. It's all in the characters and that goes for every fighting game out there.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
I'm generally pretty good at getting early kills due to spikes and gimps(and bowling balls). This may only be because I main Falcon and Villager.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
People tend to compliment my defensive game saying my reaction speed for dodges and spacing attacks/keeping people out is on point, so I'm going to say it's my defence.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Just fundamentals! I'm not particularly a master of anything in specific, just a well-rounded player. I make mistakes just like everyone else, but I like to learn from battles lost by watching replays and/or rematching and adapting. Or so I would like to think...!

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Peach, shulk, ROB, sheik, duck hunt, pacman, and mega man saids hi.
Also, you can't say smash 4 isn't technical because of the diversity of the characters. I could say melee isn't tech heavy, but then I have fox, or I can say it is tech heavy, but then I have jigglypuff and Marth. It's all in the characters and that goes for every fighting game out there.
Of course Ganon has some tech! Timing perfect shields, performing heavy reads (usually followed by some gross disrespect), not getting stage spiked or gimped, performing down b at ledge downward as an edgeguard for people recovering low (after a single jump), and using your double jump and up b to get back to ledge, etc. Every character has tech and tricks to them... Ganon just shares a lot of his fundamental tech with other characters. :)

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Would getting Marth tippers count? Because that's the only thing I seem to be good at right now.

Blasterman4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-1501-7948
...I punish better then i do anything else never let me get a grab as link and try to airdodge out of the long string, IT DOESN'T WORK. but yeah i feel most comfortable w/ reading and punishing.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I have good reads and spotdodges, though my tech skill is pretty crap.

Top Bottom