• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Antivirus Software do you use ? Why?

ignatiusmael

Smash Rookie
Anti-virus Software's are much essential programs of every Windows PC these days. Surfing online without an updated anti-virus program is like inviting viruses, adwares and Malwares, which harms your pc.Here are some best anti-virus programs . So Guys, Which of these Antivirus Software do you use ? Why?

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
I use windows defender. Why?
1. Free
2. doesn't slow my computer down
3. Has kept my computer virus free since i got it

Im sure we'll get some mac comments here :dizzy:

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
I use Norton right now. It's about to expire tho. And it's already failed and I have a virus =\
Also dont get bitdefender. its annoying and it doesnt work.
Edit: (i forgot to say why) i use it bcus my friend gave it to me for free which is a nice deal =P and he praises it religiously. I guess my comp skills are too good for it.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm all about a combination of AVG, Ad-Aware, and CCleaner to keep my windows system clean.

Of course, I'm 99% in Ubuntu these days, so I don't really have to worry about any of that ****. No viruses, no registry to keep clean.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I used to have F-secure, but then decided that I'll just get some free one. Now I'm using Avira, but I'm thinking of possibly changing to something else at some point, the updater never seems to do its job and then whines about it to me.

Cleo555 said:
something about his friend praising Norton
Could you go laugh at him and tell that someone on the Internet said "Hi."?

Norton blows... I've yet to hear one good thing about it!

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Norton definately stinks. It kept me from getting on the Internet on a PC I was given, and even unistalling it didn't work. I had to run some special removal tool from Norton. In the end I just uninstalled Windows and installed Ubuntu. So no viruses for me!

AntiMalware Bytes and TrendMicro are great for those legacy operating systems that need them.

Top Bottom