• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which 3rd Party Character do you think would fit alot in SSB for Wii U/3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
Well here who i think would fit:

Rayman, Pacman, Bomberman, or maybe Shadow..... well I don't know.

Anyways, post a reply who would fit in the best for SSB for Wii U/3DS ?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Bub/bob (bubble bobble) - I would settle just for music from the game
Banjo and Kazooie - Unlikely that's ever going to happen.
Earthworm Jim - Who even holds the rights?
Roll (tatsunoko vs capcom style) - Unlikely... but I think the moveset would be fun for smash
Sir Arthur (ghost n goblins) - Again would settle for music.
Geno - 2nd party/3rd party whatever.
Black mage - I guess Nintendo has enough magic users to pick from... maybe a moggle... or something.

Pretty much the above posts, and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

D

Deleted member

Bomberman, Pac-Man, and Banjo fit into Smash's and Nintendo's mold quite nicely. It's just a shame that Bomberman is a series that is on a hiatus and Banjo is owned by Microsoft...

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Klonoa would fit perfect with the rest of the cast. I mean it's a stretch that he'll ever make it in though.

If namco does end up getting a character in, I'd definitely prefer klonoa, but i just hope it isnt pac-man.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
a lot of real mascots comes in the mind:: Rayman, Goemon, Sparkster, Banjo & Kazooie, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot,... or (of course) Pac-Man, ... (the only mascot exception that I can think is Conker... you know... 'cause he's Conker =P).
Well, aside of the mascots, Simon Belmont which would be the best Konami rep ever.

EDIT: but really expecting and cheering for it; just Pac-Man. =)

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
  • Pac-Man - Iconic, and has enough moveset potential to be unique.
  • Simon Belmont - A bit more wishful thinking, but Castlevania has a lot of history with Nintendo just like Mega Man.
Some others I am not expecting for SSB4 are; Professor Layton, Bayonetta, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont from Castlevania
Roto, the hero, from Dragon Quest III (Better than Slime, and a DQ character would probably have priority over an FF character)
Neku from The World Ends With You (All those cool psychic powers!)
Agnes Oblige from Bravely Default (This series may have many sequels on Nintendo handhelds in the future)

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont to complete the captain n trio (plus mother brain is an assist trophy so now we just need king hippo as one too)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Eggman, NiGHTs
Pac Man, Simon Belmont, Klanoa, Nightmare
Megaman, Zero, Ryu, Viewtiful Joe
Snake, Bomberman
Black Mage, Chocobo, Geno, Sora
Layton, Goemon, Banjo Kazooie

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Sega - Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, NiGHTS
Namco - Pac Man, Klonoa, KOS-MOS
Capcom - Megaman, Megaman X, Zero, Viewful Joe
Square Enix - Vivi (Black Mage), Geno, Sora, Crono, Cloud
Activision - Crash Bandicoot, Spyro
Microsoft/ Rare - Banjo & Kazooie, Conker
Ubisoft - Rayman
Konami - Bomberman, Frogger, Goemon
Epic Games - Jazz Jackrabbit
Interplay - Earthworm Jim

...Gex, Glover

Honorable mentions: Ryu, Chun-Li, Morrigan & Felicia

Last edited:

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
Just Pac-Man and Simon Belmont, we already have Sonic and Megaman so those two would definitely close up our third party characters nicely.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Got on my 3DS, checked the Miiverse Smash Bros page, saw this
10257964_459154064217619_9098029611078538202_n.jpg
and completely got out of Miiverse and turned off my 3DS.

I'm so done with people on Miiverse.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Sora would work. He's a character designed to be in a crossover so he'd fit right in another crossover.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Got on my 3DS, checked the Miiverse Smash Bros page, saw this View attachment 12354 and completely got out of Miiverse and turned off my 3DS.

I'm so done with people on Miiverse.
Robo Cop sounds hype as **** dude, RC's taunt can be "PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON, YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY"

Honestly though the only 3rd party characters I see having a remote chance are Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, Layton (he's technically second party I believe) and maaaaaaaaybe Bomberman.

And Goku and Halo le xD

SirCamp

Smash Ace
a lot of real mascots comes in the mind:: Rayman, Goemon, Sparkster, Banjo & Kazooie, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot,... or (of course) Pac-Man, ... (the only mascot exception that I can think is Conker... you know... 'cause he's Conker =P).
Well, aside of the mascots, Simon Belmont which would be the best Konami rep ever.

EDIT: but really expecting and cheering for it; just Pac-Man. =)

Oh man, I would so be here for Goemon. To bad he has virtually no chance. :ohwell:

As far as 3rd parties go Pac-Man seems likely. I also firmly believe that Bomberman is extremely deserving and viable choice. Banjo would also be lovely, but will again never happen.

Also, a moogle. I would live!

Morbi

Scavenger
Ash Williams, I feel as though he fits in the Smash Universe in the same way that Snake does; he doesn't really fit at all, so that is why he fits! If you know what I am saying, Sakurai would probably have a heart attack in regards to his chainsaw arm, they could always just give him a saw blade, like Mega Man. The Boomstick would probably have to go unless they gave it a cute redesign.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I still think Jack from Harvest Moon has potential. I was considering making a thread about him but it is probably too late now.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Personally, as probably one of the few on this forum that had his childhood in the 80's, I'd love to see Simon Belmont, not just cuz the whole captain N thing would be hilarious, but because I'd love to have castlevania's music added to an already awesome library smash bros brings us. Not to mention Simon's moves would be pretty easy to imagine.
B-dagger
Forward B-cross
Down B-holy water
Up-B- some sort of whip grab action, or maybe a jump/uppercut ability we have seen in later castlevania games.

Final smash- Grand Cross, or many of other possibilities.

Anyhow I know he is a long shot, but so are a lot of other ideas being thrown around.

Simon Belmont is the third-party character I want. Unless everyone was okay with Konami getting two characters, he would have to push Snake out of the roster.

By the by, the design I favor is the ReBirth one.

And tell me you wouldn't all love the radical music on that Castlevania stage, and flying medusa heads and skull turrets in Smash Run.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly can't believe that no one mentioned it yet! Snake! Snake would be a 3rd party character that would fit into Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS. I had almost forgotten about him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do I even need to ****ing say it?

Other than that, Simon Belmont.

Simon and Banjo are more statistically Nintendo characters than Sonic or Pac-Man will ever be. It's a shame it's not a perfect world.

One day we'll have our revenge, Micro$oft. One day...

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
Banjo and Kazooie, Bomberman, Pac-Man and Rayman. Please Sakurai, I want Rayman!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bomberman
Banjo and Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Shantae
Slime
Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Rayman

All them fit. Only one of them has a chance at getting in though. His name starts with a "P".

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
From Most fitting to least (in my opinion)

Slime
Pac-Man
Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Professor Layton
Spyro
Other Sonic Characters
Black Mage
Ryu Hayabusa

Snake? (he's a veteran who didn't fit, but as a veteran it's passable)
Keita (Youkai Watch)

Any other character would

Konami should feel lucky that I feel two of it's characters are so high on the list.

Yes, while Spyro would fit even better in PSASBR (though that game sucks, so it would be a waste of a good character) I think his Skylanders makes him just legendary enough (even if it only hit Japan recently so is definitely not in the game), and his design would fit pretty well (though his skylanders design less-so as that kinda sucks)...

As for Keita, Youkai Watch is not there yet (and has yet to get international release), but as DLC when he's a little more developed he'd fit pretty well.. unfortunately for him, right now Layton or an Inazuma Eleven character are higher of Level-5's list.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman. There were so many Bomberman games on the Nintendo consoles that when I was younger I thought that Nintendo owned him. Plus, he'll easily fit with his cartoonish design and fun moveset.
Slime. Dragon Quest is one of the best-selling franchises in Japan and Slime is iconic. (They even have a Slime 3DS!)
Pac-Man is more likely but I would personally prefer Klonoa.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would say some Tecmo Koei reps would be nice, but Ryu is too violent while Kasumi is "too big".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom