• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's the love for Diddy Kong?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
If i look around the Smash Boards, i only see very few Diddy Kong mainers.

Either you guys are hiding under a rock somewhere, or there aren't many people who favor Diddy Kong. Fill me in.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy kong is ****--I really don't know why he's not popular. I find it easier to win with diddy than to win with metaknight sometimes...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
maybe there'd BE MORE LOVE if you guys didn't hide diddy's sexiness from everyone lol.

word will get out soon enough how good he is muhahaha jk i won't tell anyone

diddy > :coolmonke
me > :love: <3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think its because Diddy has a higher learning curve for dealing with some match ups than most characters, and then on top of that Diddy takes quite a bit of tech skill.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^ I can agree with this post ^^

more importantly, where else would you be looking for diddy kong mainers than the diddy forums? >.>;;

saberhof

Smash Master
well, diddy requires allot more thinking =O...

and there aren't many, cause we attempted to keep it a secret xD, but it failed...

and alpha is correct :D...later on we will see loads of diddy mainers...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
well, diddy requires allot more thinking =O...

and there aren't many, cause we attempted to keep it a secret xD, but it failed...

and alpha is correct :D...later on we will see loads of diddy mainers...
Like how the Lucario boards ended up :D Get ready.....they're coming faster than you know. Ninjalink's vs Pika wifi match will soon be passed around like hotcakes. And everyone will do what I did: HOLY FREAKIN CRAP I AM UPLOADING MY WII AND GETTING BETTER WITH DIDDY KONG RIGHT NOW!!!!! :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Like how the Lucario boards ended up :D Get ready.....they're coming faster than you know. Ninjalink's vs Pika wifi match will soon be passed around like hotcakes. And everyone will do what I did: HOLY FREAKIN CRAP I AM UPLOADING MY WII AND GETTING BETTER WITH DIDDY KONG RIGHT NOW!!!!! :D
Yea it was passed around fast. It got 3000 views in one week. Its around 7000 now. When its OVER 9000!!! i'll let y'all know.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is great! Very few characters I can think of are able to match his combo skills, those being Meta Knight, Fox and Sonic. Plus if it wasnt for Snake and Lucario Aura blasts his bananas would make Diddy the best projectile user.

Mystify

Smash Rookie
I have had a lot of trouble choosing a main character. Today my friend who mains Toon Link came over and we had a few games. He ***** my Olimar and Dedede and he barely beat my Wario and Bowser. I thought that was fair enough 'cause I'd been training with everyone at the same time whereas he'd already chosen his main and he could focus on him.

Then I pulled out the last character I'd been training with - Diddy. Even though I'd been using him less than all the others I thought it was still worth a try, so we had one last game, and to my very great surprise (but not yours, I'm sure, you could tell where this was heading from the end of the first paragraph), I won the match. So for now, I'm maining Diddy.

Honestly, I don't know what it is about Brawl that makes it so hard to choose my main. Back in melee I just fell in love with Yoshi straight away, then I moved on to Sheik and Marth when I got better. Maybe it's the fact that the character I most enjoy playing with is arguably the most hated alongside Snake (Hint - He has a cape and his name rhymes with Better Kite)

TL;DR version

I beat my friend with Diddy Kong and am going to try maining him for awhile.

Psycho K

Smash Rookie
Not sure. Diddy is indeed vastly underrated like Wario, but I still don't get it. Diddy is fast, combos nicely, has a crazy spike, and a great "projectile" (not sure what you want to call the bananas). I was pretty sure something like that would gain attention quickly, but apparently that was insufficient *shrug.* Oh well. I don't mind delivering some surprises.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
I main Diddy, with the new addition of ROB.

Super excited because I'm finally getting the hang of the spike.

Top Bottom