• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to begin? My journey into the world of Smash.

the_snack

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the Smash scene and I would like to get a crash course on what I need to know to become a more serious player. Brawl is the first Smash game that I have played seriously(I had Super Smash but I was little and I just played around). I really am looking forward to understanding the intricacies of the game, but I have nowhere to begin. I try to follow what is going on in the Tactics thread, but I am behind the curve when it comes to Smash terminology. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread in which all the Veterans of Smash can come in and pass down their wisdom on to us new players. The only thing that I know for certain is that I am a fan of Pit and would like to main with him.

Here are some questions I'd like answered. What's the best way to practice? Where can I catch up on all the past? What are some tips and tricks that might not be so obvious to new-comers?

Feel free to tell me whatever information you'd like. I am pretty sure this thread hasn't been done before, but if it has....well this was a great way to start out my first post.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Just buy brawl will do. Sakurai said that even beginners can play this game. Just set the diffculty to 1.

kr3wman

Smash Master
1. Practice combos with a character you feel comfortable with.
2. Play alot against Human opponents.
3. Practice Mind Games with said Humans.
4. ???
5. Profit.

the_snack

Smash Rookie
So what about terminology? Is their a site I can check out that has most of it?

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
the smash wiki has a lot of useful terminology

and the folks here are happy to answer your questions, save for a few jerks

Top Bottom