• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where is Spectator mode???

Red10

Smash Cadet
So I got brawl last night, and it pretty much fills all my expectations, but one problem. If you have been checking the update on the super smash brawl page website you would know that there is supposed to be a spectator mode, but for some reason, in the American version there isn't any, this is quite strange. Also when you log onto wifi there is no there is supposed to be a "wifi options" button but that is also not there. This is so strange because out of the four options there is supposed to be, there is only 2 of them. Is spectator mode unlockable??? What do you guys think

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
What what? Um... I have the U.S. version and I just watched some matches on spectator mode about an hour ago. It was the first time I did it and so I can't recall exactly how, but I'm pretty sure that as soon as you log into WIFI, the option is right there on the screen. I'm not crazy!

Edds

Smash Ace
i guess nintendo can choose which options they can put up or remove when you connect to wifi

Marth117

Smash Cadet
What what? Um... I have the U.S. version and I just watched some matches on spectator mode about an hour ago. It was the first time I did it and so I can't recall exactly how, but I'm pretty sure that as soon as you log into WIFI, the option is right there on the screen. I'm not crazy!
If he can so can you. See you all in April, can't get it now flat broke.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
So this means that even just looking at the Wi-fi menu you have to be connected to the internet?

Red10

Smash Cadet
You're crazy, because spectator mode does not exist for some reason.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
Well then they have taken it down. It was up this morning when I played around 6am. I haven't played sence then because I'm getting ready for the SSBB party I'm throwing. I hope it hasn't been taken down because it was lots of fun to watch people play.

Iliketosayhi

Smash Rookie
Try reading the manual, the answer is in there. Seriously guys, you always have to read the manual, don't dis it.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
My game does not have Spectator or Smash Service either. I cannot access it and it is not anywhere in the menu. I even consulted the manual and it didn't help at all. I haven't even been able to get into a With Anyone match either.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it's not up all the time? That's just terrible. We have to deal with friend codes, and even a simple thing like spectator/options isn't even up all the time?

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
So, here's something weird:

I have two Wiis here in the house, and two copies of Smash. One copy I've had for about... seven days now. The other I picked up today.

On the Wii that I have been playing for the past week, I do not have these options and not once have they been available out of all my Wi-Fi play. On the other Wii that has only been playing for a few hours, these options are available and have been every single time I've checked today.

So, I called one of the guys I work with and he was having this problem as well. He said he deleted his save file, and once he created a new one, those options showed up and have been available each time.

I hope Nintendo gets this figured out, something is definitely borked...

Default092

Smash Cadet
bump, any new info?

I have all the characters and stages unlocked so i REALLLLLLY do not want to delete my Saved folder.

i hope nintendo does something about this

Top Bottom