• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where is all the Hipe?!!!

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Why the hell is there not TONS of commercials for brawl in the US yet? What the hell are they waiting for? the game comes out in what 20 or so days??? and whats the deal with walmart not making a big deal about it ether? IDK just kinda think NINTENDO is doing a poor job advertising seeing as how this game is the only reason many people bought there wii. . . right?

Luigi_Maniac

Smash Rookie
Well Nintendo isn't really good at advertising there games, just tend to just advertise a lil bit on the internet, and maybe one "Wii would like to play Commercial" I mean look at what they did for Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime. Nothing.

orintemple

Smash Lord
umm.. right. There are commercials that exist although I haven't seen them on the air. Brawl could stand to get a bit more advertising to everyday public but with the current factors

-Brawl being talked about tons by developers and such at all game conventions since mid last year
-everyone already knows about Smash since it is so huge
-it has ads and articles in all appropriate gaming magazines
-demos

I would like to see a US store demo though, although at this point that is looking bleak.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know what good commercials would do when most Gamestop stores have already been forced to stop taking pre-orders.

I'm pretty sure everyone that would care to buy it will.

mickomoo

Smash Rookie
Well Nintendo isn't really good at advertising there games, just tend to just advertise a lil bit on the internet, and maybe one "Wii would like to play Commercial" I mean look at what they did for Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime. Nothing.
Nintendo was good at advertising. Look at the original ssb commercials, or hell their wacky 90's commercials. Go to youtube and look for the classic commercials, that's advertising. Nowadays it's all cut and dry, with simple commercials. I recall some people in canada saying they saw the commercial and it's "wii would like to play"

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
umm.. right. There are commercials that exist although I haven't seen them on the air. Brawl could stand to get a bit more advertising to everyday public but with the current factors

-Brawl being talked about tons by developers and such at all game conventions since mid last year
-everyone already knows about Smash since it is so huge
-it has ads and articles in all appropriate gaming magazines
-demos

I would like to see a US store demo though, although at this point that is looking bleak.
Yeah but thats not NINTENDO advertising you know? just seems like a shame that they would not advertise more because there missing out on alot of attention. . . everyone does not know about smash brothers.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Video games aren't usually advertised on TV until 1-2 weeks before release.

Man, those "we would like to play" commercials sure do suck, huh?

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yeah but thats not NINTENDO advertising you know? just seems like a shame that they would not advertise more because there missing out on alot of attention. . . everyone does not know about smash brothers.
Yea I guess you have a point. Maybe they just figure they don't need to advertise. Whatever their reasoning, I don't think it will matter too much in the long run.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
slack, it's true they don't need it, but there are people who like "hardcore" games, that are not in the know, plus, they don't NEED it, but a little bit of "Wii can kick ***" hype might boost and change their image a bit to the peeps who think they are only for kids.

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
Another thing to think on is the current and unending shortage of Wiis. If they did advertise, then they would need to have yet more Wiis in NA for launch. They've already been canceling ads for some games for the Wii already. So that might explain why there is as little advertising as there is.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I think those big posters in front of EBgames/Gamestop and Youtube are getting quite a lot of attention. It seems that people will seek out this game without the need for commercial advertisements =).

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Another thing to think on is the current and unending shortage of Wiis. If they did advertise, then they would need to have yet more Wiis in NA for launch. They've already been canceling ads for some games for the Wii already. So that might explain why there is as little advertising as there is.
The current and unending shortage of Wiis is proof they don't need to advertise. Nintendo's going to count their money and not spend it on TV spots.

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
The current and unending shortage of Wiis is proof they don't need to advertise. Nintendo's going to count their money and not spend it on TV spots.
No that's not quite what I'm getting at. They might be sued for false advbertising or something like that if they keep driving up demand when they can't deliver. That and you're right. Why spend money advertising on TV spots when you already have the Dojo to advertise to the enthusiasts? They might have ads out later though, maybe in time for summer... if they ahve enought Wiis then too.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No that's not quite what I'm getting at. They might be sued for false advbertising or something like that if they keep driving up demand when they can't deliver. That and you're right. Why spend money advertising on TV spots when you already have the Dojo to advertise to the enthusiasts? They might have ads out later though, maybe in time for summer... if they ahve enought Wiis then too.
It's only false advertising if they actually claim to be able to deliver millions of Wiis.

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
It's only false advertising if they actually claim to be able to deliver millions of Wiis.
Fine, I'll give you that. There is still the possiblity that they could be prosecuted for creating an illegal artificial shortage. They have had to already deny doing such already. That's why they need to be careful with their advertising.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fine, I'll give you that. There is still the possiblity that they could be prosecuted for creating an illegal artificial shortage. They have had to already deny doing such already. That's why they need to be careful with their advertising.
Yeah, because there's proof of that, right?

And because of a shortage of Wiis, they cannot advertize their games now?

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because there's proof of that, right?

And because of a shortage of Wiis, they cannot advertize their games now?
There is no proof. However, if Nintendo knowing ahead of time that they cannot fulfill the current demand, advertises Brawl which would again *raise* demand for the Wii; this can/ could be seen as Nintendo's way of insuring that there will continue to be a shortage. This would be iilegal.

I know that this shortage is a bad thing and everything I've seen says that Nintendo keeps losing money because people cannot find a Wii. So while I know that there is no real reason that they couldn't advertise for one of their games, they might not in this case.

Top Bottom