• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do you think Peach belongs on the tier list?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow. Here I thought the Peach boards were estrogen-charged back in Melee days.

Hmmm, IMO Fox, Marth, and Sheik's edgeguarding game are better than Peach's, but not by that much. >_< It's just so hard to edge guard Link and Y Link. Any tips?
Run off with bair. Like, don't float or anything. Just run right off with your *** sticking out.

I dunno how to really describe anything beyond when they're coming from the angle that works at, though. It's really situational. I'll try to get my Peach back in shape (for Genesis!) and get some vids vs LoVo's Link.

p.s. I really only SD a lot in two situations: against people that I know I can ****, or if I'm nervous as hell. Other than that it's because I'm not warmed up.

TIMES CHANGE.
/johns

HAY GUIZE, I hAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE, TOO! LET'S DO PEACH DITTOS! THEY SHOW WHO THE BETTER OVERALL PLAYER IS, AMIRITE?

Y'all are stupid.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I know this isn't related to her placing on the tier list, but I personally find the Falco/Peach match up to be 50/50. It all depends on how Falco plays, and how well Falco plays. Another thing that is invaluable is each players EXPERIENCE against the other character.

A passive Falco will stand a much, much better chance against a Peach player than an aggressive Falco. Falco can play his laser game smartly. Force Peach to float at certain heights, and counter accordingly with well spaced, or timed aerials. Most specifically N-air when level/under peach, and D-air when above Peach. Falco's N-Air frequently out prioritizes Peach's D-Air. Forcing Peach to float is almost like a guaranteed combo, or depending on the stage, Falco can just retreat. Also; Shield game is key in the matchup. Falco has a very good light shield, one large enough to safely shield MOST of her shield pressure, including 1 Down Smash, depending on how Falco angles the shield.

I play Falco vs Peach similar to how I would play Fox vs Peach. Camp lasers. Punish openings. Basically spending most of the game AWAY from Peach, forcing her to come to me. Fox, Falco, Marth, and Shiek have one huge advantage over Peach, and that is their speed, and their ability to force Peach to come to them, which is why I can't agree with a passive Falco being at a disadvantage versus Peach. I can agree with most Falco players being at a disadvantage, but IMO it all comes down to how you play the match, and how much experience you have with the match.

Samochan

Smash Master
*agrees with the above post* And when falco gets his opening, it's easy switch from passive to aggressive and get those ko's while peach gets comboed there and back, the switch back to defensive when you can't get any more hits in.

JFox

Smash Hero
I believe the match up is slightly in peach's favor, but like many other characters, you need to know what you are doing vs falco or u get *****. Look at cort if u want a good example of a peach who knows how to **** a falco.

Also, Peach cannot get combo'd in the air if you float at the right height. Its impossible. Nair is too low to reach, and full jumps are easy to see coming and easily avoided, plus they dont lead to combos at all. Oh and "fox, falco, sheik, marth all have the ability to force peach to come to them"? Umm, what? Last I check marth is the one forced to approach, cuz he has a sword and you have veggies. Sheik has crappy needles, so its really a slow and painful back and forth camp on both sides, neither of them really being forced to approach the other. (watch vidjo and plank camp each other til the time limit, lol). Spacies lasers can def force you to do the approaching, although peach can pick and choose her moments vs falco since he really cant touch u while u are floating or platform camping.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
While you're right about the knowing the matchup Ruby; JFox is pretty much right on the money. Many Falco players believe that Peach has the slight advantage in the match-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGCGgZIxYtg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKs6oi3cn7E
Way to **** a Falco, xD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u-qkZmuoTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN4-Fh4TlpQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_6gihKVjg
More even matchup in Peach's favor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jw15_pagPM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nhmANYb6Bc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hsppWznt8&feature=related
More even Matchup in Falco's favor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOWPCdzyqY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iof9C2Zoho&feature=related
Falco handling Peach the right way

I dunno, I searched for a few matches, hope they help.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I believe the match up is slightly in peach's favor, but like many other characters, you need to know what you are doing vs falco or u get *****. Look at cort if u want a good example of a peach who knows how to **** a falco.

Also, Peach cannot get combo'd in the air if you float at the right height. Its impossible. Nair is too low to reach, and full jumps are easy to see coming and easily avoided, plus they dont lead to combos at all. Oh and "fox, falco, sheik, marth all have the ability to force peach to come to them"? Umm, what? Last I check marth is the one forced to approach, cuz he has a sword and you have veggies. Sheik has crappy needles, so its really a slow and painful back and forth camp on both sides, neither of them really being forced to approach the other. (watch vidjo and plank camp each other til the time limit, lol). Spacies lasers can def force you to do the approaching, although peach can pick and choose her moments vs falco since he really cant touch u while u are floating or platform camping.
Unless you full hop float, Yes Falco can still EASILY hit Peach.

Also; Like I stated earlier, Peach only has the advantage against Falco if Falco DOESN'T play passively.

JFox

Smash Hero
"force peach to float at certain heights, and counter with well spaced and timed aerials"

What would ever force me to float at any specific height? That doesnt make sense. I would always float at a safe height where falco cant reach high enough with anything except sh uair, which would be the worst idea ever to try and approach me with.

"forcing peach to float is like a guaranteed combo"

once again, Peach can float out of range of any of falcos sh aerials with the exception of sh uair which leads to nothing, has no priority, and will get u *****.

"a passive falco will stand a much better chance than an aggressive falco"

Saying that falco does well when played "passively" is really a blanket statement in general- aggro players always get ***** no matter what the matchup. I agree with you, defensive falcos are far harder to beat cuz aggro falcos are cake. Still, the match is in peach's favor.

The way you beat falco is by forcing him to do what you want, than punishing when he falls into your traps. Peach punishes falco extremely well. Dsmash at low percents are great, grab on FD or mute are pretty much a guaranteed stock. Once he's off the stage, peach covers his options rather well.

Falco can't combo into killers very easily. He can't combo for more than a consecutive 20 damage if u DI. He doesn't control space well, which is a key thing when fighting peach. His grabs are almost worthless.

All these things considered, he still does pretty ok in the matchup cuz he's a good character. I would say 60/40. MAYBE 55/45 at best.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
"force peach to float at certain heights, and counter with well spaced and timed aerials"

What would ever force me to float at any specific height? That doesnt make sense. I would always float at a safe height where falco cant reach high enough with anything except sh uair, which would be the worst idea ever to try and approach me with.

"forcing peach to float is like a guaranteed combo"

once again, Peach can float out of range of any of falcos sh aerials with the exception of sh uair which leads to nothing, has no priority, and will get u *****.

"a passive falco will stand a much better chance than an aggressive falco"

Saying that falco does well when played "passively" is really a blanket statement in general- aggro players always get ***** no matter what the matchup. I agree with you, defensive falcos are far harder to beat cuz aggro falcos are cake. Still, the match is in peach's favor.

The way you beat falco is by forcing him to do what you want, than punishing when he falls into your traps. Peach punishes falco extremely well. Dsmash at low percents are great, grab on FD or mute are pretty much a guaranteed stock. Once he's off the stage, peach covers his options rather well.

Falco can't combo into killers very easily. He can't combo for more than a consecutive 20 damage if u DI. He doesn't control space well, which is a key thing when fighting peach. His grabs are almost worthless.

All these things considered, he still does pretty ok in the matchup cuz he's a good character. I would say 60/40. MAYBE 55/45 at best.
If you float at a specific height that a short hopped (No fast fall) laser, won't hit, and only a SH U-Air will hit, Falco has several options. One of which, is obviously to run away and continue to camp lasers. Peach has to fall eventually, and while she does, She's going to be stunned. Falco can also instant double-jump his lasers, which the second laser WILL hit if he times it properly. Finally, he can just full-hop an aerial. Also; because of constant pressure from lasers, Peach won't always float at that specific height. Forcing the float IS usually a guaranteed combo, or at least some percentage.

Falco has a guaranteed 35% combo regardless of DI. Drill - Shine - Bair. 20% is only two hits. (Drill - Shine.) even if the Bair won't hit, he can still hit with U-air or N-Air, depending on DI. Falco can also use his second jump at much higher percentaged and hit with U-Air, or Up+B. (Never count out the Up+B. It ko's Peach at low %, lol.)

The Peach vs Falco matchup has too many factors to consider to make an accurate guess on who has the advantage. How does the Falco player play? How experienced is the Falco player versus Peach players? How experienced is the Peach player versus Falco players? Does the Peach player only have experience aggressive Falco players? Passive players? Etc. Looking at the match as a whole, I want to say that it's a 50/50. after that, it comes down to personal experience, style, etc.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
How do you feel Peach does against Peach

Edit: Why does my signature not show up on new posts, when clearly it shows up on older ones?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Because they put in a code (or something) that disables your signature unless your post is a certain length.

If you didnt know (and dont worry, I didnt till like, last month or so), you're actually not supposed to post your sig anywhere on smashboards unless your post is longer than your sig (both length and width wise). Alot of people obvious dont do that. >.>

*continues to thumb around the thread*

JFox

Smash Hero
If you float at a specific height that a short hopped (No fast fall) laser, won't hit, and only a SH U-Air will hit, Falco has several options. One of which, is obviously to run away and continue to camp lasers. Peach has to fall eventually, and while she does, She's going to be stunned. Falco can also instant double-jump his lasers, which the second laser WILL hit if he times it properly. Finally, he can just full-hop an aerial. Also; because of constant pressure from lasers, Peach won't always float at that specific height. Forcing the float IS usually a guaranteed combo, or at least some percentage.

Falco has a guaranteed 35% combo regardless of DI. Drill - Shine - Bair. 20% is only two hits. (Drill - Shine.) even if the Bair won't hit, he can still hit with U-air or N-Air, depending on DI. Falco can also use his second jump at much higher percentaged and hit with U-Air, or Up+B. (Never count out the Up+B. It ko's Peach at low %, lol.)

The Peach vs Falco matchup has too many factors to consider to make an accurate guess on who has the advantage. How does the Falco player play? How experienced is the Falco player versus Peach players? How experienced is the Peach player versus Falco players? Does the Peach player only have experience aggressive Falco players? Passive players? Etc. Looking at the match as a whole, I want to say that it's a 50/50. after that, it comes down to personal experience, style, etc.

When you look at matchups, you always look at them from the highest level point of view. So you take the best way to play peach, the best way to play falco vs peach, and than say "ok this is how they do vs each other at highest level".

Many people like to use pros as examples because they play at the highest levels we see possible (or we assume so). You would take a person like Cort who knows how to fight falco extremely well, and take a person like PC who knows how to fight peach well, than see how they match up.

I'm tired of this debate, its getting redundant and worn out.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
When you look at matchups, you always look at them from the highest level point of view. So you take the best way to play peach, the best way to play falco vs peach, and than say "ok this is how they do vs each other at highest level".

Many people like to use pros as examples because they play at the highest levels we see possible (or we assume so). You would take a person like Cort who knows how to fight falco extremely well, and take a person like PC who knows how to fight peach well, than see how they match up.

I'm tired of this debate, its getting redundant and worn out.
The debate comes down to that we both agree that aggressive Falco players get *****. We both agree that Peach can punish the **** out of any of Falco's openings. We also both agree that a camping Falco will stand a better chance. After that, it's just us arguing about both characters options in different scenarios.

It's just me, but I feel the matchup to be a 50/50. The whole thing really comes down to experience, and play style.

Top Bottom