• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where are all the falco's?

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I have been playing on gamebattles for quite some time now. I've noticed that finding a falco is very rare. I was wondering if any of you falco mainers play on gamebattles or any other ranked site like that.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Falco is ungodly to use online. All of falco's strength is in precise timing. Tell me, have you ever tried to precisely time something with BUTTON DELAY AND LAG? I am terrified of playing as falco online competitively, it'll ruin my reputation. I kill people more with GANONDORF than falco online, and even though I'm good with ganondorf, I'm far... FAR better with falco.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you completely. When you play a laggy game with button lag, it's hell. That's how I get the majority of my losses on Gamebattles. Although, I do quite well online, IMO. I'm ranked 76th? Was last time i checked at least. I just think it's a great thing for practice against all different types of players and characters. It has improved my game by a great deal.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I agree with you completely. When you play a laggy game with button lag, it's hell. That's how I get the majority of my losses on Gamebattles. Although, I do quite well online, IMO. I'm ranked 76th? Was last time i checked at least. I just think it's a great thing for practice against all different types of players and characters. It has improved my game by a great deal.
well at least you're under 100th : )

Jace08

Smash Lord
Well, online play just kinda sucks period... but yeah you especially feel it when playing Falco, imo.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think some of you good falco mainers should try it out anyway. Hopefully we can get falco more feared or something, xD. It's worth it. Plus, you'll get better. A bunch of good players on Gamebattles.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
i know where you guys are coming from, its definitely more difficult with lag, but i find once you get used to it, and if it isn't more than 1/2 - 2/3 of a second lag you can manage with it and still throw down the ****.

Edit: I am in Canada owning some noobs.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I dont use Gamebattles because its Online

I used to play on SBR but because of the massive lag (and complaints) I started to strictly play offline for competition.

I suggest if you can go to tournaments locally to start doing so (convince your local EB Games or Gamestop and Game Crazy to hold Smash Tournaments if you have to like I did yesterday)

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
i know where you guys are coming from, its definitely more difficult with lag, but i find once you get used to it, and if it isn't more than 1/2 - 2/3 of a second lag you can manage with it and still throw down the ****.

Edit: I am in Canada owning some noobs.
Yeah, you can adjust to the lag. But I don't WANT to. It seriously messes up your actual IRL timing. For a bit I had trouble doing a boost smash offline because I had learned to do it with practice online.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
yea, something similar like this happened to me witout knowing it.

After a night of playing laggy games, I decided to play the next morning and I started to completely SUCK so hard that 2 days later I those skills affected me during the Weekly Vegas Smash tournament I went to.

I lost in both brackets in the first round because my Falco skills couldn't keep up.

Adjusting to lag = Bad

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I have minor offline problems as well, but it still helps you adjust to the metagame of other characters. It's helpful to play multiple people, multiple characters, rather than just your one friend that uses two characters.

Forgot to mention that when a tournament is coming up, I stop playing online for at least a few days to readjust to IRL playing. It's quite helpful.

Top Bottom