• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when you were a noob

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Last October, I barely played the game before then. I started off playing against people like synikal and smilez. The first tournament I ever went to my first match was against linguini. Good times

Mean2U

Smash Cadet
When I was a noob all my friends ever wanted to do was play Hyrule Temple, 10-stock, all items VERY HIGH. It was fun at first. then got old. Then I discovered that Smash had a competitive scene and I learned all about wavedashing, L-Cancelling then I realized... "I SUCK!". Now I'm a bit better,

Vanitas

Smash Ace
When i was a noob, i thought i was the best at smash using my acclaimed best character Link. Then my cousin beats me with Ganondorf which i found pretty shameful back in the days. After that day, i stumbled across advanced technique guides on youtube and gamefaqs, determined to beat a Ganondorf who beated me by timing out a match by rolling constantly lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I hope you picked mewtwo only one who could also charge his shadowballs and if he attacks back away if he doesn't shoot them, m2 is broken at noob levels.

BEES

Smash Lord
I am a newb. I've played Melee for less than a year up until this point. Started with Brawl. Played mostly Brawl+ the past year.

Let me reminisce about right now.

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
Started with Smash 64 at 8 years old, with items and stuff. Played a lot with my brother and his friends. Mostly played FFA with 4 players, usually on Hyrule Castle for whatever reason.

When SSBM first came out, we heard about the tournament scene and started playing items off on Final Destination.(haw haw) I was never really that good at it, and didn't start taking it seriously until after SSBB came out.

When SSBB came out, I tried to play it competitively, but it seemed like something was...missing. The game didn't feel as fluid as the previous two, and I got kind of bored of it at some point. So I decided to switch back to SSBM. For those playing SSBM competitively for the first time after playing SSBB, they usually feel way out of the loop, since the game really is way faster. It took me a while to get used to it, but it seemed a lo more fun. And well...here I am today.

Fossul

Smash Rookie
When I was a noob, I thought Bowser was the best character considering the instruction manual said that he was full of power, but he traded speed for it. At the time, I though speed didn't really matter. :/

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
when I was/am a noob, I thought ganons tilts could be interchangeably used to combo. also at my first tourney I got f-tilt comboed by a sheik up to like 100 percent.

Top Bottom