• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you shffl dairs to shine, cstick ot down-a

tutata

Smash Ace
Use the C-stick, if you ever hear anyone call you a newb because of it, they themselves are the newbs, most ppl use the C-stick anyways.
Well i personally use the C-stick, it dosent matter which one you use as long as you can do it.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the situation for me:

If I'm starting with a dair then to a shine, I use c-stick.

If I'm starting with a shine then jc-ing it to a shffl'd dair, then shine, etc. I use the analog stick because it's a lot faster and easier for me. That way, I only have to hold down the analog stick and press b, x, a, b, x, a, and so on instead of going all the way down to the c-stick.

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
hmmm i use the c-stick, just personal liking, tho i use y to jump and sometimes hit b on the way into a phantasm >.< i just gitta practise that.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
C-stick DEFINATELY, i never use down A or nething Dair using the analog is kinda bad (well, if you don't wanna ff)

hova

Smash Champion
i like the c-stick because it completely separates the fast fall and dair mechanics. i can start my fast fall and slightly delay the dair, i was never able to do that with the analog+ A

i just feel like i have better control

j00t

Smash Champion
I have a question myself about pillaring with Falco (And this seems to be the appropriate place to ask.)

If you do your d-air too early out of your shine, your opponent can shieldgrab you before you land for your next shine. So obviously you have to do your drill just right... when is the right time? If you do it too late then your opponent can roll away from you. It's something i've never gotten down really.

Miharu

Smash Hero
How many times has this type of topic been created?

It's always possible to roll out of a pillar by buffering a roll with the C-stick. So just be wary of that, and do some later dairs, so you can easily chase the roll with a laser, etc.

spKz

Smash Ace
the only time i ever use a for aerials is for Nair and Fair (when facing right faster that way)
But its all preferance ^__^

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
my opinion on c-stick dont use its a bad habit to get into using and i personally think c-stick is what seperates the good vs the best players

think bout it this way u lose bout .2-3 seconds switching to use the c stick instead using the buttons that mer seconds is crucial in any fight

clowsui

Smash Legend
my opinion on c-stick dont use its a bad habit to get into using and i personally think c-stick is what seperates the good vs the best players

think bout it this way u lose bout .2-3 seconds switching to use the c stick instead using the buttons that mer seconds is crucial in any fight
i hope you know what you're talking about.

oh wait, you don't - cstick is not what separates good from bad. a lot of people use cstick and they're just as good as the next person, if not better. they could be worse too, but hey...

also, for falco it's a helluva a lot easier if you use the cstick because it's easier to switch up timing for the fastfall/dair. dair-> shine is especially good with the cstick because the cstick is farther from the b button...your hand doesn't feel as cramped up that way. one can suffer some slight psychological setbacks from that, unless they're super used to it (which would not be everyone).

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
i hope you know what you're talking about.

oh wait, you don't - cstick is not what separates good from bad. a lot of people use cstick and they're just as good as the next person, if not better. they could be worse too, but hey...

also, for falco it's a helluva a lot easier if you use the cstick because it's easier to switch up timing for the fastfall/dair. dair-> shine is especially good with the cstick because the cstick is farther from the b button...your hand doesn't feel as cramped up that way. one can suffer some slight psychological setbacks from that, unless they're super used to it (which would not be everyone).
yes i seen some really good cstick players but im just saying u really shouldnt rely on it for the fact it takes longer to reach the c-stick than it does not using it relying on c-stick means u are not at ur full potential and u could improve learning not to use it when u used it all ur life is the hard part just like tunnel vision playing wow or teams in ssb/m/b

what a partner that can observe everything is better than a partner that cant observe everything note they both are the same skill range

i used to be a person that used to use the c stick a lot then i was taught not to use it and the reason for not using it the less strain u are using on ur thumb

Miharu

Smash Hero
yes i seen some really good cstick players but im just saying u really shouldnt rely on it for the fact it takes longer to reach the c-stick than it does not using it relying on c-stick means u are not at ur full potential and u could improve learning not to use it when u used it all ur life is the hard part just like tunnel vision playing wow or teams in ssb/m/b

what a partner that can observe everything is better than a partner that cant observe everything note they both are the same skill range

i used to be a person that used to use the c stick a lot then i was taught not to use it and the reason for not using it the less strain u are using on ur thumb
Hi, you're an idiot. Your ******** arguments aren't even worth debating. If you wish to elicit meaningful responses from people, think before you post.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

The person that told you C-sticking is wrong is telling you a lie.

The best players in the world will tell you that the C-stick is indeed needed. You can't justify not using the C-stick for the alleviation of strain, competitive gaming just doesn't work that way.

SSBM is a game about being able to maximise controller input and DI (Directional Influence for the uninitiated - You) and is what makes a good player. (Great players are the ones with good mindgames). There are very few high ranking players that can get away without the C-stick and when it gets down to it the loss of those precious microseconds does not compare to the ability to DI and attack at the same time.

To take Mathos' example, pillaring requires you to Fast fall a Dair against a shield, L-cancel, then Shine, then jump-cancel, then repeat.

For the first cycle, you could get away without the C-stick, but each time their character will be pushed away from you, and you will need to chase, a task made immensely easier with the C-stick.

Your full potential is Found not lost with the C-stick, your full potential would, by your reasoning, be gained when you can overcome the supposed strain of moving your thumb all the way from X or Y (I hope you use those and not up on the directional stick to jump) to the C-stick.

I would seriously reconsider your opinion, there is much evidence and people against it.

EDIT: Learn2Grammar. Seriously.

Miharu

Smash Hero
He needs to keep his womanly hands in optimal shape for things that i deign unnecessary to mention. Can't do some things with those nasty, nasty blisters.

Ice0verlord

Smash Rookie
The person that told you C-sticking is wrong is telling you a lie.

The best players in the world will tell you that the C-stick is indeed needed. You can't justify not using the C-stick for the alleviation of strain, competitive gaming just doesn't work that way.

SSBM is a game about being able to maximise controller input and DI (Directional Influence for the uninitiated - You) and is what makes a good player. (Great players are the ones with good mindgames). There are very few high ranking players that can get away without the C-stick and when it gets down to it the loss of those precious microseconds does not compare to the ability to DI and attack at the same time.

To take Mathos' example, pillaring requires you to Fast fall a Dair against a shield, L-cancel, then Shine, then jump-cancel, then repeat.

For the first cycle, you could get away without the C-stick, but each time their character will be pushed away from you, and you will need to chase, a task made immensely easier with the C-stick.

Your full potential is Found not lost with the C-stick, your full potential would, by your reasoning, be gained when you can overcome the supposed strain of moving your thumb all the way from X or Y (I hope you use those and not up on the directional stick to jump) to the C-stick.

I would seriously reconsider your opinion, there is much evidence and people against it.

EDIT: Learn2Grammar. Seriously.
i think u said Learn2grammer cough maximise is spelled maximize & mindgames has a space in it :mad: if ur (your for the non educated-vyse)going to correct spelling l2spell(learn to spell for the stupid-vyse) and SSBM= Super Smash Bros. Melee aka Super Smash Brothers Melee for the imbecilic-vyse

seriously do not correct other peoples English if you ca not spell your self idiot

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think you said Learn2grammar (cough). "Maximise" is spellt maximize, and "mindgames" does not have to have a space in it :mad:. If your're (you're for the non-educated [space] vyse) [space] going to correct spelling, learn2spell [space] (learn to spell for the stupid [space] vyse). SSBM= Super Smash Bros. Melee aka Super Smash Brothers Melee for [the] [space] [not a word] vyse[.]

Seriously, do not correct other peoples' English if you can not spell your[remove space]self, idiot.
What was that?

Also, it's not smart to resort solely to petty grammatical arguments to advance your point.

The C-stick is needed to improve/stay at a higher level, whether you stick with it (lol pun) or not is your choice. That's what's been established, at least with Falco.

Miharu

Smash Hero
i think u said Learn2grammer cough maximise is spelled maximize & mindgames has a space in it :mad: if ur (your for the non educated-vyse)going to correct spelling l2spell(learn to spell for the stupid-vyse) and SSBM= Super Smash Bros. Melee aka Super Smash Brothers Melee for the imbecilic-vyse

seriously do not correct other peoples English if you ca not spell your self idiot
ya wtf dis guy cant evn spel or us prper gramer i meen y he post i dun get

Your idiocy was made obvious from the moment you uttered the phrase"c-stick makes you bad."

Top Bottom