• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use utilt and dtilt?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just started using falco and I noticed these are the moves I least use when I play as him, and I'm wondering what I can do with these.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Utilt after a SH nair. Dtilt is rarely used but it is a good surprise maneuver, especially after a SH dair into the stage. Gets your opponent back up quickly. Utilt is more useful for that though. I miss dtilt's melee killing power...

clowsui

Smash Legend
Don't use Dtilt
UTilt you can use after any aerial for good shield pressure. Also good at all percentages to set up into an aerial

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Like everybody else has said, uptilt after ariel. I don't know about Dtilt. Maybe when you're Dsmash will take to long to come out,but I don't know if it is faster then your Dsmash.

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
Like everybody else has said, uptilt after ariel. I don't know about Dtilt. Maybe when you're Dsmash will take to long to come out,but I don't know if it is faster then your Dsmash.
For dtilts I generally do something like auto canceled nair or dair into jab. If it's sheilded you can dtilt sometimes to catch them off guard or act as a poke so your dsmash doesn't get stale. Dtilt is better in this scenario because it has less ending lag.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Up-Tilt: Racking up damage, stright after Nair
Down-Tilt: Nothing much, suprise attacks can work. but thats probably it.

I miss D-tilts killing power in Melee, then there would be like Fox's up-smash for falco. too bad there isn't much killing power

BEES

Smash Lord
Dtilt is good if you need priority against characters like Metaknight and Game&Watch with lots of little poke attacks. It tends to clang where Utilt would get punished.

Top Bottom