• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use down-air?

LazyPurple

Smash Rookie
After, sorry. I'd delete the thread if I could. While I have you here, though, do you know if Luigi's f-smash is more powerful at close range (as opposed to well-spaced)?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
It's the same regardless of spacing. However, you can angle it, which does affect the damage (up does 1 point more than neutral, down does 1 point less). If you want to check things like that, then you can use this: http://smashboards.com/threads/tool-master-hand-v1-20-melee-character-file-viewer.313930/

Also, there are 3 things that factor into a move's "power" (possibly 4 depending on context): damage, base knockback, and knockback scaling (the fourth would be launch angle, which would affect kill percentages/optimal DI but not directly affect launch distance like the other 3).

Top Bottom