• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Did You Realize Smash Was The Greatest Fighting Game Of All Time?

KING BRISKET

Smash Apprentice
At what point in your life did you realize that SSB was the greatest fighting game of all time?
Was it when you forgot to do your homework because you were playing all night?
Or was it when you finally mastered WD?
Maybe it was when you Falcon Punched your friend into the side of Final D
Or when you finally pulled of a successful Wave Shine

I want to know everyone's "I Love Smash" moment

kr3wman

Smash Master
I never realised it and probably never will.

Altho Smash 64 is very close from it.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
When I did 2 consecutive "Ken Combos" with Marth and took 0 damage. And it's the only game I can constantly play and never get bored or tired with it.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
It is? When was I suppose to realize this?
..really, it isn't the greatest fighting game ever, although it's the only one I have access to so..

I love the game though.

Edited so people DON'T start arguments.

Alopex

Smash Ace
It is? When was I suppose to realize this?
..really, it isn't the greatest fighting game ever, although it's the only one I have access to so..
What, you don't have a PS2, but you have a Wii?

If you thought there was a better fighting game out there, surely you would have gone out and purchased it instead of Brawl. If you don't have access to it, then you didn't buy it; if you didn't buy it, you clearly don't think it's that great. Yet you bought Brawl, even though it's inferior? Logic is missing here. You should fill me in.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
It was the greatest fighting game ever when I played for the fun of it with my friends.

Playing competitively makes you all sweaty and grimy and angry and ****. still fun but not as fun as playing for the fun of it.

Man I missed the days when i wasn't good at this game as I am now and me and my friends were equally as good.

Grunt

Smash Master
Double headbutt through a rain of air fireballs FTW

Smash? the best?

I must have missed that memo...

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
When I realized how unbalanced Brawl is.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
When I did a Ken Combo with Ness.

But seriously, I dunno about hands down greatest. Guilty Gear is pretty dang close, son, and so is Soul Calibur. 3-way tie?

H

Homsar, a Trendy Tote Bag

When my cousin owned me with Ness in 64 and his older brother owned us both with Captain Falcon.

Good times.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
When I first bought Melee.

When I did a FALCON PAWNCH.

When I WDashed by mistake in all star with Weegee, still don't know how to do it :p

walla_homie

Smash Apprentice
Smash64 is still amazing. Only problem is no side b moves though =?
actually i like Smash64 better because of no side B.
i like to use chars with ranged B moves, like fox and link so it was very good if you wanted to run and gun at the sametime.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
lol as soon as I played it for the first time. Yes i am serious, I just thought it was such a good idea and that it was really well designed. It was probobly right about after melee came out so about 6 years ago.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
What, you don't have a PS2, but you have a Wii?

If you thought there was a better fighting game out there, surely you would have gone out and purchased it instead of Brawl. If you don't have access to it, then you didn't buy it; if you didn't buy it, you clearly don't think it's that great. Yet you bought Brawl, even though it's inferior? Logic is missing here. You should fill me in.

Wut. I got my Wii for my b-day. I don't care to buy a console tbh. I got Brawl because I loved Melee. No, this won't turn into a Melee > Brawl debate.
I love this fighting game, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the "best", okay? Stop jumping to conclusions, k?

I can't bring the "best" into my head right now, but seriously stop acting like such a fanboy. And I do have a PS2, btw.

edit:
Mortal Kombat 2 is the best fighting game!
I'll agree with something like this, although I don't, something similar to this.. Again though, this is the only fighting game I have access to. I can't recall which one would be the "best".. in fact I could just be thinking of an FPS. Maybe Goldeneye 007 with only fists would count? >.> <.<

Yah, I love the game because I can play online though, and so many other things about it, but still there are better.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Wut. I got my Wii for my b-day. I don't care to buy a console tbh. I got Brawl because I loved Melee. No, this won't turn into a Melee > Brawl debate.
I love this fighting game, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the "best", okay? Stop jumping to conclusions, k?

I can't bring the "best" into my head right now, but seriously stop acting like such a fanboy. And I do have a PS2, btw.
I mentioned Melee vs Brawl in my post? Didn't look like it to me. You jumped to that conclusion.

I was just pointing out that your reasoning was flawed.You loved Melee, and that's still SSB, which is what the title of the thread says, so it still counts. But you don't love it enough to say it's the best, and yet you also don't know what the best is to you. It makes perfect sense to like another fighting game over the SSB series, but if you can't think of anything else then how can you justify liking it better? And why wouldn't you have access to a game that you think is better, whatever that game is?

We're not talking about the industry here, we're just talking about personal opinion. In my case, the SSB series is the best fighting game series, but Brawl is inferior to the previous two and also inferior to Marvel vs Capcom 2.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I mentioned Melee vs Brawl in my post? Didn't look like it to me. You jumped to that conclusion.

I was just pointing out that your reasoning was flawed.You loved Melee, and that's still SSB, which is what the title of the thread says, so it still counts. But you don't love it enough to say it's the best, and yet you also don't know what the best is to you. It makes perfect sense to like another fighting game over the SSB series, but if you can't think of anything else then how can you justify liking it better? And why wouldn't you have access to a game that you think is better, whatever that game is?

We're not talking about the industry here, we're just talking about personal opinion. In my case, the SSB series is the best fighting game series, but Brawl is inferior to the previous two and also inferior to Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Don't feel like arguing; wasting my time.

Typing words; wasting my time.

Just stating opinions, getting flamed, reading this; wasting my time.

Leaving this thread; getting some time.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
When I forgot about the existence of the Soul Calibur and Street Fighter series.

Magitek Angel

Smash Rookie
Before I started playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Kidding.

I've been playing Smash for half of my life. I don't remember when the obsession started.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sometime in 2004-2005, when I picked the game back up after not playing it for a long time.
I'v been addicted since then.

Top Bottom