• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When bayo-mageddon hits smash 4, will more buffs/nerfs come out?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
as it is the final patch, there may be a few tweaks made to some characters as a sendoff-characters that got massive re hauls like Lucas, Ganon and Kirby will most likely stay unchanged though.

A patch is 100% obvious anyway not only because of the new characters but also to remove the 8 player glitch that sprung up recently.

All that's left now is just to enjoy these last moments before the Season of the Witch.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The REAL question is: will Bayonetta be balanced enough and will the final tweaks to characters allow for her to be properly fought on an even playing field? As it stands now she looks to be incredibly strong.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I like what happened to mewtwo in the last patch he should get another buff. I wonder if corrin will be better than Roy. I want greninja to get a buff too.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm worried it's the last patch, the way Sakurai sounded made it seem like he's done with Smash for a while, so I'd assume that would mean no more future patches, which kind of sucks.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Guys: We need to stop assuming Bayo is gonna be unbalanced from her trailer alone.
The trailers make all of the characters look OP, yet out of all the DLC characters we got, :4cloud::4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu:, Ryu is the only one that's more widely used in competitive. We'll see.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Last of the DLC =/= balancing patches or new additions.

D

Deleted member

Guys: We need to stop assuming Bayo is gonna be unbalanced from her trailer alone.
The trailers make all of the characters look OP, yet out of all the DLC characters we got, :4cloud::4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu:, Ryu is the only one that's more widely used in competitive. We'll see.
Cloud is also making waves too. Dude's been getting remarkable results for someone only out a few weeks.

*OCTO*

Smash Rookie
NNID
OctopusCrime
3DS FC
3437-3048-3276
Last of the DLC =/= balancing patches or new additions.
No, that's exactly what it means. They've made it very clear that as of the final DLC update, Smash 4 is done. It's a complete game. They're not going to keep paying a team to work on it just for balance patches. The team is disbanding and Sakurai is hopefully going on a much-needed vacation.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Sure, but Bayo's the only one who got her whole moveset broken down by Sakurai. Cloud did too, but his happened minutes before his release. Ryu had his moveset explained as well, but he turned out to be used in competitive.

By no means am I saying that Bayonetta based on this fact alone is going to be OP, but you also can't say that the trailer is the only thing we have to tell us how she plays.

On topic, I do believe this is the last balance patch we are going to get. Sakurai probably just wants to wrap this up, and he's already confirmed to be working on his next project.

I wouldn't be surprised if patches here and there came by to fix glitches, but probably only that, if at all.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
No, that's exactly what it means. They've made it very clear that as of the final DLC update, Smash 4 is done. It's a complete game. They're not going to keep paying a team to work on it just for balance patches. The team is disbanding and Sakurai is hopefully going on a much-needed vacation.
That is like taking Sakurai's "I'm done with Smash" statements seriously. Sakurai has appeared arrogant when it comes to working on Smash and displayed some passion for the projects. When the rest of the DLC characters come out and a large imbalance/expolit appears that throws most the roster in a disadvantage, you can bet there will be patches that address this.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It may be the final DLC patch, but it won't be the final balancing one in my opinion. It simply can't be, and would be a pretty big risk after releasing not only three new fighters (there's Cloud to take into account as well), but two of them are going to be VERY unorthodox fighters, who could very well end up being either the biggest broken messes of Smash history that will dwarf even Brawl's Meta Knight, or the biggest jokes in Smash history that will make even the widely considered "worst characters" look great.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It may be the final DLC patch, but it won't be the final balancing one in my opinion. It simply can't be, and would be a pretty big risk after releasing not only three new fighters (there's Cloud to take into account as well), but two of them are going to be VERY unorthodox fighters, who could very well end up being either the biggest broken messes of Smash history that will dwarf even Brawl's Meta Knight, or the biggest jokes in Smash history that will make even the widely considered "worst characters" look great.
If there really need to be more balance patches, we've got a good chance of getting another one, but if this upcoming one doesn't disrupt the current level of balance this game has, I wouldn't necessarily count on another one. The dev team has already been together for some time now and need to move on at some point. None of the other DLC fighters wound up being the best or the worst characters, so I don't see any evidence suggesting that the new DLC characters will be either.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I'd say cloud will get a tiny nerf when Bayo and Corrin come out. Cloud is pretty tuff but will sakurai leave him alone. I think Bayonetta is gonna shake up a lot of things when she hits. In the right hands people will do great things with her but that goes for a lot of characters .:4bayonetta:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The February patch will probably also be the last balance patch we will be getting before the remaining team finally disband and move on to other projects (In fact, I believe Sakurai kinda already confirmed that his next job has already been decided).

Unless some game breaking glitch occurs with the last patch that may need to be addressed (Like some of the shenanigans that turned up with the likes of Diddy Kong and Pac-Man over time.) I'm not sure we will be getting any further patches after February....

Last edited:

DE235

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Decrosis
3DS FC
1977-0197-7138
Probably the last balance changes this game will receive allowing the meta to really flourish.

Top Bottom