• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When a man quits smoking.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ah, the joy of a fine Cuban cigar. Ever since I ran out in '06, I can't ever find anyone selling genuine ones. DAMN THAT EMBARGO!
I can't find them either. :(
So I just smoke acid ones.
Hahahahaha

See our government doesn't care about Cuba so I can buy them from even our equivalent of Wal-Mart LOL
Words cannot describe the extent of how much I hate you right now.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So it has been an entire week now.

Yesterday was really hard as I was at a friends house for their 25th birthday and everyone around me was smoking.

But hopefully it will start getting easier from here on in.

I did hit a couple of ____ though.....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Did you mix said LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE with tobacco to facilitate burning?

Because if you did it'll screw up the quitting, as does a large amount of passive smoking somewhat.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Did you mix said LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE with tobacco to facilitate burning?

Because if you did it'll screw up the quitting, as does a large amount of passive smoking somewhat.
All you need in life is the LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE, anyways.

And tobe is good.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man tbh that LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE smells like stale body odour and turns you into a ****ing vegetable.

I'd rather do PERFECTLY LEGAL INSUFFLATED POWDERS.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Man tbh that LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE smells like stale body odour and turns you into a ****ing vegetable.

I'd rather do PERFECTLY LEGAL INSUFFLATED POWDERS.
LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE doesn't turn you into a vegetable, just people who have nothing else to do with their lives other than smoke LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE (aka "losers") are vegetables. Some people only take part in LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE in social situations, which is perfectly acceptable.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I never said I have a problem with people having a LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE with their friends every now and then, but it's a downer and it does sort of slow your thoughts and functions down a lot imo, and that's just something I don't really like personally. The only exception is alcohol because on the flipside I feel like a child and can tolerate people again!

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I never said I have a problem with people having a LEGAL HERBAL SMOKE with their friends every now and then, but it's a downer and it does sort of slow your thoughts and functions down a lot imo, and that's just something I don't really like personally. The only exception is alcohol because on the flipside I feel like a child and can tolerate people again!
I write exams while baked. But it's subjective, so generalizations don't help.

rhan

Smash Hero
That's good that you're quitting but from what I heard it only gets harder the longer you go without.

Side question: What is the difference between the contents of a Black n Mild and a Cigarette? Because I haven't smoked any kinds of cigs but I've smoked blacks way before 18 and I don't exactly find it difficult to stop. The last time I smoked one was about 5 months ago. And I usually only do so during social events.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man is it not pretty obvious when I use the words legal herbal smoke in gigantic obnoxious all caps that I'm trying to avoid overt drug references?

Man I throw you a bone and you derpfaces still use blatant references.

saviorslegacy

Side question: What is the difference between the contents of a Black n Mild and a Cigarette? Because I haven't smoked any kinds of cigs but I've smoked blacks way before 18 and I don't exactly find it difficult to stop. The last time I smoked one was about 5 months ago. And I usually only do so during social events.
A cigarette is nasty tbh. It starts with tobacco that is bred to have a higher amount of nicotine. Then they take old tobacco, put it in water and mix it up to get tobacco juice. They then add chemicals and drug enhancers to the juice. That is then concentrated and put onto paper called tobacco paper. This is shredded up and put into a little tiny roll with a filter.
There you go, super nic and the ability to take it into your lungs since it burns cooler. AKA, a drug with the sole purpose of getting you high.

A Black and Mild is actually pipe tobacco. They basically make a small cigar out of pipe tobacco and add a variety of tips. Pipe tobacco is made usually by a mixture of burly (a very sweet tobacco) and virginia (burns hotter to keep it lit). They process it usually after letting the tobacco age in a cedar chest. This allows it to sweeten and gives it a more pleasant taste. After a couple of months the tobacco is chopped up and food flavoring are added. No chemicals, no tobacco paper, quality tobacco and a lower dose of nic on top of not taking it into your lungs (if you are smart, lol)....... that is what makes the two different.

-references
Me, because I mix my own pipe tobacco.
Oh, and I would have to say that pipe tobacco and cigars are hardly addictive. I have had periods where I smoked a lot and then I would go like 3 weeks without touching my pipe or a cigar.

If any of you are interested in what true premium tobacco taste ignore black and milds.
I would recommend Maple Street. Basically imagine maple syrup mixed with spiced rum. You can also mix irish cream into it and add a drop of vanilla to make it creamier. You can either buy a pipe or just roll it like a cig (but a pipe is better). http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/sutliff/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=54638

And another one that is really good is called Acid One. It is a cigar from Nicaragua.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/acidone.html
It is a red wine cigar.... but really does not taste like it. Imagine brown sugar meets spices meets cream. It is very good and since the tobacco has been aged for 2 years or longer it actually makes you feel somewhat drunk. Tobacco gets that sort of property after it has been aged. Also, if you don't feel like spending $8 or so on one... just remember that one= 1 hour or more of smoking.

^had to put in my two sense

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A cigarette is nasty tbh. It starts with tobacco that is bred to have a higher amount of nicotine. Then they take old tobacco, put it in water and mix it up to get tobacco juice. They then add chemicals and drug enhancers to the juice. That is then concentrated and put onto paper called tobacco paper. This is shredded up and put into a little tiny roll with a filter.
There you go, super nic and the ability to take it into your lungs since it burns cooler. AKA, a drug with the sole purpose of getting you high.
There's a reason I switched to coarse, hand rolling tobacco. :p

Also pipe and cigar tobacco have much lower nicotine ratios compared to their tar content it's true. Cigars are also really alkaline and if you inhale them you're pretty stupid.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hahahahaha tobacco noobs.

saviorslegacy

You aren't supposed to inhale cigars?
XD!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cigars

more truth than lies or more lies than truth? apparently, cigars are worse than cigarettes.
Well yeah, what gets better gas mileage, a car or a bus? Obviously since it is bigger you are going to get more tar and more toxins. One cigar= one pack of cigs worth of smoke
Here's the deal though, you aren't taking it into your lungs which= healthier alveoli, less nic and no risk of lung cancer.
The bad news is..... you still have to worry about mouth and throat cancer... just like if you were smoking cigs. Also, since addiction really isn't an issue with cigars you will smoke less. That and if money is an issue you will smoke less. <,<

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Good luck on quitting Sentinel. I'm interested to see what your withdrawal experiences are like. People have different symptoms or at least to different degrees. I'm glad you are making a nice healthy choice.

XD!!!!!!!!!!!
More truth
I can't agree more savior. There's a reason cigars don't have filters - you don't inhale. Are there cigars with filters? I don't smoke at all so I wouldn't know haha. Nicotine in the cigs is what really makes them terrible. Sure the tar and **** it bad, but without the nicotine you wouldn't get addicted. Hookah has no filters and it's purely tobacco with flavor, but it's not addicting. One last thing... a smoking pipe? Classy! I always imagine people in silk robes by a fireplace at night with some expensive wine, puffin out of a pipe haha.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Screw puffin, make poffins!

Ok that was bad.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lol I was going to write a similar blog. Oh well.

I've been off tobacco for like 3 weeks now. Not that hard but waiting for people stuff, social outings and even smashfests are a bit frustrating since half of my friends are smokers.

Pikaville

Automatic I'm the same.

Walking places was when I would smoke pretty much the most, or when I was bored at home.

I will be 2 weeks smoke free after today.

No real withdrawal symptoms except a bit of coughing.

Pikaville

3 weeks in less than 2 hours time.

I had a lots of ________ with tobacco in them last night(amongst other things haha)

But I didn't have cravings today at all.

I hope I didn't **** myself over.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I quit smoking 4 months ago, and it's probably the best decision I've ever made.

I really hope you can keep it up man, it's so so worth it.

Just beware of the sickness. Probably the most sick I've ever been was when I quit smoking.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i've never quit smoking, i just quit buying smokes. i only smoke when offered a cig (i never ask or one), and only a non menthol.
even when i did buy my own i only smoke 3 a day at most so a pack would last me 1-2 weeks. Even though i was never a heavy smoker i still get cravings, mostly when i see ppl smoking on tv, or when im drinking.

good luck in your quest to quit.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I quit smoking 4 months ago, and it's probably the best decision I've ever made./QUOTE]

I CALL LIES! :mad:

*Goes to smoke*

I aint no quitter, ride till I die homie

frotaz37

Smash Lord
lol Teran, I'm mad jelly 'cause of your ability to easily get Cuban cigars. Cigarettes were somewhat easy for me to stop, but cigars....soooooooo hard. I love them more than living, and that's exactly why I had to quit :(

Top Bottom