• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your "gonna do this while I wait for him to respawn" action?

King K.Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowGamer101
3DS FC
1075-0754-8063
Spam Palutena's pole dance, Shulk's "Im really feeling it!" or Dark Pits "Who wants some?!" taunt XP

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
this is why i like kirby. you can hold down a, crouch repeatedly, turnaround dance, turnaround dance with the hammer out, spam dtilt... he has a lot of cute options that don't involve directly taunting.

but with everyone else i kind of just crouch in the corner...

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Dash-dance, or pull a turnip if playing as Peach.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
For most characters, taunt. Exceptions:
Mega Man: Fire off a fully charged shot
Samus/Robin/Mario/DK: Charge their B move/Down B
Sonic: Taunt, then run around at the speed of sound
Kirby: Use the power of my hat in place of taunting, since I don't want to lose my power up.
Bowser: Breathe fire for a few seconds because his taunts (imo) are mediocre.
Ganondorf/Captain Falcon: Spam their B move, although with Falcon I have to let off a "show me your moves" first.

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I usually run towards an edge and face the center of the stage and start planning my next strategy while my opponent is respawning.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
For most characters, taunt. Exceptions:
Mega Man: Fire off a fully charged shot
Samus/Robin/Mario/DK: Charge their B move/Down B
Sonic: Taunt, then run around at the speed of sound
Kirby: Use the power of my hat in place of taunting, since I don't want to lose my power up.
Bowser: Breathe fire for a few seconds because his taunts (imo) are mediocre.
Ganondorf/Captain Falcon: Spam their B move, although with Falcon I have to let off a "show me your moves" first.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lightly tap the control stick/pad in one direction to perform several awkward tail wags as lucario.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Depends on which of my three characters I'm using. If I'm using Ness, I'll spam the "Okay" taunt. No regrets. If I'm Megaman, I'll throw down a Metal Blade and pick it up. For Game and Watch, I'll just stare at his adorable walking animation.

Last edited:

IzunaDroppuh

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfamouzShadow
3DS FC
2852-8054-4919
I either do the slowest walk forward animation or run off the stage and orbital back on

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Taunt. Sometimes before it's even a confirmed KO. I really should stop that. When I know it's a kill; I taunt again. Sometimes if they're taking a while, such as a Star KO, I'll try and get all three taunts in.

Only exception is if they SD. Then I'll just have my character stare blankly in the direction they fell.

Then taunt again.

SmashConQueso

Smash Rookie
As a Kirby main in Brawl and Smash 4, I'll dash dance, buffer turn-around jabs, do the edge running glitch or short hop and fast fall auto-canceled down airs (also known as hup canceling from the sound Kirby makes).

16BitGeek

Smash Rookie
NNID
16BitGeek
When it comes to Smash 4, I'm usually either playing R.O.B. or Wario. So if it's R.O.B., I usually charge up a gyro and have it ready. As for Wario, I tend to either dash dance or just run across the stage just to see his odd dashing animation. I don't taunt my opponent unless they taunted me earlier. It's just a thing I do and I'm not sure why.

C3CC

Smash Lord
With Rosalina, Palutena and Charizard, I just run from one side of the stage to the other because their running animations (they float) are so graceful. It also depends on the battle mood and how the opponent's death was. If it was a difficult kill for me, I go for Rosalina's side taunt (gotta love sassy Rosie) or Palutena's pole dancing (because LOL). With Charizard, I also use the Up taunt sometimes because it's kind of intimidating.

With Yoshi, I just Down taunt all the time until the opponent comes back to drive them nuts. "Yoshi Yoshi! Yoshi Yoshi! Yoshi Yoshi! YOSHI YOSHI, MOTHERF-!!!!"

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
As Peach, or any charging characters, I pluck a turnip/ charge whatever I can.
With anyone else, I usually just nair back to the center of the stage, or crouch for a bit, sort of like I'm watching them fall off the stage.

slyque

Smash Rookie
Nothing. But if they kill me first and taunt, I taunt. I love it when people kill you first and doing all this fancy stuff and getting all cocky, then you end up owning them. Priceless!

That is unless I'm Palutena, then I pivot grab because hers looks weird lol

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I just run to the edge of the stage, turn round and wait. Like a gentleman.

I don't get people that feel the need to short hop and fast fall all over the place. Really unneeded.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Usually I just give a standard "Show me ya moves!" and try to position myself well for their respawn.

In PM or Melee, I dashdance. I really like that, actually. Bothers me that I can't in Smash 4 (for more reasons than just respawn habits, but still).

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
When opponent is KO'ed, run to an edge of the stage. Once opponent leaves the revival platform, initiate stalling tactics to wait out their invincibility. When playing as Robin/Samus/Lucario, charge projectile (if needed/wanted) while the platform approaches the stage.

Top Bottom