• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite the best 2-player/no items stage?

C-Stick

Smash Rookie
If I'm playing a crazy 4-player/items on high I like Hyrule from Melee, but for a 2-player skill either Final Destination or Skyworld.

ElbridgeGerry

Smash Rookie
Delfino Plaza. Music is great and the different parts of the stage require you to change your strategy.

Skoox

Smash Cadet
My favorite 1v1 is Smashville, and my favorite FFA is probably Halberd or Pictochat.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
I think i'm gonna have to say battlefield. Smashville is good too. It should be final destination. It seems like such a simple stage to make, but they still screwed it up with the edges.

xanthosis

Smash Cadet
Either Final Destination or Corneria. For some reason, I always have really good battles on Corneria.

Thysian

Smash Rookie
Hmm..tricky. Well, I'd have to say that my favorite is Delfino Plaza. The music is pretty good, and it's really fun to look at all the different parts of the stage.

S2

Smash Lord
Yoshi's Island is my favorite. Although I always counter-pick battlefield because its advantageous to my character picks.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
My fav for 1v1 is battle field and smash ville for FFA halberd and delfino are fun

J1nx

Smash Rookie
It was final destination, but after the millionth time getting getting stuck under the edge w/ Falco, i changed to smashville.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Favorite 1v1 would be battlefield bcuz it to me is the fairest stage, supports oth ground and aerial fighters. Favorite FFA would be Spear Pillar, i love the music and gimmicks.

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
@ Above: Smashville, although I have no idea why the hell all of the sudden forum users are saying Haloville and Chocobo instead of (presumably Yoshi??)

I swear i'm in the wrong region, but I don't think that's even possible.

AA-Abderian

Smash Cadet
Final Destination never got old to me even after using it one billion times on melee. Now it has a sexy background too.... so it still has another one billion more times it can be played.

SwordsmanChris

Smash Rookie
Final Destination and Battlefield are, of course, staples of Brawl combat. They don't get old easily, so I enjoy playing on them a lot. Of course, the FD's edges are annoying, but its default music and dark atmosphere set a good mood for battle, so I find myself fighting there anyways.

I also like Castle Siege, because I like how the background and terrain is constantly changing, but never outwardly threatening. I'm also a die-hard FE fan, so I find it immensely appealing that Brawl finally has a Fire Emblem stage. Not to mention, it's easy to avoid the few hazards with only two combatants.

Yoshi's Island (Brawl) is good too. Most of the time I like it, but if I play on it too much, I start to get sick of the cutesy theme. My brother loves Smashville, and I am so tired of that course that I never play it unless it's in night mode, where it is at least bearable to look at.

OiitsND

Smash Rookie
For a favorite 1v1 stage with no items id have to say that the best stages are Animal crossing and Yoshi's island. Theyre both relatively small and dont allow a lot of room to run so its real strategic

Spy_Hunter

Smash Cadet
Shadow Moses. Not just cause it's a Snake stage , or has kick*** music , but the the iron walls and the spotlight kinda give it a caged death match feel. That and it's just really fun to to combo somebody against the walls till they break.

Mackaveli

Smash Rookie
i like npc, because the battles last longer, u rly have to out think ur opponent to get them off the stage, and it gives u this feeling of fighting in an actually city.........knickin ppl into buildings and whatnot lol

even though it has this f**ked up monster that does 1-hit kills, i still like it :)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Smashville, it's more exciting than Final Destination, but not so exciting that you get too distracted and don't get the opportunity to actually fight.

FFA, I definitely like Hyrule Temple the best. As long as there's no Pikachu there. (Pikachu + Down B spam + Hyrule Temple = extremely annoying)

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Smashville, it's more exciting than Final Destination, but not so exciting that you get too distracted and don't get the opportunity to actually fight.

FFA, I definitely like Hyrule Temple the best. As long as there's no Pikachu there. (Pikachu + Down B spam + Hyrule Temple = extremely annoying)
Correction. Pikachu Down B spam anywhere=Annoying. I hate pikachu. Anyways. I really like Pirateship and Delfino Plaza. Those are two of my favorite stages.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Correction. Pikachu Down B spam anywhere=Annoying. I hate pikachu. Anyways. I really like Pirateship and Delfino Plaza. Those are two of my favorite stages.
That's why I said extremely ;)

D13

Smash Ace
Battlefield wasn't one of my favorites in SSBM, but I really like it in this game. It looks a lot nicer and I like some of the music for it. I also like Final Destination, but the lip on the sides can be a little annoying at times.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination, but projectile spamming kinda ruins it, so I made a custom stage. It's final destination with a block in the middle.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Battlefield wasn't one of my favorites in SSBM, but I really like it in this game. It looks a lot nicer and I like some of the music for it. I also like Final Destination, but the lip on the sides can be a little annoying at times.
This is my feeling exactly.

I didn't like Melee Battlefield at all, and I dislike the weird edges on Brawl Final Destination.
But I love both in Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Delfino or Halberd. Not only are they great stages for 1v1, theyre my favorite stages overall.

star_wolf86

Smash Rookie
Lylat Cruise is easily my favorite stage this time around for a few reasons:
1)Simple and pure. Good for 1v1 fights.
2)Best music IMO(especially Star Wolf, Corneria, and Area 6).
3)The edge of the stage isn't nearly as frustrating as the one on Final Destination.
4)Beautiful background.
5)When I'm playing as Wolf, I can convince my opponent to give me a second to use my Smash Taunt, before we actually start fighting.
6)The occasional tilting of the stage allows for a bit of variety, without getting in the way of the actual fight.

Top Bottom