• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Samus skin?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
In this order for me:

Gravity Suit, Varia Suit, Fusion Suit, Dark Suit.

The other two can go away.

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
It's a tossup between Fusion and Varia (standard)... I have a weird superstition that I'm better in the Varia. Storyline-wise, the Fusion suit was weaker than her older suits so that might make sense logically but realistically I know there's no difference.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I'm almost always switching around between Varia, Fusion and Gravity. Sometimes I'll use the Basic suit or the Dark suit, the pink one can GTFO.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I switch between Varia, Dark, Gravity, and classic Varia. Fusion is meh, green looks like vomit. Ironically, vomit is my color of choice when I use Zero Suit Samus.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Phazon can be considered the dark one...since it kinda is.

My order
Dark, Green, Fusion, Gravity, Varia, pink.
BTW, i don't know the name of it, but green is at the very beginning of super metroid when she has no power ups, im not sure if it has a name though...just giving out some maybe-useful info.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Phazon can be considered the dark one...since it kinda is.
No, it's not. Do a side-by-side comparison with the Dark, Phazon, and Brawl suits. Shape aside, it looks almost exactly like the Dark Suit. Actually, there was a thread that had a picture comparison of the suits on this board. I'm sure it's still around.

My order
Dark, Green, Fusion, Gravity, Varia, pink.
BTW, i don't know the name of it, but green is at the very beginning of super metroid when she has no power ups, im not sure if it has a name though...just giving out some maybe-useful info.
That's the Power Suit, but that's not the green suit in Brawl. The Power Suit is a pale yellow/orange. The green suit isn't derived from any Metroid game.

Drazon

Smash Cadet
Dark suit mostly, Fusion when I'm fooling around and Varia to let everyone know who's boss.
Gravity looks nice.

And pink for Zamus morphs. Saw it in the classic mode ending screen and I HAD to copy.

minotaur

Smash Rookie
Usually dark suit(I call it the pimp suit...technically the pimpette suit cause samus is a chick), then the fusion suit cause I liked that game

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
That's the Power Suit, but that's not the green suit in Brawl. The Power Suit is a pale yellow/orange. The green suit isn't derived from any Metroid game.
This says differently.

It's definitely the basic suit, it just has some ******** green-ish tint to it for some reason. We can just chalk it up to another aspect of Brawl.Samus that was royally ****ed up.

Speaking of the basic suit. I'm far from any sort of superstitious person and I don't really care for that sort of stuff except for study/sociological purposes. But I've noticed a weird trend and there's a good amount of evidence to support that I play/perform better while using the basic suit skin. Don't know why.

Sigh, I still wish they would have had time to put the Light and PED suits in. That would been too kickass.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Fusion suit and very rarely the Dark suit. I only use the Varia suit when I take specific snapshots.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
How...? That picture depicts a pale orange/yellow suit, which is what I said. That is not green at all. Unless you consider the green visor proof that the Brawl suit is the Power Suit (which is absolutely ridiculous), that looks absolutely nothing like the Power Suit. Edit: Hey, the visor is blue in that picture anyway. As far as I could tell, though, it was green in SM.

It's definitely the basic suit, it just has some ******** green-ish tint to it for some reason. We can just chalk it up to another aspect of Brawl.Samus that was royally ****ed up.
So... if not color, what are you basing the resemblance on? You can't just say, "oh they are the same color except not really because the Power Suit is pale orange/yellow and the Brawl suit is vomit green," and base your argument on that. It doesn't work.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
How...? That picture depicts a pale orange/yellow suit, which is what I said. That is not green at all. Unless you consider the green visor proof that the Brawl suit is the Power Suit (which is absolutely ridiculous), that looks absolutely nothing like the Power Suit. Edit: Hey, the visor is blue in that picture anyway. As far as I could tell, though, it was green in SM.

So... if not color, what are you basing the resemblance on? You can't just say, "oh they are the same color except not really because the Power Suit is pale orange/yellow and the Brawl suit is vomit green," and base your argument on that. It doesn't work.

Honestly after looking at that picture some more, perhaps it was a very bad choice to use in order to support my argument. After rethinking my argument also, I'm not really sure of it being correct though.

My main basis of color argument was based on the red around the chest and on the helmet, but other suits also have that. As for the visor, you're correct that it was green in SM. On the varia and gravity suits. As for the basic suit, well I've loaded up a new game and it's hard to tell of it's exact color. It does look green but it could be blue. However the color of her ship windows are most definitely green, which supports your argument of it being green.

I'm just trying to understand the logic behind that they put in an entirely new "green" suit in Brawl that we've never seen before instead of that "basic suit" that bears some resemblance to the basic suit in Metroid games.

Given the current track record of how many screwed up things are in Brawl though, especially relating to Samus, your theory is probably the correct one.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
Samus has had a green color scheme in every Smash game. Team color is the likely explanation for its inclusion.
Must admit I completely forgot about that, although the previous suits were pretty much completely green, whereas this one is sort of lime green. Still doesn't explain the lack of basic suit though. A staple of the early Metroid games.

Oh well.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
Samus (and Wario) are actually the only characters where I don't prefer their default costumes. I prefer the Gravity suit for Samus ever since it was established as her most powerful suit in Super Metroid.

As a side note, I've always thought the Dark Suit was her ugliest suit in the entire series.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
gravity, then varia, then phazon.
NOTE: its actually not the dark suit, as you can see in her trophy. the one you play as is the phazon suit from metroid prime.
on the other hand, samus doesn't even appear like she does in the prime sereis, but rather how she does in Metroid: Zero Mission
but you probably knew that

Eten

Smash Ace
I love the purple/gravity suit variant.

However, I kinda wish Samus got more than one costume, not just color variants. Traditional power suit(non-varia shoulders, boots, etc.), Varia(which includes a more accurate Gravity suit recoloring), Fusion suit(not just fusion suit "colors"), possibly an Echoes Dark Suit, and finally post-fusion Varia suit, which you can see only at the very end of metroid Fusion to top it all off. I also wish that the model itself was more accurately reproduced from the metroid games- For some reason they insist on doing a really poor job in recreating the look of the Super Metroid or Prime Suits, especially in regards to chest and pelvic area design.

Then again, I kinda get annoyed on Samus's iteration in Smash altogether- use of the gun arm, missiles, etc. all for weaponry and attacks seems to be put together weakly, while other characters get much better design(ie. Sonic really feels, sounds, and looks like Sonic, or the attitude and style of Wario with attributes like crazy aerial mobility).

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Strictly Gravity Suit.
I also use the purple scheme on the rare occasion I play with Zero Suit Samus. I hardly ever use her, but I do know how.

Top Bottom