• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats your dream character playstyle?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Is that out anywhere that we can use or is that just a personal thing your not releasing?
It was a personal thing that I made, but it actually didn't take very. All I did was open up fox and falco's move sets in psa and just started switching ****. Then I replaced their models with the slippy one on brawlvaults.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
:charizard:+:jigglypuff:

ridley pls based pmbr

Seriously, I love being in the air. A character with aerial control like Jiggs, but with Charizard's stage presence and heavy-hitting moves would be my ****ing jam.

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
It was a personal thing that I made, but it actually didn't take very. All I did was open up fox and falco's move sets in psa and just started switching ****. Then I replaced their models with the slippy one on brawlvaults.
Oh, okay. Thanks! I'll have to try that out.
:charizard:+:jigglypuff:

ridley pls based pmbr

Seriously, I love being in the air. A character with aerial control like Jiggs, but with Charizard's stage presence and heavy-hitting moves would be my ****ing jam.
That would be really interesting to see. A hard hitting character in the air but an awful character on land? That would be hard to balance though it seems.

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
alright alright here we go:
Falco dair
Falcon fair knee
Ganondorf's bair, uair, and waveland easiness

MK's ftilt jab combo as an actual jab combo
Roy's Ftilt
Marth Dtilt
Ike Utilt
Sheik's dash attack

Fox Usmash
Falco Fsmash
Wolf Dsmash

Mewtwo upB
Wolf's lasers with Falco's transcendent priority and Pit's ability to control them
Link's Boomerang
Fox shine and allaround movespeed

Charizard's Dthrow
Peach's Fthrow
Lucas' Uthrow

Am I OP enough yet?

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Can I have this? Or even better, can I get specific instructions on how to do that myself so I can create other custom things like that?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That would be really interesting to see. A hard hitting character in the air but an awful character on land? That would be hard to balance though it seems.
Yup, even with a god-awful ground game, he'd probably be pretty powerful if his opponent couldn't keep him grounded. Although most people agree that Ridley would be very light for his size due to his gangly form.

And we all know how big, light characters do on tier-lists. :p

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
My ideal playstyle already exists in peach. If i could add one thing i would have peach have her brawl double jump back and have zss speed (Lmao yea i know it would be OP)

Last edited:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
:foxmelee:+:roypm:+:falconmelee:. I <3 short-blades, movement, and freeform combo/grab games.

Last edited:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
:falcon:+:sheik:+:mewtwopm:

:falcon:
  • Dash
  • Ground speed
  • Aerial speed
  • Knee (of course)
  • Dair
  • Fall speed/gravity
  • SideB
  • Short hop
  • Jab (second+third)

:sheik:
  • Ftilt
  • Grab
  • Dthrow
  • Bthrow
  • Dsmash
  • NeutralB
  • Full hop
  • Jab (first)
  • Crouch + crawl
  • Dash attack

:mewtwopm:
  • Crouch-cancel
  • Double Jump
  • DownB
  • UpB
  • Bair
  • Uair
  • Uthrow
  • Fthrow
  • Nair

Did I forget anything?

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
either no projectiles or a slow zoning projectile (similar to Lucario's new B)
medium to large size
strong grab game
1 or 2 B-moves that are good for maneuverability and/or mindgames (counter, Lucario's new vB, MK's vB, Ike >B, etc.)
Mostly fast or agile maneuverability, mostly medium-to-slow attacks
able to be aggressive with approaches

basically seems to be Ike

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I will post mine in a list form from most wanted to wanted but not necessary.
  1. Must have a metior mash/spike of some kind that can be used safely offstage. Must also be fairly fast (sorry Mewtwo) and powerful enough to matter (sorry Fox)
  2. Should be heavy.
  3. Must not be a fast faller.
  4. Should have extremely high power.
  5. Should not rely mostly on combos.
  6. Should have some good spacing tools (that aren't projectiles).
  7. Should have a fast way to get to the ledge quickly without wavedashing.
  8. Good throw power
  9. A slow-ish projectile used mainly for spacing/stage control or just some great moves for stage control in general
  10. Must not have a bad recovery.
[collapse=characters that fit the bill]
  1. +:falcon::charizard::diddy::dk2::falco::ganondorf::ike::ivysaur::lucas::marth::ness2::olimar::rob::snake::sonic::squirtle::wolf::yoshi2::zelda::roypm:
  2. +:bowser2::charizard::dedede::dk2::ganondorf::ike::rob::samus2::snake::warioc::yoshi2:
  3. -:falcon::falco::fox::wolf:
  4. +:bowser2::falcon::charizard::dedede::dk2::ganondorf::ike::metaknight::pikachu2::zelda:
  5. -:lucario::lucas::marth::pikachu2::pit::sheik::sonic::roypm:
  6. +:charizard::dedede::ike::ivysaur::link2::marth::pit::rob::zelda::zerosuitsamus::mewtwopm::roypm:
  7. +:bowser2::falcon::charizard::ganondorf::lucario::pit::mewtwopm:
  8. +:charizard::dedede::ness2::squirtle::warioc::mewtwopm:
  9. +:diddy::ivysaur::link2::lucario::luigi2::mario2::gw::pikachu2::rob::samus2::snake::toonlink::zelda::zerosuitsamus:
  10. -:bowser2::falcon::dk2::falco::ganondorf::sheik::toonlink::yoshi2::zelda::roypm:
[collapse=results]
1-3 I gave/took away 3 points
4-6 I gave/took away 2 points
7-10 I gave/took away 1 point
:charizard: = 12
:ike: = 10
:rob: = 9
:ganondorf: = 8
:snake: = 7
:dk2: = 7
:ivysaur: = 6
:dedede: = 6
:bowser2: = 5
:zelda: = 5
:yoshi2: = 5
:squirtle: = 4
:ness2: = 4
:mewtwopm: = 4
:warioc: = 4
:samus2: = 4
:diddy: = 4
:olimar: = 3
:link2: = 3
:marth: = 3
:zerosuitsamus: = 3
:metaknight: = 2
:roypm: = 2
:falcon: = 2
:mario2: = 1
:pit: = 1
:gw: = 1
:sonic: = 1
:lucas: = 1
:pikachu2: = 1
:luigi2: = 1
:kirby2: = 0
:lucario: = 0
:jigglypuff: = 0
:popo: = 0
:toonlink: = 0
:wolf: = 0
:peach: = 0
:falco: = -1
:sheik: = -3
:fox: = -3
Note: this is not a very accurate representation of the playstyles I like. I just did this part for fun.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
A slow campy projectile character who is air-based and slow options at close range. Basically, somewhere betweeen Smash 4 Megaman, and Jigglypuff. Also, Bryonato doesn't actually exist

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Can you even do double aerials out of a SH anymore or do you mean out of a FH for the cannonballs. I got everything else though
No, you would have to full hop out of the shell-sling SH nair, but it covers a lot of options when you do. Honestly though the basic shellsling-SH-nair cannonball is the only one I usually use, I was just being flashy ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDkfjFr1F0#t=218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=100

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Dr. Mario with Luigi's jumping, the brawl Luigi Cyclone, Mario's weight, speed, wall jumps, and up and side specials.

How would this do competitively?

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Zangief.

Wait, you don't mean a character from another franchise? What do you mean it'd be difficult to realize the grappler archetype without strange tweaks in Smash Bros?

Err... Ganondorf with a new Neutral-B?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My ideal playstyle? It already exists, Mario, I just adore how he plays in PM, and i've been hearing things about Smash4 Mario being similar or even better than PM Mario, so I'm extremely excited, dem' combos with Haymaker finishers are so satisfying to land, and he controls like butter :3

I also like the Links a lot because of how much strategies you can make up with projectile harrassment, although I can't decide if I prefer Link's stronger, heavier, tighter style or Toon Link's lighter, more combo-oriented quick style. I just love things like throwing a boomerang, hitting with F-Smash and hitting with the boomerang as it comes back :D

Last edited:

Crulex Crystallite

Smash Cadet
Theytah's Sworden-dorf! I honestly would like to see that Warlock punch length make it into the real game, and possibly his sword taunt changing up his moveset like that, it's a work in progress though.

Also, I love Bowser's playstyle already, he just needs some tuning in the -getting grab-combo'd- department.

Top Bottom