• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's wrong with you people?

Winnar

Smash Lord
What's wrong with you people? There are a handful of people with their hands on Brawl, and most of them are doing everything they can to provide YOU with the information you think you deserve.

Which reminds me, why do you think you deserve the information you're getting? You, who does nothing but attack the hand that feeds you? These people come here expecting to be thanked for going so far out of their way to share what they can with you, and what do you do? You tear them apart for their kindness to you. What's wrong with you people?

Feh, this probably sounds very bitter, but I'm not bitter. I'm just very desperate.

Please, just stop for a second and look at yourself. Look at what you're saying. Think about the implications of what you say and do. Where's the love?

*presses Submit New Thread, knowing full well he'll be flamed to Hell and back*

Edit - I've decided to find some examples of what I'm talking about (to prove hopefully that I'm not insane). Oh, keep in mind that for whatever reason my relic of a computer decided to destroy the copy and paste function. I can't seem to get it back. Anyway, the point is that these quotes might not be letter for letter quotes, but they're pretty close.

Here's a good one from the Fox boards:
lmfao funny..who the **** would call it that anyway oh yea that moron who saw it first or something. [...] Its like that fool who named that tech DLX something. >_<
Typing these out is taking forever, here's one more before I die of exhaustion :(

I had a feeling this thread started because ______ wasn't getting the same amount of attention as he did in Melee. Poor guy. Must be hard.
And one more time, I realize that most of you are sane and normal and appreciative, I was trying to address the ones who baffle me at every turn. I'm sorry to those who didn't realize this; I thought it would be apparent.

Oh, one more thing. I just realized, but I meant the first part of the thread to be separate from the rest of stuff I said. I'm disgusted by the random bitterness and hatred I see, but hating on people who were trying to help was just the high point that caused me to create this thread.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Feh, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get quotes and stuff. Surely I'm not the only one who sees all the hate on these forums, though?

Hm...now that I think about it, the people who would actually take the time to read my post and respond are probably not the people I intended it for. Go figure. Futility sucks. :(

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
All posts with videos are very gratefully by accepted. They are the only thing that keep us people without Brawl satisfied until March 9th.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
It's impossible to describe all the flak you'll get. "to Hell and back" is so underestimating it's like calling Link an Elf.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Feh, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get quotes and stuff. Surely I'm not the only one who sees all the hate on these forums, though?

Hm...now that I think about it, the people who would actually take the time to read my post and respond are probably not the people I intended it for. Go figure. Futility sucks. :(
You may be thinking of people hating on Sakurai. There's an abundance of those people here.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, I see his point a little. I've gotten two random messages on AIM from people thinking I had Brawl. One kindly asked if I had it, then when I told him no, he appologised for bugging me. The second one though... Different story. He hatefully demanded new gameplay videos, called me a lazy @$$hole, and when I told him I never owned Brawl, he simply blocked me.

But, I have to say I haven't seen much of THAT kind of behavior around here, especially not that bad. And if you're reading this and you were the person that IMed me... fvck you.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
You see, Winnar, some of the people are presenting the brawl information in the wrong manner.
And someo of those who are presenting the information forget that Fact > Oppinion, and foolishly include their oppinion in the summary of info.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:EDIT:

Whoops, somehow I posted the same thing twice? My bad.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I mean all this hate on the boards in general. It's like people are just looking for an excuse to hate something. And that makes me sad D:

BTW I'm working on those examples, but it's hard without the copy and paste function (wtf 10 year old computer, it can't copy and paste anymore? D: I'll have to reformat tomorrow)

Winnar

Smash Lord
I mean all this hate on the boards in general. It's like people are just looking for an excuse to hate something. And that makes me sad D:

BTW I'm working on those examples, but it's hard without the copy and paste function (wtf 10 year old computer, it can't copy and paste anymore? D: I'll have to reformat tomorrow)

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.

That I agree with. I mean, if anybody looks in that topic where this guy posted a picture of PT and asked for some critique, he got flamed immediately. No provocation, either,

Really, Smashboards?

Really?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Edited the first post. Sleeping time.

In case you miss it though (wtf I said sleeping time but I'm still typing), the point of the thread isn't just about people flaming the contributors, it's about the flaming in general.

Sleeping for real this time though D:

Edit - **** I'm so bad at going to bed.

I don't think it's even warranted to flame someone who throws their opinion in with facts. Just sift through the opinions to find the facts, that's how life works. Like I said though, don't bite the hand that feeds you. That hand may give you three rocks, but if it also gives you a meal... :( Tired analogies FTL...

Srsly, I won't reference my inability to keep my eyes open anymore.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I guess you do have a point. I remember a thread where someone made a technique and named it after themself. The only comments I saw were ones like "haha, nub, n1's gunna yoos dat mov if u name it aftr urself." In fact, my comment was like that too. I feel bad now. D:

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah, I have seen what you're talking about.
You see it most in the 'Kish impressions of characters', and 'Montage's character impressions'.

I have said in both threads I appreciate their time for giving us the list, it's always nice to see different views on things, this early in the game nobody is going to have the same impressions anyway.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I guess you do have a point. I remember a thread where someone figured out a new technique and named it after themself. The only comments I saw were ones like, "haha, nub, n1's gunna yoos dat mov if u name it aftr urself." In fact, my comment was like that too. I feel bad now. D:

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
That I agree with. I mean, if anybody looks in that topic where this guy posted a picture of PT and asked for some critique, he got flamed immediately. No provocation, either,

Really, Smashboards?

Really?
He posted it in the wrong part of the forum wthout even looking, and it was generally a bad picture though...

Winnar

Smash Lord
Don't tell me you can't tell the difference between those who complain for the sake of complaining and those who complain for the sake of making a better world.

Try again, please.

Tired melodrama ftw, btw.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I guess you do have a point. I remember a thread where someone figured out a new technique and named it after themself. The only comments I saw were ones like, "haha, nub, n1's gunna yoos dat mov if u name it aftr urself." In fact, my comment was like that too. I feel bad now. D:
There's a step between appreciating the information and not liking a name someone gives to a technique because it doesn't explain what it does, though.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Eh, I see his point a little. I've gotten two random messages on AIM from people thinking I had Brawl. One kindly asked if I had it, then when I told him no, he appologised for bugging me. The second one though... Different story. He hatefully demanded new gameplay videos, called me a lazy @$$hole, and when I told him I never owned Brawl, he simply blocked me.

But, I have to say I haven't seen much of THAT kind of behavior around here, especially not that bad. And if you're reading this and you were the person that IMed me... fvck you.
Umm, wow, wtf? There are actually people that bad out there? Too bad there isn't a "punch that ***got in the face through the computer monitor" button on the keyboard. What an unappreciative little *****, I hate people like that. Makes me think that his parents should've worn a condom.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The biggest problem is with a bunch of random people running out looking for "Advanced Techniques" just so they can name them and get some notoriety. The biggest problem with this is that most of those techniques are that they really aren't anything. They are random new additions to game play that shouldn't be named. Or in some cases they are completely useless things that wont be useful or advance game play in any was shape or form. If someone wants to come and post a vid of their new technique with proof that it can be useful by using it in an actual match with a competent opponent, then, MAYBE the technique will be accepted, but it should in no way be named after the one who discovered it. The Ken Combo was just something that sort of stuck, and Wobbling was just easier than saying Grab, jab, tilt infinite. The Gimpyfish Combo(or if your from the kirby boards, the Reaper Combo ;)) was just a joke that sort of stuck. However, no one wants to refer to things like a reverse aerial tether as "The Red Scythe Reversal"(I swear I saw something along those lines >_>) Just bring forth relevant information, prove it can be useful, and we'll go from there.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
It seems to me that you haven't backed your opinion up with anything other than your name.
Who backs up an opinion?

Look I haven't seen any of the hate you're talking about, but then again I don't really browse a lot of the sub-forums here. And even if you're right, so what? People act stupid and say stupid things. What are you gonna do about it?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Well what I see now and then is someone taking time and effort to post a vid on youtube and people just bashing them b/c they play nooby (well yeah they are b/c new game and learning, we will too).

Is that what your talking about Winnar?

Otherwise, I think people attack info that people already know about, but they shouldn't attack the guy for posting that old info.

Spellman

Smash Ace
While there is a bit of hate on these boards, I don't think it's directed at people who bring us media from Brawl in particular. People will flame other people for having opinions, or showing off old news, but for the most part, people are civil about seeing new Brawl content now and again. With that being said, there are always a few exceptions, and you're right that a few people react a little harshly about stuff, but people recognize this and point out these cases as they come, and sending out a message like this to a select few people is counter productive when you just want to tell off the individual flamers themselves.

Also, people come across as a little emotionless in forums because of the fact that it's all text. Smiley's even sometimes complicate the problem, like when someone says something really flippin' annoying and then they put a little smiley face at the end, fully acknowledging that they are trying to piss you off. Really now though, we've had bigger issues. Item vs. No Item arguments aren't present right now, prophets mean nothing now, and the initial disappointment about the roster and Brawl has passed (with exception to a few people who are still trying to stir things up again, most people don't fall for it.), I think we're in the clear for a little while.

I think everyone is trying to live in harmony now, don't get upset over a few negative people, it's opinions anyways and everybody's allowed to have 'em, people just express them differently.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's my problem?

I haven't taken my medication in MONTHS...

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I think the boards are getting more rude as of late, but lets be honest, 95% of the people on these boards are going out of their minds waiting for Brawl. People are rude everywhere all the time, you just need to ignore it. Heck, today I was flamed for trying to work out the probability and causes for tripping in the Ink Drop thread. Guess what, life went on lol. The point I am trying to make is that arguments are not caused by the initial post, but rather the people who rebel against it. I am sure everyone who matters on these boards is very grateful for the people that are providing them with information. As for the people who flame those who try to help and don't matter? They don't matter so just ignore them.

As for some of the people finding new techs for Brawl, can you really blame them? With the game being so close there are a lot of new people popping up on the boards. People hear things like "Ken Combo" and think that its accepted to name things after yourself. If it was in fact something that was accepted on these boards, and you could get your name into a little bit of smash history, wouldn't you try also?

As for people just presenting advanced techs, who cares if they are actually advanced techs...have them present it however they want. If its not an advanced tech, its not going to stick. Just take the information kindly, maybe make a comment about how you don't see this as an advanced tech (assuming no one already has) and enjoy your day.

All I am saying is that life will go on past the boards. If you are trying to help and someone flames you, they are irrelevant to your life, so keep having a good day and ignore them. No one is going to look down on you for their stupid post, so there is no need to further clog the thread with arguing it. For those of you that read a thread and get mad, remember this. Just because they did something wrong, it doesn't mean there is reason to go off on them. If someone posts a thread in the wrong area, politely tell them so and go on with your day. There is no reason to be rude, people sometimes are wrong/make mistakes.

Edit: I am not trying to condone the actions of the examples I made, all I am saying is there is a polite way to deal with these things.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration

There is indeed too much hate.

You can be called a troll and be bashed for the smallest things in here.

Top Bottom