• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's With Everyone Joining and Leaving?

garkimbo

Smash Rookie
What is with everyone joining and then leaving in For Glory? I don't get it, is there a way view someone's stats in the character selection screen? I often have 4+ players join and leave before I get someone who stays and actually picks a character.

D

Deleted member 269706

I've had this happen a lot as well, for some reason it always seems to be with people who have Japanese characters in their name. Glad I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this, though I have no idea why it's happening.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I've had this happen a lot as well, for some reason it always seems to be with people who have Japanese characters in their name. Glad I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this, though I have no idea why it's happening.
It's to avoid lag issues.
Some Japanese players don't want to fight American players because of the distance between connections (and vice versa), so they'll often disconnect to fight someone closer.
Nothing against anyone in particular.
I've had a few good matches with Japanese players, but more often than not, the connection would be kinda wacky, so I'd go ahead and drop out after the first match.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
This is what happens when Nintendo doesn't implement a feature that allows you to connect to the nearest person with similar stats.

I don't want to connect to a freakin' Japanese player or some Australian player because of the distance.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
The most common reason is if they see foreign text in their opponent's name, especially Japanese, as they don't want to end up playing a potentially laggy match due to distance.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It's to avoid lag issues.
Some Japanese players don't want to fight American players because of the distance between connections (and vice versa), so they'll often disconnect to fight someone closer.
Nothing against anyone in particular.
I've had a few good matches with Japanese players, but more often than not, the connection would be kinda wacky, so I'd go ahead and drop out after the first match.
I've worried about lag when seeing Japanese players on For Glory but usually it is fine. Maybe I just have a good connection or something but most of my lag comes from American players, and I live in America. Strange...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think that Garkimbo is actually referring to those players that appears, the "Connected!" tag appears, but doesn't disappear, like it would normally do.

I think this have to do with players who quit their last session. Often, when I quit because the opponent is too bad, too laggy or simply too annoying, when I try to reconnect, I have an error message saying that my WiiU couldn't connect to the opponent console.

Raijinken

Smash Master
へええ?僕と試合したくない?
(Translation: Whaaaaat? You don't want to have a match with me?)

No but really. As much as I love playing against people across the world, the lag is almost always unplayable. Even playing other people in North America lags enough that I almost always just stick to playing local with friends.

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
I tend to leave if i see japanese characters and ive seen those players leave qhen they see me. Im sure its just to avoid lag and salt like it is for me

Top Bottom