• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 What's the rationale behind 64 and PM Top 8 being streamed at 10am and 12 on Saturday?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
PM: 395 entrants
64: 157 entrants

KOF: 7 entrants
Tekken: 10 entrants
Injustice: 24 entrants

I realize the FGC games have door registration...but come on, they're not going to get anywhere close to the entrants of the other two games. Not only that, but the stream times for 64 and PM overlap.

If Melee and Brawl can switch spots, I feel like there can be some leeway here as well.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
allow me to chime in real quick with: having to play in top8 in the morning can severely impede performance, considering the fact that most people will have been traveling for a day or two, have operated on little to no sleep on friday, and will probably be up playing smash in their hotel rooms friday night.

Shears

Smash Master
Did you really think that by including PM in the title, Apex staff would be gullible enough to not see this as a 64 thread? This will go unread.

rustypwns

Smash Rookie
why don't people just sleep when they're supposed to, wake up early with some good sleep and drink some coffee?

The Star King

Smash Hero
why don't people just sleep when they're supposed to, wake up early with some good sleep and drink some coffee?
That's the thing. If you do that you get NO warm up. 64 top 8 had no warmup with friendlies or whatever beforehand, and several people were playing worse.

No warmup or sleep deprivation - pick your poison with a schedule like this.

Top Bottom