• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the most unfortunate thing thats ever happened to you in Brawl?

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Nailing someone with an Up-B when they are at 100%, then I realized I was on Skyworld. Right afterward, I tripped and died -_-'

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Suicide when playing as Snake is one that happens a lot to me due to lag. I see somebody charging at me, I press A only there is no response until after I've been knocked slightly off the edge (low percentage) and watch Snake kick his legs franctically as he falls out of the screen.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Changed title, sry guys.
Wouldn't it make a little more since to say "what's the most unfortunate thing that's ever happened to you in Brawl"?

One time when I was playing a time match with items on, I happened to be at about 100% with a smash ball. I activate my final smash (PK starstorm since I was playing as lucas) and one of the shooting stars hit's a nearby smart bomb and sends me to my death. :/

Corigames

Smash Hero
Does the release of Brawl count?

Otherwise, losing my last stock in a at 50% to tripping and getting hit by Ike's Fsmash at the first round of my first Brawl tournament.

Tripping is gay.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
when i first met Melee's sister Brawl, i fell in love. she seemed like everything melee was but more - like allowing for a long hard single player mode. so eventually melee and i broke up and i went after brawl. when we finally got together a few months later, i immediately removed the covers and got ready to play her on my wii, only to find out SHE WAS NOW A GUY (pic:
8==D
). all though she seemed like melee's more attractive sister on the outside she clearly lacked the insides for our relationship to continue, so i quickly left her (not before finding out this was due to a failed sterilization operation done by someone named dr. sakurai who wanted to make her easier to play with for the inexperianced - too bad he could keep his
8==D
out of it, or it might have ended up better for us). anyway, im back together with melee. even though i usually get punished and ***** when we play, at least shes good everywhere.
lmfao niceeee

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I got stuck in a Luigi third jump match under FD.
It went on for a few seconds, and then the other guy DIed towards me and hit me with it perfectly.
I died and lost the match.

Dubz

Smash Cadet
This one is going to be obvious but uhh... Tripping into an Ike Fsmash and dying at 30%? Yea... gg.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
ike's super armor+ perfectly placed dair spike+ diddy's so-so recovery from close to the bottom= very angry lost last stock

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
The most recent one I can remember was when I was in an online team battle against Lucario and Ness on Corneria. I was in the fray and Lucario, who was at decent damage at the time, aura sphered me into Ness's PK Flash. It wasn't pretty.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
My unfortunate story takes place over several months, and goes something like this:

Sakurai announces Ike as a playable character: Woo! I like Ike, and really like seeing more Fire Emblem reps! I'll look forward to a 'light heavyweight' swordfighter with a short-ranged "Ragnell wave" projectile!

Brawl is released: Woo! I can play Ike now!

What the?!: I discover Sakurai has never played Fire Emblem 9 or 10, and has thus confused Ike with Sanger Zonvolt from Super Robot Taisen. Ike now takes 15 years to make a single attack, just like Sanger. This is in stark contrast to his 'light heavy' behavior in FE9-10.

I consider that pretty unfortunate.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My unfortunate story takes place over several months, and goes something like this:

Sakurai announces Ike as a playable character: Woo! I like Ike, and really like seeing more Fire Emblem reps! I'll look forward to a 'light heavyweight' swordfighter with a short-ranged "Ragnell wave" projectile!

Brawl is released: Woo! I can play Ike now!

What the?!: I discover Sakurai has never played Fire Emblem 9 or 10, and has thus confused Ike with Sanger Zonvolt from Super Robot Taisen. Ike now takes 15 years to make a single attack, just like Sanger. This is in stark contrast to his 'light heavy' behavior in FE9-10.

I consider that pretty unfortunate.
Maybe in FE9 that was true, but Radiant Dawn's Ike is a total beast.

...Which, is odd...since Brawl Ike is PoR Ike...hmm. I seem to have contradicted myself.

---

I do sympathize with your grief over the absence of a Ragnell-beam. Where the heck did Quick Draw come from?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
He's not all that different. Watching his attack animations in FE10 doesn't show him taking freaking centuries to attack or finish an attack. He's reasonably quick for his style.

Still, I'd put that disappointment as a tie with "Learning Lyn isn't playable" and "Learning Sakurai and his playtesters clearly didn't do sufficient QA on Snake".

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm actually sort of glad that Lyn isn't playable. There's only so much woMAN voice I can take from 15 year old girls...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm sure this made the guy against us cry: Sudden Death on FD Team BAttle, 2v1. I somehow DONT die when Olimar nails me as Captain Falcon. Samus nails him in the back with a Charged beam and as I'm coming back Ic atch him flying off with Up B and kill him. Awesome.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I got gimped by Pictochat's transformation that looks something like % (the slash being the impenetrable wall, and the two circles in the background that do nothing)

Getting gimped in general, really.. >_>

solidpit

Smash Cadet
Being in the finals of a Wifi tourney and almost coming back from a 3-stock defecit, having me and my opponent having 150 and having my Upsmash not coming out in time to stop his dair.

Top Bottom