• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

srn347

Smash Apprentice
I once knew someone who always referred to brawl as "wii", as if there aren't hundreds of other wii games.

jdubYOU

Smash Cadet
When I teach my friend some terminology and such about the game, then he tries to act knowledgable:

"Oh, that move must just have a ton of super armor."

"Ganondorf's punch is a shield break, right?"

NintenX

Smash Rookie
"Little Mac has muscles and everything, but he's not that strong." -My [cute] little sister (She doesn't know much about the game, but she loves to play it.) She also called sheilds "force fields" once time.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Me to somebody at school:So who's your least favorite character?

Person I was talking to:Um... I don't know.... King Dedede. No wait, I like him. Hmm..... Rob! No wait, I like him too. Oh wait, Snake!

#one-minute-to-notice-his-least-favorite-character

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
"They should add Shovel Knight. He has one move"
Wow. That guy sounds pretty ignorant. I mean, who would say a character only has 1 move?

I don't want to start an argument about Smash Ballot here, but Shovel Knight is a video game character that is on nintendo at the moment. He is viable for smash, and is leagues better than things like Goku or Ridley. It would take only a quick google search to see that SKs moveset is quite diverse with the amount of relics and Shovel upgrades to his disposal. Would they have to make up a few A and Tilt moves? Maybe, but the same with almost any character.

TL;DR: I don't see what is so funny about someones choices on Smash ballot unless it is ridiculous.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wow. That guy sounds pretty ignorant. I mean, who would say a character only has 1 move?

I don't want to start an argument about Smash Ballot here, but Shovel Knight is a video game character that is on nintendo at the moment. He is viable for smash, and is leagues better than things like Goku or Ridley. It would take only a quick google search to see that SKs moveset is quite diverse with the amount of relics and Shovel upgrades to his disposal. Would they have to make up a few A and Tilt moves? Maybe, but the same with almost any character.

TL;DR: I don't see what is so funny about someones choices on Smash ballot unless it is ridiculous.
But Shovel Knight is ridiculous. Plus, the guy said they SHOULD add him. He didn't add the N'T

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Yeah I think I'll take that back haha. Ridley is pretty cool.
I semi agree with you. Ridley would be cool, Goku... Just why. Seriously.

As for my funniest thing I've heard...

"Sonic's spring is broken."

He didn't mean it as a means of recovery, he meant it as a projectile. I'm not even kidding.

YourCityPigeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
FirewhaleSH
I semi agree with you. Ridley would be cool, Goku... Just why. Seriously.

As for my funniest thing I've heard...

"Sonic's spring is broken."

He didn't mean it as a means of recovery, he meant it as a projectile. I'm not even kidding.
I think if Goku was actually added to Smash 4 I would just rage all day lolol.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
"Sm4sh is a terrible game and does nothing to help the smash community flourish. You should only play Melee and PM if you want to play smash" -One of my friends who is terrible at every single game that isn't melee

Like for real, people like this is why I hated the smash community when I was younger.

Kielhaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
JADbones96
"neutral moves should do like double damage because its almost impossible to stay still in this game to do them."
"I started maining (insert entire cast) but they only have like two good moves"
One of my friends who changes their main every other week and claims that every character only has 2 or 3 useful moves.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
"neutral moves should do like double damage because its almost impossible to stay still in this game to do them."
"I started maining (insert entire cast) but they only have like two good moves"
One of my friends who changes their main every other week and claims that every character only has 2 or 3 useful moves.
There are no sucky characters. Just sucky players.

slambros

Smash Ace
Back in 2013, when Rosalina was the latest newcomer confirmed, I showed a friend all the confirmed characters at the time. When I scrolled down to Villager, he said, "of course Minecraft would be in Smash".

CaptainAsherz

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainAsherz
3DS FC
0962-9033-2364
"So smash is like a massive Nintendo orgy.."
Me "uh..."
"Sounds like something i could get into"

D

Deleted member

My niece and I were looking at pictures of Smash characters off of Google images and she saw a picture of the Brawl roster, pointed to Snake and asked who he was. I told her that it was Snake and she refers to him as "Snake Boy". It's cute and funny at the same time. xD

D

Deleted member

"Nah man Smash Bros is that wack Nintendo kiddy ****. You should've gotten Battlefield or Destiny"
- The most infuriating rich douche mollycoddled by his parents and thinks he's the coolest

I laughed at him and he asked if I still like playing on my "little wii wii" as a comeback
I swear I know a kid in my school just like this.

Anyways relevant to the thread, my school was SUPPOSED to hold a SSB Wii U torunament (still hasn't happened). Me and another kid were talking about it and he said to me "I'm gonna use the most overpowered character, Little Mac." Most cringiest thing I could think of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyril Epix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cyril_Epix
"I keep on losing and getting destroyed on FG all the time, i wonder why my Toon link plays don't work" *proceeds to roll and spam boomerang/arrows/F-smash*
Oh Josh....if you weren't my crush i would've totally smacked you right there :")

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Note that this guy wasn't talking to me

Guy at school:I'll 1V1 you! and I'll play as Ness and spam PK FIRE! PK FIRE!

Other guy:Yeah, I'll 1v1 you! and I'll play as Charizard!

What were they planning on doing, spamming their side-bs?

P.S. that other guy was saying his quote as if Charizard was the best character, so I guess that count as a funny quote, too.

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
"If I pick Charizard, will you counterpick by using Pikachu and Greninja?"

"What do you mean?"

"Electric and Water is super effective against Fire/Flying"

It was so adorable when my best friend said this, I just chuckled a bit then hugged her. I love people like this

Qjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quidnip
"why cant you see peach's underwear in this game"
-my best friend when smash 4 came out, hes so adorable but i just kinda facepalmed when it happened -_-

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
"Can't you just play a REAL fighting game?" -someone walking by
While playing with three non-competetive friends.
And laughing.
With Wii Remotes.
On Rainbow Cruise.
Using all items.
On high.

EDIT: another one
some guy: "Lucario is a clone character."
me: "I know, right! His neutral B is such a ripoff of Samus's neutral B!"
him: "..."

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"All I know are the Mario ones, I don't know all these other Chinese guys" - Math partner (who used to play Brawl) after I showed him a pic of the Smash 4 roster while working on a project.

Last edited:

Jellydino

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, when I saw shulk, I was like: Who the hell is that and what is so important about him to have in in smash 4? He's hardly relevant and his game isn't as huge in the US as it is in JP.

On the other hand, people like to say "Marth and Roy being in smash is the reason FE is relevant in US". I'm sorry, but FE has always been relevant in US, all that did was boost the notoriety of FE, it was already well received and liked in America. Consider this the funniest thing I've heard someone (or multiple people) say about smash.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Not gonna lie, when I saw shulk, I was like: Who the hell is that and what is so important about him to have in in smash 4? He's hardly relevant and his game isn't as huge in the US as it is in JP.
If you looked up the Xenoblade seies and what it achieved in terms of game design, you'd understand.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
On the other hand, people like to say "Marth and Roy being in smash is the reason FE is relevant in US". I'm sorry, but FE has always been relevant in US, all that did was boost the notoriety of FE, it was already well received and liked in America. Consider this the funniest thing I've heard someone (or multiple people) say about smash.
Fire Emblem had never been released outside of Japan prior to Melee and both Marth and Roy were considered to be Japan exclusive characters for Melee.
Avoiding that bone headed decision helped the series come west with Fire Emblem 7 (Rekka No Ken).

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
Oh, no... thread's going off topic. I can fix this... uh... oh, got it!

"Shrek should be in this game. He was my favorite character in Zelda!"

Phans

Smash Cadet
...they think shielding is for noobs and it's cheap.
Your friends fight with honor, like true casuals! You should be grateful.

"I call hacks!" (ironic john)
"It's project m, man. The whole game is hacks."
"Oh right, right."

Windindi

Smash Rookie
The funniest thing I heard from someone about Smash was this:
"Squirtle is the worst Smash Bros. Character in HISTORY"
Next thing I do is whoop his butt in a round of Project M as Squirlte.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Little Mac is terrible."

Top Bottom