• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

umegames

Smash Cadet
unlock megaman if he's not already available, go to training mode with megaman then online with megaman

MEGAMAN!

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Free for all match with my siblings (we're a total of 4 luckily). I'll probably kick their asses as well.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I've got 3 siblings as well, but they wont play smash with me because I won't let them win :p

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Play as the starter character I'm most excited for in training(In brawl this was Olimar), then play as everyone in training.
Then start workin' on them unlocks. I'll resist the urge t look up hidden characters, so I can recapture the magic of unlocking in melee.

nessokman

Smash Lord
ahem-

1. Orgasm because i am about to get the game

2. Feel impatient because it is taking forever to get to walmart

3.get them game and leap for joy

4. act cool as i drive home

5. go to my room, lock the door and fap to the cover art

6. put the game in

7. choose megaman

8. begin

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well, I was gonna try and unlock everybody before I decide to main a character...
but...
No promises if unlock someone like Lucario/Zoroark. Ha.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Stream, preferably a day 1 tourney of my scene in the Japanese version that I plan to import, and if not that, showcase the game with a friend doing things on demand for stream monsters.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
After I buy the game I'll probably slip it inside my jacket and run out of the store, afraid someone will try to steal it, even though I'll most likely be the only one within a 20 mile radius trying to buy it. I've never started smash with friends around, I hope they aren't busy the day I get smash because I want us to get good together.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I have two siblings that I'm gonna play SSB4 with. Planning on unlocking all characters/stages on the first day, and of course completing adventure mode.
The next day will be spent with normal matches with items, experiencing the gameplay/characters/stages.
From the week after and beyond, competitive play will be the primary focus. Getting down the advanced techniques and mastering my character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I have no idea really. This game's still quite unveiled, and there's many things we'll be seeing in the future.

Might reply on this a year after.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
for me, the first thing I'il check, as weird as it sound is the menu. I want to know if the music is good and if the menu feel 'flat' like brawl. because in melee, the menu was pretty good but in brawl, it's more flat and less detailed (I'm not talking about the accessibility but the aesthetic)

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
First, I want to unlock all the characters and stages and then I can pick from there which characters I want to play with this time around. I'll have to see how my mains (Zelda/Jiggs) have changed in this game. Then I want to try out WFT!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll probably just go into the Story Mode or Classic Mode and pick the character I liked the most from seeing various trailers and pictures of them as they were anoounced and/or leaked. xD

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Stay away from anywhere I can get spoiled. I don't want any secret **** revealed before I play the game :<

D

Deleted member

The same thing I've did with Melee and Brawl :

Classic 2 min. long fight with Mario vs. Bowser in Classic Battlefield with Classic music based on the Main Theme in the background.

Oh Classic yeah.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
Play some 1v1 against my brother for a few hours. I'll keep the tradition alive by picking Bowser first, as I did in Melee and Brawl.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Try to unlock everything first. After that, just practice with my brother.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Play a demo station at Gamestop if one is available; I remember my local store held a small tournament (which was won by a Peach player) and then let everyone play free-for-alls until midnight rolled around. After actually buying the game? Can see it going one of two ways:

1. My friends and I play a match on our 3DSs on the spot.
2. We all rush home and start unlocking all the content, probably the most fun part of any new Smash game.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I remember my local store held a small tournament (which was won by a Peach player) and then let everyone play free-for-alls until midnight rolled around.
I remember that Gamestop tournament. I dunno about the others but my local Gamestop had items on with two minute matches. It was pretty gay.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Play multi against COMS with all the starting newcomers once, then put it on random and go hog wild until something unlocks.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
3-Stock Free-For-All with Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu. Thats how i started the last two games.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Do what I always do with a new Smash: go to Versus mode and try out all the new characters, then proceed to go about unlocking a bunch of them by checking online. (I know, I know, I'm a cheater, but I'm often so eager to unlock everything that quite frankly I don't give a damn.)

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Most likely the same I did with Brawl, gather a bunch of friends and play it until we unlock everything through Vs battles,

Select the character I'm most hyped to play etc...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Play as Pit in training mode to get used to him and his new moves (Bowser goes 2nd) while choosing a character I don't like much to be my punching bag. If Palutena is playable and is a starter, then I'll play as her first. If she is playable but is a secret character, I'll try to unlock her after getting used to the new Pit.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
First I will try out the newcomers on every single stage possible, then I will look at all the other veterans and look for moveset changes, then I will start unlocking all the characters.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Try out my main man Link to see how he holds up in this iteration of Smash, then proceed to unlock Mega Man. With Link if possible.

Top Bottom