• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Freind: Dude you do realize i'm good at this game?(he brags that he killed a level 9 once) Jigglypuff is just a punching bag.
Me: Then i'll play jiggs and you'l have a great time beating me.
Friend: How did you get back from THAT!!!

How can you keep grabing me?

Why won't you land already?

How do i keep exploding?

What on earth on randomly on fire again!!!!

Does bowser overheat or something?

Me: (finnally deciding to end his confusioon) no thats jiggs rest.

Freind: no i tried jigglypuff once, he sleeps and nothing happens.
Me: you have to be close.
Friend: well what about his singing?(at this point our game is long since over, and he's picked jiggs)
Me: gotta be close for that too.
Friend: why can't they hear it on the other side of the stage?

I never answered that one.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
The dumbest thing I've ever heard about smash is that It's not the greatest thing that has ever happed to the universe.

Patinator

Smash Champion
No wai man, dat wuld b heyloww!!!!1!

...I agree with you. :)

ANOTHER dumb report, live from Patinator: Marth is female in Brawl. Heard that in the Funny Brawl Pics thread. Haha, General Brawl Discussers, go figure. :laugh: :p

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
dumbest thing i've heard somebody say was in a tourney, the guy was defeated by Fox, then came up to tell me that Fox couldn't Grab-UThrow- Uair.

haha, told me it was banned..

i just laughed and walked away at his stupidity.

-QTP

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
um.

When I told a friend there was going to be another smash bros, he say "they didn't even need the second one, it's stupid and exactly the same as the first smash bros, now THAT was a good game, i'm sure the next one will be the same and be just as lame.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
Play Hyrule temple, thats my best stage!

Why won't you die?? you have 400% health, and how do you just keep stopping on the wall? ( I was teching like mad)

he was falco, and I was samus, he had 1 life, and I had not died yet.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
My friend, doesnt really play smash but he tried to get into the things i like (actually a true story) asked me the other day,

Friend: "Smash Bros Melee. thats a cool game, when does the second one come out?"
Me: "You mean the 3rd one"
Friend: "Oh, yeah the 3rd one. Whats it called? Super Smash Bros Battle Royal?"
(he said that cause about 3 years ago we were tossing up names for the next Smash game, guess he hasnt updated himself)
Me: "No dude, its called Brawl"
Friend: "Oh yeah, forgot" (he never knew in the 1st place)

Sure its not the DUMBEST thing Ive ever heard but it made me feel sad having to carry out that conversation....

Shinku

Smash Champion
i was at funcoland talking how dumb it is for people to buy a strategy guide for brawl since the poster says "reverse your copy, buy the guide" something like that

so me and my friend start talking how dumb it would it be for people to have a guide, we didn't need one to short hop laser with falco etc, then the idiot or should i say, the employee gets into our convo and says "it dosent take skill to play falco, only kirby"

he was referring to melee.. >_>

Fawriel

Smash Master
I just went to a different forum, looked at the new threads, saw one called "Submit button is broken". And for a second I thought "Submit button isn't even in Brawl."

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i was at funcoland talking how dumb it is for people to buy a strategy guide for brawl since the poster says "reverse your copy, buy the guide" something like that

so me and my friend start talking how dumb it would it be for people to have a guide, we didn't need one to short hop laser with falco etc, then the idiot or should i say, the employee gets into our convo and says "it dosent take skill to play falco, only kirby"

he was referring to melee.. >_>
dude..........i am so hurt about what u said at the beginning of this quote...T__________T:(

miller483

Smash Ace
I got a few:

"Jigglypuff is the worst character yada yada yada"

"I heard they were thinking about putting Master Chief in Brawl"

"Actually, I heard that they were thinking about putting in Marcus Fenix (from Gears of War. Yes, Gears of War.) in the game, too."

^^ The worst part about these three was that they were said about 3 minutes after the other.

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
My friends were playing Melee for the first time, so they all chose Kirby. Some things they said:
"Kirby's the best! He can take people's hat."
"Kirby's a drug dealer." (Pretty sure Annhialator Zero already posted that one...)
"The best thing to do with Kirby is fly as high as you can."
"OH MY GOD I KICKED YOU!!!!!"
"We won because we're better." (All of them in a team, 2.0 damage ratio, me killed my self 3 times to give them a chance)
"Why can I only do 4 attacks!?" (the reply): "Try pressing A."

When he pressed A, he said: "THAT'S ONLY 1 OTHER ATTACK! YOU CAN ONLY DO 5 ATTACKS!"

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
"Short hopping is cheating and a glitch"
come on, even the computers do it sometimes (especially with fox, and I can barely short hop him)

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
"Short hopping is cheating and a glitch"
come on, even the computers do it sometimes (especially with fox, and I can barely short hop him)

and master chief in Brawl? That's just ********. If Megaman aint in, nobody should be in.

Patinator

Smash Champion
@ Aerialist: Well, computers are, usually, frame-perfect. If you don't know, that's 1/60 of a second. Your character moves slightly on every frame. It's just like a movie, really.

And... Megaman's third party. You're saying that since Megaman didn't get in, Mario shouldn't have? :p

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
we cant forget (though im sure someone mentioned it already) "Super Smash Bros. is for little kids!"

Tell me.... what so kiddie about a fire-breathing Dragon/Turtle/Dinosaur hybrid jumping in the air and using his 5452 lb @$$ at 65 mph, crushing the head of a 14-lb mouse who can conjur up thunder storms, where it also makes said mouse flying up to the sky at 105 mph, bounces off the screan and screams "PIKAAAAA!!", before exploding into a bottomeless pit? that is not kiddie....

Patinator

Smash Champion
You bring up a perfect point! Besides, IMO games with a lot of blood and gore and bad language and/or real life weapons, IE Halo and No More Heroes ( :mad: @ both) shouldn't even exist...

/short rant

PCHU

Smash Lord
A kid game?
I can see why, but still.......
A kid game doesn't have explosives within b button range, SWORDS, or two hands
that want to kill you.

They also don't have hands that undergo seizures. (Crazy hand's attack)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
"OH MY GOD LOOK!!!!! KIRBY HAS ARMS! ^_________________^"

(complete with the big face)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
BrawlSucksYaLoser (that's his youtube username): This is his 36-second video: Suuuuuppppppeeeeerrrrr Ssssmmmmmaaasssshhhh Brrrrooootttthhhheeeeerrrrrs Brrrraaaaawwwwwlllllll Sssssssssuuuuucccckkkkkssssss.

^He's an epic fail...whether or not he's trying to be funny. Don't even bother commenting on his video.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aww, don't be so mean. He made me smile!

"Super Smash Brothers Brawl Sucks And Everyone Who Likes It Sucks!"

Am I the only one who can't help imagining one of those annoying cute little doggies barking in a high-pitched tone while reading that?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
"The c-stick is for noobs"

What's odd is that this is coming from a guy who is actually a pretty good falco player, I've seen this guy take advantage of most of the advanced techs, and could probably beat me 1v1, but... he stubbornly refuses to admit that there's a reason to use it beyond it being two movements instead of one to smash.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I always find it weird that people think that the C-Stick is cheap. I mean, I've never encountered any idiot as stupid as that, but multiple people have said it in this thread.

Although actually, here's a bit of trivia for you: C-Stick smashes and aerials are one frame- ONE FRAME, a Shine's start up "lag"- slower than using A and/or the Control Stick. :p

But that isn't noticable, really. Plus, it'd help the one you speak about, using D-Air without fast-falling or a risk of it, adumbrodeus. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom