• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
If I had quoted the above...

Quote for truth time 9000. And 1.

EDIT: BLARGH. Okay then, QFT at the guy last page about Kirby being bad whether someone good uses him or not. Meh.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
In this conversation, the second guy says some really stupid things. This was on another forum.

i wonder if the final smashed will reallyadd that much to the game.
No, because tournygentlemen will ban them because they are all no skill scrubs afraid of any advantage their enemy can get, too stupid to train for the event that they have to dodge, or catch an item when used. And considering an FS' strength, it will DEFINITELY be banned by those cowards who call themselves competitive.

Its funny, since its the reverse for most other fighting games tourneygentleman.
They mock people who make house rules for "honour" to make the game easier for them.
Smash tournygentlemen are the scrubs of the "real" fighting game scene.

Of course, thats nothing against Smash, I have it preordered. Just the cowardly Smash competitive crowd.

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
We were doing a 3-player FFA with me, Annhialator Zero (my brother :o) and my sister. My sister mains Pichu, Yoshi, Ness and Kirby. So she was being IC for no reason. We were messing about and making rules like 'You have to kill them on Stamina, not knock them off the egde' and 'Kill her before she commits suicide!'

We took it on turns to make rules, but when my sister's turn came, she chose Peach's castle with IC.
"The rules are: No attacking me!"
._.

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
Another one:
My friend was joking around saying he wanted a weak character.
"Not weak enough," Over Ness.
"Not weak enough," Ove IC o.O
"Not weak enough," Over Jiggly ...
"Not weak enough," Over Fox
He ended up picking Mewtwo, his favourite character in Melee. He likes Kirby as well cause of his Hammer and jab move.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
This is the Number 1 Dumbest Thing Any One Has Ever Said About Brawl
First of all, Nintendo adding Sonic to Brawl was a big enough mistake. Dont u think he gets enough attention by trying to act cool and jump around like he's on crack cocaine? Same with shadow...the ppl who made him make him look "dark" and " mysterious" are freaking morons because they get kids to pretend they are dark and mysterious ( my little brother is a victim of this). So they just should keep Sonic, dont add any more ******** Sonic characters, and release the ****ed game already so I can use Solid Snake to beat the **** out of that blue-furred snow snooter

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
One day I was talking about Smash with one of my friends, and we saw one of his friends. The guy was obviously a n00b at smash but thought he could easily p0wn anybody. I started asking him about ATs, none of which he knew about, and when I asked "Do you even know what the wave-dash is!" he replied "Oh, that thing. Well only some characters can do it you know".

Another hilarious chat I had with a n00b over melee started as I tryed to tell him some of the simplest techinques with Fox. He was clueless, and when I asked him if he could do shorthop double blastering, he said "Oh yeah, I can even do three in one shorthop." I countered and said, "That is physically impossible, do you mean three blasters in one full jump?" he replied "No, I can do ten blasters in a full jump, my fingers move really fast."

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I said to someone "I bought a GameCube just for Smash" then they said "You're a dope! Why didn't ya buy an Xbox?!"

Now he says he is an "All time Nintendo Fan"

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
lets see what i can find...

"Super Smash Bros Sucks!" : yet they have no reason to back it up

"Master Chief For Brawl!": although i dont Hate Halo....MC would have to Suck balls in order to get to smash <.<

"(insert character's name here) suck!": when it was cleary just the fact they cant play as them for $#!t ...im not going by tiers though (^^)v tiers exist yes.....but I have seen players in fact suck at playing as them XD

and my two favorite dumbest thing I have ever heard any one say about smash...

"Sakurai said that Up Until Now There was a chracter named Ness...." and "Sakurai was planning to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee, but MOTHER 3 got cancelled and used Ness, now that Lucas is in, Ness is out!":......need i say more about these two? XDDDDDDDD

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
I asked a friend about Smash the other day, and he said "Oh yeah I've played that."
Me: Who do you use?
Him: Er... Ah... Em... Who's in the game?

And my friend has never played Smash before so he chose Kirby and he thought he ruled because of his 'Sledge Hammer'
Me: You know they made Kirby better in the new one?
Him: Better? Kirby's the best in the game by a long shot, how can he be better!?
I'm not sure if he was joking or not

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
Edu_ said:
This game is for little kids
My friend is a complete Sony fan. He thinks the Wii is for kids, Mario Galaxy has bad graphics, SSBM is easily mastered in minutes, and everything the PS3 ever did is better than the Wii. (He even claimed the controller was better).

And my friends were over playing again and we were doing loser out. My friend's two brothers were over and chose Roy.
Me: Why do you like Roy more than Marth?
Them: 'Cause he has fire!
Cuz he has TEH PH1R3!1!1*

SothE700k

Smash Lord
"All he kept doing was rolling out and he kept hitting me!"
Me: "Well its your fault for falling for the same trick over and over."
"No that's not it! He just keeps using it!"
Me: "BECAUSE YOU KEEP FALLING FOR IT. LEARN TO GET AROUND IT. ITS NOT HARD."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom