• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to shield pressure with Ganon?

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's pretty much the question. I've been realizing I need to make my opponents fear shielding more so that I can bait out more rolls or other reactions, cause otherwise they just stay comfortable in shield after I fair it and WD out and run away or something. Anything more I can be doing to make shielding a little scarier for people?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Tomahawk when they are expecting a fair. Free grab.

Ganon has jank shield pressure. You can do a spaced aerial to ftilt, multiple AC bairs, shield pokes with bair/dair, running through them with the uair so that the tippy spike hits then as you land (then ftilt), side-b shenanigans, etc. But nothing beats tomahawk.

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
Tomahawk is sick, but I've noticed in top level play that people start expecting the tomahawk after a while, what do you think about using Up-b as you come down from a SH but before you hit the ground? it's not the tomahawk they'd expect and it's not a shieldable aerial. Risky you think? Do you think it's still better to just go for waveland pivot grab tomahawk shenanagins?

Top Bottom