• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to learn nair spacing

Cav

Smash Rookie
So I'm fairly new to competitive melee and my mains are ganon and falcon with an emphasis on falcon. I've been watching a ton falcon videos and I noticed throughout all of them,, nair is something I see a lot. For whatever reason, I just can't to get the spacing down and over shoot it because of falcon's speed. What is the best way to practice this? Should i just play more netplay against other people do something offline with cpus and 20xx?

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
The goal when using nair is to hit your foe as far away as you can manage to avoid being in shieldgrab range upon landing. Now if you're having problems nailing down that range, you probably need to become more familiar with both aerial movement and how your aerial movement is determined by your ground movement. Experiment with different things like jumping while holding still vs jumping while walking vs jumping while dashing. Learn how far a walking jump will take you vs a dashing jump. Experiment with how your momentum changes when you hold backwards after doing a forward jump. Finally, try to internalize the subtle difference between starting a dash forward into an immediate jump and starting a dash backwards into a jump.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
People are using shield stops and pivots to more accurately control Falcon's nair. Also, the position of the analog stick at the end of jumpsquat controls the length of the jump

Top Bottom