• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow. Ike from Fire Emblem.

Maybe this means they're replacing Marth / Roy....?

I actually hope they do, so we can see some fresh chars.
Who cares about fresh characters, they come and go. Marth represents the classic era, and the series as their main character, Roy as the GBA FE rep, where more of the FE games were than any other system.

Also I'll just keep quoting myself.

In a poll for which character was most desired for Melee in Japan, Marth dominated and was ranked #1, by a huge margin. Consider Japan, Sakurai isn't going to screw them over by not having Marth, like we aren't going to be screwed over since Ridley is important to a basically western only series. Seriously,

he's still more important to the series, and how do you know FE 1 and 3 aren't going to be released on the Wii's Victual Console worldwide=??? [probably won't btw] Besides, when has Nintendo screwed over their Japanese fanbase=??? See....no awser. :p
No one can deny that, no arguements to counter that, that is pure hard fact. The only time in recent memory Japan got screwed over is when NA got the Wii and TP 2 days eariler, and Brawl isn't expected there until sometime 2008. Other than that, Japan seldomly, if at all gets screwed over by Nintendo. Heck, they get screwed over less than us! in NA, SA, Europe, and Australia :laugh:

Salaad

Smash Ace
Toad I'm not even sure if he was mentioned or not, but Ike was one of the top 5 at least.

As for the list of top 5 most desired newcomers for Brawl, one just disappeard. Sonic, Diddy, Dedede, Ridley, and Lucario still remain, with ike confirmed. I'm sure Diddy or Dedede will go next, maybe Lucario, since Diddy has unquestionably earned his SSB spot [doubt it, and prepare for me to go QCQ on you! XD], and everyone agrees on the SWF [pretty much] that Dedede will be in Brawl.

And btw, this does not harm or help Roy's, Marth's, or the Black Knight's chances, AT ALL. Marth is still probably set to return, and either Roy or BK will fill the 3rd spot more than likely. Just thought I should throw that out there! ;)

Man I love you....

I want Marth as an update now! :D

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Also, just as an observation, if Sakurai doesn't stop updating until Brawl comes out, there should be 87 more updates starting tomorrow.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Looks like we've got a situation here. Sakurai isn't delivering the updates at the correct time, leading to massive suicide of the people from the boards. Your mission, if you wish to accept it, is to SHUT THE HELL UP and wait. Or go to sleep.

Good. We've got Ike now, I think it was worth the waiting all right. This week we shall get some of Ike's special moves.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well the good thing is we got a new character, the bad thing is:

HE SKIPPED METAKNIGHT AND SNAKE

I wonder why...

Binx

Smash Master
who cares? I would rather know about new people than know the moves of the old ones, for me the only updates that matter are the characters, I am likely to barely touch the items over the next however many years SSBB will be out/I play video games.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow, finally a fresh, new, unexpected character. (well, a lot of people expected him, but we werent expecting the new update to be ike at all). seeing as we have like 80 something updates left, we should be guaranteed to get at least like 1 or 2 more new character updates before the games release...peace

-hiroshi

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well the good thing is we got a new character, the bad thing is:

HE SKIPPED METAKNIGHT AND SNAKE

I wonder why...
Secret characters, duh. ;) (I really do stand by that theory, though).

I don't see Fire Emblem getting more than 2 representatives in Brawl, so does this pretty much deconfirm Roy? As exciting as it is to see a new face, I can't say it came as a surprise. Ike was one of the most requested on Sakurai's Brawl poll, so it's only a matter of time before Diddy, Dedede, Ridley, and Lucario are confirmed.

Fyacin_the_Deadeyed

Smash Cadet
And then there were six. I wonder how many new ones there will be. I know one thing though - I'm gonna stop making predictions altogether!

Hopefully Ike will be quite distinct from Marth and Roy when it comes to swordhandling - I mean, cool new stuff can be done with such a big blade!

I want to see Aether in action - anybody familiar with the series who can tell me whether this moves is featured in the FE games and what it looks like?

Also, photo smexiness.
Aether was Ikes special ability in Path of radiance, he learns it if you give him an occult scroll after he becomes a Lord. He throws up his sword, jumps up cathces it and brings it down on the enemy's head, then he does an upward slash and flips away. It does 2 hits, one through the enemy's armor, and the second healing Ike if I remember correctly. Bascically the move allowed Ike to destroy an entire army completly unscathed.

bored

Smash Ace
Well it's not peach.. hmm I wonder what this says about Roy and marth..

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Notice that the two updates this week that came late were Monday's and today's: DK's Final Smash and Ike respectively, both being character updates. My guess is that Sakurai wanted to reveal Ike this week and was going to reveal him on Monday. Instead, however, he opted for a different character update and revealed Ike on Wednesday. This makes me believe that he does plan some, if not all, of these updates in advance. It just seems too coincidental to me that the two "late" updates this week were both character updates.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Notice that the two updates this week that came late were Monday's and today's: DK's Final Smash and Ike respectively, both being character updates. My guess is that Sakurai wanted to reveal Ike this week and was going to reveal him on Monday. Instead, however, he opted for a different character update and revealed Ike on Wednesday. This makes me believe that he does plan some, if not all, of these updates in advance. It just seems too coincidental to me that the two "late" updates this week were both character updates.
i think youre thinking too far into it
Oh **** peach, this dude looks badass..
no todays update blew chunks...im guessing music or stage tonight

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he if Ike was an AT... that would not be a laughing matter.

But Ike is cel shaded in this (Like in POH) so this may be some strength to WW Link making it in.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
A side note, I apologize if someone has already posted something like this, but 1:05 in this video demonstrates Ike's Aether in FE: Path of Radiance.

Also: HURRAH! Ike! I <3 swordsmen, particularly the FE ones. I was hoping to get ether Marth, Roy, Ike or Lyn in Brawl. I'm not particularly well versed in the FE series, so I'd never seen Path of Radiance before. I have to say, Aether looks great, and Ike looks like he'll be a solid character.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
*Nerdgasms all over self* WOOT!!!! IKE FOR TOP TIER! Do guys think he's a starter or unlockable?(I'm guessing a starter,but you never know!) Also,is good or bad for Marth or Roy chances/

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Ike's not cel shaded but I could see them making some version of the WW Link for Brawl. Especially when you consider the way that most of the characters (Yoshi,Link) have kept the look of their most recent game just "Brawlsified".

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Gah! I missed the update.I went to sleep. :( It was already almost two hours overdue.But Ike looks good.Can't wait to see more! :grin:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
*Nerdgasms all over self* WOOT!!!! IKE FOR TOP TIER! Do guys think he's a starter or unlockable?(I'm guessing a starter,but you never know!) Also,is good or bad for Marth or Roy chances/
Judging by the "Challenger Approaching" image, I'm guessing he's an unlockable.

Del Money

Smash Champion
theres not gonna be just 1 FE representative so you need to relax

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*wakes up and cruises on over to the Dojo to see what he missed last night*

MY. ****ING. HELL.

OF COURSE, I go to bed before the update where Sakurai ACTUALLY gives us a newcomer.

I feel like a loser.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
hey i went to bed too, so you don't have to feel so bad

and for all those people who kept saying "IKE FOR BRAWL RAAAA" well there you have it.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Ike's not cel shaded but I could see them making some version of the WW Link for Brawl. Especially when you consider the way that most of the characters (Yoshi,Link) have kept the look of their most recent game just "Brawlsified".
Yeah, maybe as an extra skin, like I was thinking for Mario they could do SM64 Mario as an extra unlockable skin.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Wow, I wake up to see the crappy update that I missed and find..THIS.................You owned me Sakurai :(

worldjem7

Smash Ace
It's kinda funny tho, everyone kept saying "omg C Falcon update today rawr" or "omg peach update" or "Zelda SP". I'll have to say that this has to be one of the most unlikely updates ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom