• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Hey guys,seems like I never post any more,what's up? I think the pitfall is cool,if you hit someone with it on main platform they can fall out of the stage!(except if you jump through the Pitfall and come out the other end.)

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Hey guys,seems like I never post any more,what's up? I think the pitfall is cool,if you hit someone with it on main platform they can fall out of the stage!(except if you jump through the Pitfall and come out the other end.)
ya i havent seen you on here much anymore, well, then again, i havent been on in two weeks.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think this item may lead to getting-stuck-to-the stage glitches. Would be pretty funny if used right and would be dangerous in a match with a bunch of those things around.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Did anyone else notice that on both the pitfall and the stage, next to the names, there's an animal crossing icon? Meaning there's a good chance that there could be a character from animal crossing, although I don't know who they would use.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Did anyone else notice that on both the pitfall and the stage, next to the names, there's an animal crossing icon? Meaning there's a good chance that there could be a character from animal crossing, although I don't know who they would use.
lol you haven't been here for a while have you?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Actually, due to the fact that there's an Animal Crossing stage, the chances haven't really changed a whole lot.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Don't know about you but I am gonna be spamming that item at the end of the stages, especially on Skyworld and Delfino Plaza when it lifts off.

Del Money

Smash Champion
*after laughing at "shoop-da-whoop-suit-samus"*
this item reminds me of the mine just doen't blow up.
i dunno....its not like it inflicts heavy damage of KO's you in almost every situation
Don't know about you but I am gonna be spamming that item at the end of the stages, especially on Skyworld and Delfino Plaza when it lifts off.
well i gues its a good thing i wont ever play you online haha. the items are coming off

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
The pitfall will only pull characters through "pass-through floors". Meaning that it will not pull you underneath the stage, with no way to get back to edge. Still going to be a fun weapon though b/c you have to inflict the damage once it is set up, it doesnt actually do any damage (atleast thats what i got from the update).

Del Money

Smash Champion
The pitfall will only pull characters through "pass-through floors". Meaning that it will not pull you underneath the stage, with no way to get back to edge. Still going to be a fun weapon though b/c you have to inflict the damage once it is set up, it doesnt actually do any damage (atleast thats what i got from the update).
oh ok i wasnt sure if it just automatically pulled you under 1 floor or all floors

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
This Pitfall looks like it could be a fun item. However, I question how useful it will actually prove to be in competitive play (and I don't mean tourneys, since we all know how items are always disabled in tourneys). I don't think it does damage, so I suppose all it would be useful for would be stalling for time and maybe throwing your opponent's equilibrium off balance. Plus, it could be that if you throw it at someone in mid-air, they fall straight down. In that sense, this seems like the complete opposite of the Screw Attack. Regardless, it still looks pretty fun...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, I would say it's useful for mind games, but I'm not sure how many people want to put their opponent below them....

Then again, that's only if you hit the person. If you don't hit the person, they'll just be stuck in the floor like DK's Smash-B. Wait....does this mean DK's headbutt is gone?!?

Del Money

Smash Champion
And replaced with something better? Here's hoping.:)
i actually found DK's headbutt semi-useful in competitive play (only as an aerial though)...yeah DK, my 2nd main, FTW.
Tomorrow: DK's special moves ftw.
and when youre wrong...your face will look just like your avatar's. nah jk...in fact i kinda wanna put money or either special moves or music (though stage is up there as well - at least we wont get another ****ing item)

bored

Smash Ace
Dammit that ***** peach didn't show up yet...
sakurai is rly giving me a run for my money..

tommorows update

peach,ftw

Del Money

Smash Champion
Dammit that ***** peach didn't show up yet...
sakurai is rly giving me a run for my money..

tommorows update

peach,ftw
seriously get your mind right...it cant be Peach...it would definitely be Falcon first since Goroh was revealed. and i doubt itll be a new character profile tonight anyways...maybe tomorrow night

bored

Smash Ace
seriously get your mind right...it cant be Peach...it would definitely be Falcon first since Goroh was revealed. and i doubt itll be a new character profile tonight anyways...maybe tomorrow night
Why not? Zelda and Bowser were melee exclusives and they were announced before DK and Yoshi

ness has an equal chance with capt. falcon also...;)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Why not? Zelda and Bowser were melee exclusives and they were announced before DK and Yoshi
thats not the point im trying to prove
ness has an equal chance with capt. falcon also...;)[/QUOTE]un...no. we havent seen any signs of ness like we had with other characters before inclusion. the trailer showed a good percentage of characters and was the sign for mario, link, fox, samus, pit, wario, kirby, and pikachu. bridge of eldin was zelda's sign, all the yoshi stuff was yoshi's sign, the e3 trailer was DK's sign, (anyone i forget?). and i guess the sunshine level might serve Peach, Luigi, or may possibly already have served Bowser. so Goroh can serve as falcon's sign. ness has no sign yet. but i guess your peach prediction isnt as hairbrained as i thought

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
QFT. If it's a character this week, it's going to be a vet.

We've had too many Mario franchise characters lately. We need C. Falcon, or another veteran.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok we can pretty much confirm there gonna be at LEAST one AC character...

and I give this update 7.5/10, since sure its new and if u dont see where it lands theres a good chances u'll fall into it, but it aint as shocking like the AT item...

Del Money

Smash Champion
QFT. If it's a character this week, it's going to be a vet.

We've had too many Mario franchise characters lately. We need C. Falcon, or another veteran.
but most of the Mario franchise characters are vets. even still Falcon is most likely to come next IMO. then probably peach or luigi. oh and then i would expect a pokemon stage to be release shortly after and then maybe jiggs a week later...unless hes gonna be a unlockable for the 3rd ****ing time in a row along with luigi. so maybe we'll scratch luigi and jiggs and expect ness and ganon to fill those holes

We havn't had music in awhile, but we've been getting a new character every week.

It's really up in the air, what we're getting Wednesday.
potentially but music has just been too long a delay for it not to be most plausible...special moves as well.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Music updates are the pits. I hope it isnt...
No, this update was the pits.
Da dum ching..... drumroll

seriously...someone pointed this out to me... weve only gotten a music update to go along with stages. and seeing as how we havent had one in a while, you can bet well get one on skyworld or the dk level. this weeks char will be capt. falcon or peach... definitely

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
At least the items are starting to come from the actual game franchises now. I don't like so many items being unique to SSB...the beam sword, bumper, and homerun bat were fine, but now there's too many not from other games. I mean, I would have been happier if they just said the banana peel came from the Mario Kart series. Oh well, the new items have been pretty cool, at least.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
How do we know for sure Yoshi's Story Ending is a stage song? For all we know it's an actual ending song played during Yoshi's single player credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom