• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
OK so why would DK´s own stage be a scrolling one? so that he sucks as a character on his own stage!!??
Well, there is the "neutral" platform at the top. Plus we don't even know how fast it scrolls. Maybe it can be done from the top of the stage, and be finished before it scrolls to the bottom. I think it's more like the "Poke Floats/Rainbow Cruise" type of stage where there is a considerable amount of weight in following the progression, while in the Icicle Mountain type of stage, you have a lot of slack in how much you have to rush to get to the top.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll admit, I think it's really cool that they are giving the gamer responsibility for the power of the move. I'm glad there's a whole new focus on the musical stylings of D.K.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I hate what they have done with DK. After DKC 3 it has all gone down hill. With these new Kongo Jungle games, it has ruined DK's reputation. The DKC series IMO is the SECOND BEST GAMING SERIES EVER only behind Smash bros. All I ask if for Nintendo to atleast TRY to make another game that doesnt involve crappy music and if it doesnt work then atleast ill give them my respect that they tried. And now with DK's FS on brawl will involve music? Arrgghhh it just angers me.

bored

Smash Ace
I hate what they have done with DK. After DKC 3 it has all gone down hill. With these new Kongo Jungle games, it has ruined DK's reputation. The DKC series IMO is the SECOND BEST GAMING SERIES EVER only behind Smash bros. All I ask if for Nintendo to atleast TRY to make another game that doesnt involve crappy music and if it doesnt work then atleast ill give them my respect that they tried. And now with DK's FS on brawl will involve music? Arrgghhh it just angers me.
I second that

I

i8waffles612

Lol, nice update. i figured his final smash would have to do something with the drums!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
then you oviously haven't played jungle beat (which is possily THE BEST DK game, since it went back to the DKC roots and expanded apon it, even though it was a bit on the short side.)
oh, and the king of swing games also dont involve music either.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If the music damges/stuns your enemies and makes DK invincible,this FS seems pretty good,if it just makes you invincible,it kind of sucks.
ok...by the character in your avatar im guessing youve played DK64. honestly i just think this update is a mixture of Bongo Blast and Strong Kong---2 DK64 special attacks in 1
im just giving ya a hard time :laugh:
thats whe she said
DK's FS should have be his cucanut gun from DK64
no it really shouldnt have been
are you ****ing ****ting me? yes ill admit that the Gamecube DK Bongo games are a total turnoff, but aside from the childish antics DK64 was and still is pretty good

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Bigdeal Icetrash, all it means is that your a DKC fan and not a fan of any of his other games. It's jsut a fact of life that we aren't gonig to like every game our favorite character is in, but you also have to realize, these are based off of more recent games.

Del Money

Smash Champion
then you oviously haven't played jungle beat (which is possily THE BEST DK game, since it went back to the DKC roots and expanded apon it, even though it was a bit on the short side.)
oh, and the king of swing games also dont involve music either.
and plus you can play all those games with a standard gamecube controller instead of the bongos

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Agreed link, like samus' missiles, right? like if you tilted over b, he threw and orange grenade, and if you smash it, he shoots the coconut gun. That'd be a pretty cool alteration to dk.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's about time. I was waiting for the first FS to be weaker than all the others. Yes, it does fit DK perfectly and looks very interesting, fun, and amusing. However, look at it. Unless it sucks you in towards DK and his bongo's like a Black Hole, he ain't hitting anyone with those music notes and bongo's. Everyone is running away. Notice how they come back at the last 2 pictures just to be hit by it.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
it probably disperses further and does more damage the more notes you hit correctly. And I would say links would have to be the worst so far as it is a single target attack

Del Money

Smash Champion
It's about time. I was waiting for the first FS to be weaker than all the others. Yes, it does fit DK perfectly and looks very interesting, fun, and amusing. However, look at it. Unless it sucks you in towards DK and his bongo's like a Black Hole, he ain't hitting anyone with those music notes and bongo's. Everyone is running away. Notice how they come back at the last 2 pictures just to be hit by it.
yes but DK's temporary invincibility will make those mother****ers have to run away even longer
it probably disperses further and does more damage the more notes you hit correctly. And I would say links would have to be the worst so far as it is a single target attack
true but i dont doubt that Link's FS can trap every mofo in there. nor do i doubt that the strength of the attack makes up for the range

Del Money

Smash Champion
i think it was a little after 4am...i wouldnt know though...ifell asleep at like 2:30am ish with one hand on the keyboard and the other inside Weed's sister.

anyways good update tonight ftw

Del Money

Smash Champion
most lieky yes. and plus i prefer not to have an endless list of posts per page. oh and viewtiful bloodfalcon ftw.

item or special moves or music tonight

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think we need to move on to discussing a much more pressing issue:

Why does DK wear that ridiculous tie? Why does he wear a tie at all? How are monkey knows what ties is???

Del Money

Smash Champion
Personally, I think we need to move on to discussing a much more pressing issue:

Why does DK wear that ridiculous tie? Why does he wear a tie at all? How are monkey knows what ties is???
how about...why does your avatar look like hes seen a pair of knockers for the first time?

item/music/special moves FTW

Del Money

Smash Champion
Because in that very scene, I believe he has. Or at least some very big ones.

Less than three Goldenboy.
wow what a guess, huh? anyways DK's tie just makes him more recognizable, especially with the letters "DK" on it (just like Mario has an 'M' on his hat)

changes of plans...screw item

music most liekly tonight...alternatives: special moves, how-to-play

Stryks

Smash Hero
I kinda like the update, Im glad we now know DK final, but I was expe cting something better than just DK using the bongos, why not the power wham from strikers charged? that would have been sick!

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah probally won't happen do to the fact that he natorisly uses physicall moves and not projectiles
exactly...once you start giving DK projectiles in smash bros (with the exception of items), youre asking for trouble. for Diddy, projectiles are fine but not for DK.

@Stryks
*sigh* wheres GigaDK when you need it

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I kinda like the update, Im glad we now know DK final, but I was expe cting something better than just DK using the bongos, why not the power wham from strikers charged? that would have been sick!
cause since DK64, DK has been known to use bongos. and with the Donkey Konga games and DK Jungle Beat, why not?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
exactly...once you start giving DK projectiles in smash bros (with the exception of items), youre asking for trouble. for Diddy, projectiles are fine but not for DK.

@Stryks
*sigh* wheres GigaDK when you need it

I would probally stop maning him because he shoots peanuts:(
and main diddy because he uses peanute guns. Just seems more diddys style

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Bowser's also invincible during Giga-Bowser mode, and just see how awesome that looks! DK's probably slow like he was in Melee anyway, it'd be just like running from him when he got a Star power in the other Smash's.
Of course there are plenty of factors involved, but until I see it in action, I'm going with "guilty until proven innocent," for DK's Bonga Beat.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Bowser's also invincible during Giga-Bowser mode, and just see how awesome that looks! DK's probably slow like he was in Melee anyway, it'd be just like running from him when he got a Star power in the other Smash's.
Of course there are plenty of factors involved, but until I see it in action, I'm going with "guilty until proven innocent," for DK's Bonga Beat.
if gigabowser is killable at like hella-high percentage (which i expect him to be), then i wouldnt go as so far to exactly call him invincible. being able to take damage and not be phased is one thing...being resistant to damage completely is another (also...think about how bowser will be affect once the gigabowser transformation is over and hes racked up mad damage)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
if gigabowser is killable at like hella-high percentage (which i expect him to be), then i wouldnt go as so far to exactly call him invincible. being able to take damage and not be phased is one thing...being resistant to damage completely is another (also...think about how bowser will be affect once the gigabowser transformation is over and hes racked up mad damage)
smashbros.com said:
What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that.

He must be invincible!
giga bowser can't be hurt. invincible in any game means no damage whatsoever

Del Money

Smash Champion
no i think it means he takes damage but is not as all phase by it...as in he doesnt get knocked back. when they said "he must be invincible" i took it as he must be relatively un-knockable-off the stage otherwise they wouldve said "he is invincible"

Del Money

Smash Champion
yes but i took "invincible" to mean "unkillable" but not immune to damage...i dunno we'll see

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
isn't that what invincible has always been known as? every game where you're invincible you can't take damage.

and really don't rely on the translation on giga bowser. "He must be invincible" is probably a translation error. maybe in japanese it says "He IS invincible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom