• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuro

Smash Lord
Imagine if yoshi was like what he is in Yoshi's Island. Instant throwing eggs, all the second jumps he wants(cept a smaller version), tounge is longer, could throw you after he has eaten you.... ahh to bad. How would Yoshi's stampede work anyway? Wouldnt the yoshis fall of the stage? where would they come from? Just spawning there is kinda lame.

We still need to see the new...

Luigi
Peach
C.Falcon
Ganon (and/or MacRider could steal his old moves)
Falco
Ness (or Lucas)
IceClimbers
Jiggly
GameAndWatch
Marth

And maybe
Doctor Mario
Young Link
Pichu (or plus/minum aka iceclimber style)
Mewtwo (or Lucario)
Roy(or Ike)

Nothing comfirmed yet but most of these are highly likely.

I hope Luigi gets luigified better this time. With a vacum! Or maybe that would be his final smash..

Kirbychwan

Smash Rookie
Interesting. I wasn't expecting the team to buff Yoshi up.

Sakurai doesn't actually say that his Egg toss gives him an extra jump, but
rather it increases the distance of his existing jump.

I wonder if when you use Egg Toss after using his jump the first time,
you'll be able to continue?

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
I think his upB like Sakurai said just increase the jump distance, that means Yoshi will have his super jump PLUS UpB (but now It pulls Yoshi up and forward for sure) but I little... so that will be balaced

Blackadder

Smash Master
Zomg.
Yoshi!!!!

..I honestly don't care much, even if he is changed. I doubt I'll ever use Yoshi, but still, at least we know that he's in.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like Yoshi's look. Anyway, how will the Egg Toss give him a jump? I don't know either. So now that the original eight has been confirmed I'm guessing the secret 4 will be the next do get revealed(I'm assuming that either Jigglypuff or Luigi will be the first ones),and tomorrow I think it will either be an AT(hopefully Toad) or Yoshi's Final Smash(I'm hoping him turning into a giant egg and then exploding or a heard of Yoshi's stampeding the stage.)

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
maybe...but think about it...his super jump is already huge.....then if he got egg thrown...hed never die....hahaha
Well, he'd never die as long as you can keep him inside the screen. When you've racked up enough damage as Yoshi and would get smashed, you'd fly out of the screen before you can initiate the jump. That would be the way to beat Yoshi... kind of the same as with characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff, who can pretty much always fly back to the platform as long as they didn't get smashed out of the screen.

I always got pretty annoyed when I used Yoshi's up+B move when I just didn't reach a platform, only to see him pull out an egg and throw it upwards as he was falling to his doom... :p

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
This week there will be no music. It skips two.

There will be no stage until two weeks from now.

Every 4 updates there is a newcomer (but it started on the first one.) So, there will be a veteran this week.

There will be no item update. Every four weeksn then it skips a week. It skips this week.

I don't think there will be how to play updates until two weeks.

Game modes comes every three weeks, so thats out.

This week will be all character updates, and the stage.

Blackadder

Smash Master
This week there will be no music. It skips two.

There will be no stage until two weeks from now.

Every 4 updates there is a newcomer (but it started on the first one.) So, there will be a veteran this week.

There will be no item update. Every four weeksn then it skips a week. It skips this week.

I don't think there will be how to play updates until two weeks.

Game modes comes every three weeks, so thats out.

This week will be all character updates, and the stage.
I'm holding you to that.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Whats Yoshi doing to DK in the screenshot?
Thats what i was wondering, it looks too convincing to be just good picture taking timing, perhaps it's a new gameplay element??? we shall see...

That'd be awesome though, yoshi riding mario "who's the b*tch now!? go eat those apples...ALL OF THEM!"

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
This is awsome and everything, but....

I WANT MARTH!!!!! >: (
I don't understand why people think marth is an important nintendo character worthy of returning because of his tier position.

Would you be fine with a marth-like character returning that's not marth himself? 'Cause marth is a nobody...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is how Yoshi is suppose to look!
I just hope he has his immunity in the air

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
To me, it seems as if Yoshi's going to be better because his Up B is actually useful to recover back to the stage. Does that mean that Yoshi may have a shorter double jump?

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it (and I hope not). The only reason to why I didn't play Yoshi was because of his lack of a recovery. Maybe his Egg Toss will give him some edge. Or maybe not; who can say?

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
You have a good point there, Kurizu. But I wonder how you would feel if items were turned off and you got four stocked by somebody who is an avid tourney-goer? Would you cry "foul" because items were off in that circumstance? Would you suck it up and take your loss like a man? Would you even play them at all?

Just a thought, man.

Smooth Criminal
lol no i wouldn't i'll play either way just fine. i'd actually love to play more tourny goers cause i live in utah and no one plays smash here.
His Shoes...

They're not Red....

They're not.

WHY!? WHY SAKURAI!? WHY!? DEAR GOD!!!.

Cool update aniway.
lol also dk has no teeth

also yay yoshi. he looks great. but my favorite revamp is still bowser just pure kick ***

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
congrats to all yoshi mains. never used used a whole lot, but cool that he's finally confirmed after all this other crap showed up before it.

plus he has the "cute" look now, returning to his look in 64. which is fine since i'm using the more ferocious bowser anyway. and he has a third jump, but i wonder how it will work...

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he'll have a recovery that gives him so more horizontal movement. With his second jump, unless you cancel it with an aerial (assuming this cancel still exists), Yoshi gets pretty high in the air.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people think marth is an important nintendo character worthy of returning because of his tier position.

Would you be fine with a marth-like character returning that's not marth himself? 'Cause marth is a nobody...
i know right?
Yoshi looked cheap in SSB, kinda ugly in SSBM, now he looks better just like he did in Yoshi's Story! :-)
i agree. this look is much better
If we don't get an update that has anything to do with Snake soon, people are going to start dying.

That's right Sakurai, once every hour until you meet my demands...
um...Snake will most like be the very last known newcomer to get a profile before the unknown newcomers start pouring in
congrats to all yoshi mains. never used used a whole lot, but cool that he's finally confirmed after all this other crap showed up before it.
about time. yoshi is still 4th string for me but im glad he's in. this update was still lame though...nothing to talk about

RDK

Smash Hero
If we don't get an update that has anything to do with Snake soon, people are going to start dying.

That's right Sakurai, once every hour until you meet my demands...
Lol...good one.

Let's make 1337 Marth our first hour...

Snake will most like be the very last known newcomer to get a profile before the unknown newcomers start pouring in
*COUGH* SONIC BOMBERMAN MEGAMAN *COUGH*

Good update, Sakurai, but Money has a point--except for the Yoshi mains' minute detail conversations and ultimately useless speculation on Up-B recovery, there is virtually nothing to talk about except what we think the next update will be.

What day is the next update?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Let's make 1337 Marth our first hour...
HAHAHAHAHAH

Good update, Sakurai, but Money has a point--except for the Yoshi mains' minute detail conversations and ultimately useless speculation on Up-B recovery, there is virtually nothing to talk about except what we think the next update will be.

What day is the next update?
i know, though i am excited about a better yoshi recovery, hes still gonna sit in 4th string and let Fox, DK, and what used to be mario then switched to falcon but is mostly likely now link take the lead. as for the next update? definitely an AT or FS or item. im so pissed the character update caught me offguard. who was the idiot that said it would be friday? stupidass pattern followers...lol

oh and as for 3rd parties, the Bomberman thread has been dead for like 48 hours WTF. i thought he was popular

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Man, i really wish that the character updates had move sets as well...Its good to know that Yoshi's Up+B will give him an added jump, im betting that it will be pretty small though (maybe similar to luigi's up+b in vertical distance?), unless they have completely changed his second jump, and then that would be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom