• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok 3 points to get before the n00bs come a-spamming:

1. the levels of DK: Jungle Beat (a game i never played) scrolled as well so its not as much of a total ripoff off of the ICs as most choose to believe

2. THE ICs ARE NOT DE-CONFIRMED...for God's sake people if melee can have two sideways-scrolling levels (pokefloats and rainbow cruise), why cant brawl have two upward scrolling levels? stop being narrow-minded

3. agreed, this is a dry and lame update. yet another stage ill block out of VS mode completely. predictions for tonight?

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
It is my staunch belief that NO ONE that has been in SSB64 would EVER leave. None have yet. Is it really that hard to add 10, even 15 newcomers without dropping even half that many from the previous roster? I just wonder if Luigi will finally gain "starter" status after being the only hidden character for two consecutive games.
I think your right. SSB64 had all the representatives from nintendo games in it, melee had a couple new representatives but mostly just sidekicks and other characters from those genres. I think Brawl will have a lot more representatives to promote all the new wii games coming out.

RDK

Smash Hero
And Adder, Icey's are NOT weak. They're really good characters if you know how to use them properly(desynch, etc). I dunno what it is with characters like ICs and PEach being perceived as bad characters. Buffing Icey's would break the semblance of balance that they have. God, and people ***** about how they're broken now... >_>
He says that because he's not taking into consideration the metagame-aspect of the Ice Climbers, which is because he doesn't use advanced techs....which is why he's in Dawn Patrol...

Too late--they have already begun their insidious spam-fest of doom, posting their one-line opinions on the update without even reading the posts before them, and at the same time, damming everyone else's opinions to opinion hell.

Del Money

Smash Champion
He says that because he's not taking into consideration the metagame-aspect of the Ice Climbers, which is because he doesn't use advanced techs....which is why he's in Dawn Patrol...
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA...i dunno though from what i can see (though not much) Blackadder seems fairly experienced and typically (apart from that last post) knows what hes talking about
Too late--they have already begun their insidious spam-fest of doom, posting their one-line opinions on the update without even reading the posts before them, and at the same time, damming everyone else's opinions to opinion hell.
i know right? am i gonna have to repost?...i think so

1. the levels of DK: Jungle Beat (a game i never played) scrolled as well so its not as much of a total ripoff off of the ICs as most choose to believe

2. THE ICs ARE NOT DE-CONFIRMED...for God's sake people if melee can have two sideways-scrolling levels (pokefloats and rainbow cruise), why cant brawl have two upward scrolling levels? stop being narrow-minded

3. agreed, this is a dry and lame update. yet another stage ill block out of VS mode completely. predictions for tonight?
oh and good update tonight FTW *expects 1337marth or h1roshi to pop in any second now*

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
There's a hell for opinions?

RDK has just altered the cosmology of the known world. You, sir, win at life. :laugh:

As for Blackadder, I'm gonna side with RDK on this one. Ice Climbers are far from freakin' weak. I only wavedash and L-Cancel with the IC's and I still kick *** with them (I can desynch, but it's constrained to performing smash attacks). There's a reason why they are where they're at in standing to the tier lists. People frequently win with them at tournies.

Smooth Criminal

Del Money

Smash Champion
lol i exxpect 1337marth or h1roshi and instead i get Smooth Criminal...the fates are smiling. anyway its still early but update predictions anyone?

RDK

Smash Hero
As for Blackadder, I'm gonna side with RDK on this one. Ice Climbers are far from freakin' weak. I only wavedash and L-Cancel with the IC's and I still kick *** with them (I can desynch, but it's constrained to performing smash attacks). There's a reason why they are where they're at in standing to the tier lists. People frequently win with them at tournies.
Exactly my point.

oh and good update tonight FTW *expects 1337marth or h1roshi to pop in any second now*
Oh Christ!

*SETS UP SNIPER RIFLE IN WINDOW*

*AWAITS 1337 MARTH*

But seriously...about predictions...

Seeing as how me and Money were spot-on last night, I'm gonna have to think about this one so I don't tarnish my record...

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
What's on the top?
It's obvious that the stage will get really dark till the background goes completely black, at which point the tropical vines and wooden platforms are replaced with red girders, rolling barrels, and flames that move around to burn you, making the stage much harder and more retro! Not only that, but the music will change appropriately to a remix of the Donkey Kong Arcade theme done with a full orchestra and 8-bit tones synchronized.

Only Nintendo could come up with such a twist! Of course, you'll have to be playing on that stage for at least 5 minutes before it begins to transit to that point.

~Old Man Nintendo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
lol i exxpect 1337marth or h1roshi and instead i get Smooth Criminal...the fates are smiling. anyway its still early but update predictions anyone?
:)

I'll take a crack at it. I'm gonna guess that it's gonna be a character update---for Metaknight. Or Captain Falcon. Either one of those guys. I'm actually hoping for the latter, believe it or not; we all know that Metaknight's in the game. I wanna see me some more veterans!

Smooth Criminal

Del Money

Smash Champion
i know right? character profile is not likely. another stage is EVEN LESS likely....its either an AT, a typical item, a final smash, how-to-play, or special moves *disappointed in ability to narrow down but dons his sniper rifle nonetheless*

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm going to have to say either Kirby's FS, or a Metaknight character update.

Leaning more towards the FS.

(BTW: we're each allowed to have two guesses, one more than the other >_<)

*disappointed in ability to narrow down but dons his sniper rifle nonetheless*
Lol.

I completely forgot about items...

But I'm still sticking w/ my first two guesses.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
There's a reason why they are where they're at in standing to the tier lists. People frequently win with them at tournies.
No they don't. Unless by People, you mean Chu, Wobbles, and Hochi

And Sandtiger, YOU can die in a fire. Falco's only good for SHL and broken spikes. >_>

/sarcasm

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
:)

I'll take a crack at it. I'm gonna guess that it's gonna be a character update---for Metaknight. Or Captain Falcon. Either one of those guys. I'm actually hoping for the latter, believe it or not; we all know that Metaknight's in the game. I wanna see me some more veterans!

Smooth Criminal
I agree that it will be a characer update... but for Snake. Face it, everyone forgot about him already, so Sakurai will piss us off once again.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
i know right? character profile is not likely. another stage is EVEN LESS likely....its either an AT, a typical item, a final smash, how-to-play, or special moves *disappointed in ability to narrow down but dons his sniper rifle nonetheless*
More B-moves would be kinda cool. I'd like to see what kind of changes (if any) Sakurai and Company have made to the returning cast.

* Rather than speculate further, he silently wonders why Del and RDK are donning high-caliber weaponry...*

RDK

Smash Hero
Falco's only good for SHL and broken spikes. >_>
*GASPS* Die in a fire!

I would welcom a B-move update.

* Rather than speculate further, he silently wonders why Del and RDK are donning high-caliber weaponry...*
...ssshhhh....we're being hunted.....over there--to the left...

*RAPTOR JUMPS FROM BUSHES*

AAAHHH!

Lol, jk. We're n00b hunting. This guy named 1337 Marth keeps spamming our threads to death.

Del Money

Smash Champion
No they don't. Unless by People, you mean Chu, Wobbles, and Hochi

And Sandtiger, YOU can die in a fire. Falco's only good for SHL and broken spikes. >_>

/sarcasm
1. ICs played right can pwn just about anyone when played right *lol cant you say redundant?*. my fox sucked againt a good ICs but my DK beat them...lol
2. you forgot those so to painful shine-spike combos...and the annoying to edgeguard forward+B when i play as fox and occassionally have my n00ob moments
I agree that it will be a characer update... but for Snake. Face it, everyone forgot about him already, so Sakurai will piss us off once again.
Snake is 3rd party, but hes appeared in more than enough screenshots and trailers that it might be dumb to make him unlockable or hideable for that matter. how can you hide the highlight of the first brawl trailer?
More B-moves would be kinda cool. I'd like to see what kind of changes (if any) Sakurai and Company have made to the returning cast.
true but what more can you do outside of up, down, and side+B's. maybe if the Gamecube and Wii had a clickable analong stick...
for one-line spammers that believe themselves to be...lol..."1337"

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so heres my take on the update:

Somwhat good, but wasnt worth waiting til 12 am, which I did, I mean cool a DK stage with HOPEFULLY NO dk rap, still the stage reminds me too much of the IC stage, and thus will be pretty much banned from tourneys anyway...

Thin is for the last 3-4 stages we have had all the stages on a friday, now why on a monday? Im guessing were gettin the next part of This world... IMO anyway...

RDK

Smash Hero
Thin is for the last 3-4 stages we have had all the stages on a friday, now why on a monday? Im guessing were gettin the next part of This world... IMO anyway...
I highly doubt Sakurai will elaborate on that piece of work...

I think he'd rather keep us hanging, and have the suspense almost-kill us so he can defibrilate us with a *****in' character update...

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ok so heres my take on the update:
no one cares...lol jk
Somwhat good, but wasnt worth waiting til 12 am, which I did, I mean cool a DK stage with HOPEFULLY NO dk rap, still the stage reminds me too much of the IC stage, and thus will be pretty much banned from tourneys anyway...
ok...but if you even suggest the ICs are de-confirmed...i will point my sniper at you
WHHAAAAA? no, no, NO. theres a reason its called suspense. i think Sakurai would be quite of himself leaving us hanging on something so trivial as the 1-P mode...especially since after most of us play it and unlock the characters...we'll probably never play it again (unless its pretty damm good)
I highly doubt Sakurai will elaborate on that piece of work...
QFT
I think he'd rather keep us hanging, and have the suspense almost-kill us so he can defibrilate us with a *****in' character update...
you mean tonight? maybe a special moves or FS...but not a cahracter profile i dont think (and hopefully not zelda's special moves either *waits patient for ethan...*)

RDK

Smash Hero
Don't even get me started on Zelda updates...

Ethanrodgers, STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!

you mean tonight?
No.

Tonigt, it's going to be a FS (Kirb's). Or an item. >_<

Del Money

Smash Champion
Don't even get me started on Zelda updates...

Ethanrodgers, STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!
that pisses you off too?

Tonigt, it's going to be a FS (Kirb's). Or an item. >_<
****ing items
anyone realize that there has been no mention of Meta-Knight since the "combo" update?
yes but his ship was in the update pics from Friday. who else would be on it? patience, we'll get a meta-knight update fairly soon i think

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, we finally get to see a banned stage!

Old Man Nintendo said:
It's obvious that the stage will get really dark till the background goes completely black, at which point the tropical vines and wooden platforms are replaced with red girders, rolling barrels, and flames that move around to burn you, making the stage much harder and more retro! Not only that, but the music will change appropriately to a remix of the Donkey Kong Arcade theme done with a full orchestra and 8-bit tones synchronized.
I'm sure you aren't being serious but this is actually what I thought/hoped it might be.

Sandy

Smash Champion
And Sandtiger, YOU can die in a fire. Falco's only good for SHL and broken spikes.
Falco is also good for Top Tier.

My guess is that at the top of Rumble Falls, the mountain hosting the waterfall will explode, and all of the battlers have to fight at the bottom before the mountain regenerates, just a thought.

RDK

Smash Hero
Falco is also good for Top Tier.
QFT.

If this stage scrolls, it's going to be banned. If it doesn't, sweet.
Actually, I don't know why all of you are saying it will be banned...so what if it scrolls a little? How would that make it an insta-ban? That's just dumb...

Icicle Mountain was a different story--but this seems okay.

My guess is that at the top of Rumble Falls, the mountain hosting the waterfall will explode, and all of the battlers have to fight at the bottom before the mountain regenerates, just a thought.
That would be sweet...

Or you can doe something to make the mountain explode while people are climbing, and they fall to their doom. Lol, jk.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
there's gotta be a way to go back down to the bottom. i don't think sakurai will make one continuous stage. yes i know icicle mountian did that, but it had a repeated pattern so it could continually scroll. DK has an end to the waterfall, so that tells us it will just continue going up with the stage changing, but it has to eventually hit the top and restart at the bottom, unless sakurai makes the stage last for 99 minutes, which i doubt

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah, we finally get to see a banned stage!
darn the mods are here...time to tone down the swearing
I'm sure you aren't being serious but this is actually what I thought/hoped it might be.
actually im hoping this update proves that therell be more DK stages cuz as of right now, this one seriously take it

@SandTiger

your sig kills me every time. *lol SIGKILL - idiot programming joke*. anyways i havent even seen 300 yet. perhaps i should get on that

RDK

Smash Hero
You haven't seen 300? Watch it now.

Lol, Sandtiger--love the sig.

CHARGE UR LAZR SHOOP DA WHOOP lol.

RDK

Smash Hero
Lol...thnx SandTiger.

there's gotta be a way to go back down to the bottom. i don't think sakurai will make one continuous stage. yes i know icicle mountian did that, but it had a repeated pattern so it could continually scroll. DK has an end to the waterfall, so that tells us it will just continue going up with the stage changing, but it has to eventually hit the top and restart at the bottom, unless sakurai makes the stage last for 99 minutes, which i doubt
I highly doubt the stage is that long, but I still don't see why it would be banned (unless the scrolling is as bad as Icicle Mountain). It seems like a fairly stable stage.

Climbing though? WTF? Any thoughts on that?

Del Money

Smash Champion
You guyz are gonna kill me HAHAHAHAHA:laugh:
and your sig is gonna killed me hahahah...those dont look like construction workers but more like....oh never mind
I highly doubt the stage is that long, but I still don't see why it would be banned (unless the scrolling is as bad as Icicle Mountain). It seems like a fairly stable stage.

Climbing though? WTF? Any thoughts on that?
any stages where you can die from the top, bottom, or either side without being touched by the opponent (other than Dreamland 64) is essential ban-worthy IMO. as for climbing...its probably a bad idea cuz it makes you perfectly vulnerable for bo-bomb target practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom