• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's a Chaingrab: An Eskimownage Video (Completed, ENJOY)

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2-7vMdsqA

Hey guys, it has been a long time since I have been on this board....almost the whole summer and then some. But don't fear, I have never stopped maining the Eskimoes and have been through many alts, and secondaries and thirdaries(:/), lol but have never strayed from the IC's.

I feel I play them a little differently than most of the higher up players, not that I'm a top player, but I do feel I have some skills. My style is....NO CHAINGRABS whatsoever....with the exception of grab smashing...that's to critical to give up. But I never infinite, and never go beyond a grab or two in a row with Nana and Popo....rhymed for the sake of ryming :). It's not only choice, I hold it of high value....plus when you own a MK, or GW without CG's...they can't complain or ***** about it, which is nice!

Well I found that even without CG's and Infinites and 0-deaths...the IC's can still own. So, I have begun the process of making an IC ownage video (Eskimownage...:p) and have alot of clips, and a great program to do it in. I just wanted to let you guys know so I can post here when it is done...and get some feedback, or if you guys have any feedback right and think its stupid or a good idea just let me know.

Also, I will admit in advance....I don't desynch either that often, if it happens it happens, but i never really intentionally do it. I know i should...and this would open my game up even more...but i still feel what I can do with the synched move-set works very well and fits my style...but i will work on this, for I do intend to attend tournies fairly soon.

DISCLAIMER: This is my first video, and I am trying really hard to make it BA, so don't expect super duper editing and perfect video quality, lol. And I also know I'm not the best there is...far from it, but I'm making this video for the sake of showing people that IC's deserve high tier or higher with or without CG's.

Thanks in advance.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i play a similar way, except that if i can grab them at the edge than i'll to a fthrow -> fair.... but thats about the extent of my grab combos.

i'm really looking forward to watching this. even back in melee i didn't rely so much on CGs as i did desyncs. good job on joining the rest of us who don't use CGs. awesome job in advance. :D

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
It's coming along...i got about 4:30 of video right now...im finding this is a different video than most combo videos out there. I'm leaving in some extra stuff in brawls to show im not playing nubs, and plus the Eskimownage truly occurs over the course of taking your enemies stock. So, its not just short spurts of amazing combos...i think some of my true abilities are shown in this vid and hopefully you will all appreiciate that.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hurry it up! i wanna see this. plus, with this i get a REAL ic combo vid, not some string of cgs showing 0-deaths for 5 minutes.....

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
you shut up and go back to BP. we don't want you here, you trolling jack ***!
Ah, but I'm having so much fun here! :chuckle:

After all, when I'm here I can talk about things that are worth it, I can improve my skills, and maybe even get a few matches out of it. Oh, and of course there's messing with you, you silly little hothead.

Ah.......so much fun to be had.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ah, but I'm having so much fun here! :chuckle:

After all, when I'm here I can talk about things that are worth it, I can improve my skills, and maybe even get a few matches out of it. Oh, and of course there's messing with you, you silly little hothead.

Ah.......so much fun to be had.
i wouldn't give you the satisfaction.... oh wait, **** IT!

K 2

Smash Lord
I can't wait to see this vid. I have a similar playstyle...no chaingrabs! That's only because I can't chaingrab though -.-

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2-7vMdsqA

Here's a link to my refreshing IC video...not your typical video...you won't find any chain grabs in there. My first video, so be wary of editing. And also, i left alot of extra garbage in there to show my opponnents are not noobs.

Also, Eskimownage, by my definition that i now invent, lol means....total ownage over a period of a stock or more.....so the ownage may not take place in on string of moves but over a full life...you'll see what i mean after watching it.

ENJOY!!!

Sorry it took so long, i tried to get it perfect...but thats not possible. Lol, all this response...and i just happen to finish it tonight, lol.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2-7vMdsqA

Here's a link to my refreshing IC video...not your typical video...you won't find any chain grabs in there. My first video, so be wary of editing. And also, i left alot of extra garbage in there to show my opponnents are not noobs.

Also, Eskimownage, by my definition that i now invent, lol means....total ownage over a period of a stock or more.....so the ownage may not take place in on string of moves but over a full life...you'll see what i mean after watching it.

ENJOY!!!

Sorry it took so long, i tried to get it perfect...but thats not possible. Lol, all this response...and i just happen to finish it tonight, lol.
So, I just watched this vid, and I have to say, most of the people you played were kinda bad. Since Ike and Ganondorf are two of my mains, I can most definitely state that the guys playing them were barely decent. And in one part of the Falco, the guy actually attempted to grab the ICs. Instant DQ.

It also saddens me to see so many people ignoring the basic principle of fighting the Icies. Seperate, seperate, divide and bloody conquer.

And on a final note, I would most definitely like to see a vid of you facing a good Zelda.

Denzi

Smash Master
IC's aren't that bad without their chaingrabs... just way worse than they are with them.
In other words, I don't get it.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I wasn't insulting his skills. He's actually pretty **** good. I'm just saying that his statement that the people he showed in the video were good wasn't totally true. There were some okay people, some good people, and some just plain awesome people.

Tbqh, I thought that the most technical and mindgaming skill in the video actually came in the form of that one guy who used Peach and Zelda so well. Oh, and can't forget that Weegee.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Lol, well as for the peach and Zelda...that was me...said so in the credits

and the luigi is a clanmate of mine who is quite nasty and one of the best luigi's out i'd think, also...to say they are good...is not a lie...they just may not have been using their best characters or had a bad game.

And i know...my IC's can be so much better than they are now..i have to work on mind games and desynching

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
No, but i know a few good Zelda's, one imparticular who used to help with Zelda in the beginning. Ill ask him for a few matches and maybe post the vids or something. I do have a vid of me 4 stocking a zelda...may not be a great zelda but its still a feat with the IC's, lol.

Sorry, if the credits rolled to fast or something...like i said..first vid haha

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
No, but i know a few good Zelda's, one imparticular who used to help with Zelda in the beginning. Ill ask him for a few matches and maybe post the vids or something. I do have a vid of me 4 stocking a zelda...may not be a great zelda but its still a feat with the IC's, lol.

Sorry, if the credits rolled to fast or something...like i said..first vid haha
It's not that they scrolled fast or anything, I just didn't see where it said that you were the Peach and Zelda. Meh, 'tev. Good vid.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
lol, i don't consider that a chaingrab....althougth by def it may be....but when i say no chaingrabs i really mean no IC infinites, and zero deaths. The solo popo d throw isn't special, its easy to escape, avoid...and its solo popo...he shouldn't be around long enough for that, lol

so yeah, i guess you could say its a cg...but come on.........

Miller

Smash Lord
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2-7vMdsqA

Hey guys, it has been a long time since I have been on this board....almost the whole summer and then some. But don't fear, I have never stopped maining the Eskimoes and have been through many alts, and secondaries and thirdaries(:/), lol but have never strayed from the IC's.

I feel I play them a little differently than most of the higher up players, not that I'm a top player, but I do feel I have some skills. My style is....NO CHAINGRABS whatsoever....with the exception of grab smashing...that's to critical to give up. But I never infinite, and never go beyond a grab or two in a row with Nana and Popo....rhymed for the sake of ryming :). It's not only choice, I hold it of high value....plus when you own a MK, or GW without CG's...they can't complain or ***** about it, which is nice!

Well I found that even without CG's and Infinites and 0-deaths...the IC's can still own. So, I have begun the process of making an IC ownage video (Eskimownage...:p) and have alot of clips, and a great program to do it in. I just wanted to let you guys know so I can post here when it is done...and get some feedback, or if you guys have any feedback right and think its stupid or a good idea just let me know.

Also, I will admit in advance....I don't desynch either that often, if it happens it happens, but i never really intentionally do it. I know i should...and this would open my game up even more...but i still feel what I can do with the synched move-set works very well and fits my style...but i will work on this, for I do intend to attend tournies fairly soon.

DISCLAIMER: This is my first video, and I am trying really hard to make it BA, so don't expect super duper editing and perfect video quality, lol. And I also know I'm not the best there is...far from it, but I'm making this video for the sake of showing people that IC's deserve high tier or higher with or without CG's.

Thanks in advance.
Haha man, I never realized your in WT, I know Bug irl, he lives close to me.

K 2

Smash Lord
what's up with the luigi three stocking you? I thought this was Eskimownage, not Eskimown'd

K 2

Smash Lord
for laughs and being humble...i can own, but i also get owned :p
Ohhh ok. Most "combo" videos have that at the end. Usually something like "brawlers who appeared in the video:" follow by the person's name and a short clip of them owning the guy or something. Nice stuff, but the organization was a bit random. Zelda, Marth, and Peach randomly appeared throughout and it confused me a bit...Overall, not bad 7/10

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Where did the "You must recover" quote come from? My friend coincidentally is using that quote too and I found that weird how it was also in the video...
It was from the Dojo...pre release of Brawl. One of the infamous lines that Sakurai put up there when talking about aspects of the game and gameplay.

YOU MUST RECOVER

There is no time to ponder such things, for link has just grabbed a smash ball...

things to that extent, lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

i try to make it a point not to agree with Salty, but this time he's right....

the best person i saw you playing was that luigi. the ganon was way off most of the time and that marth was wasting a lot of time on his recoveries.... overall i'd say it was alright, but could use some work. you used squall a lot of times for an entrance when letting them come to you would have been better/ lead to better attack opportunities...

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet

i try to make it a point not to agree with Salty, but this time he's right....

the best person i saw you playing was that luigi. the ganon was way off most of the time and that marth was wasting a lot of time on his recoveries.... overall i'd say it was alright, but could use some work. you used squall a lot of times for an entrance when letting them come to you would have been better/ lead to better attack opportunities...
You've been having long winters.

Top Bottom