• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you name the new smash title?

ArchMageDiablo

Smash Cadet
I have to admit im a little disappointed that these games are just called "Super Smash Brothers 3ds" and "Super Smash Brothers Wii U".

We had Melee, then Brawl, what synonym would you use for these new games? Would each game have it's own subtitle or should both versions have the same name.

I remember rumors suggesting "Super Smash Brothers Universe" but to me that suggests some type of mmo, also it's not synonymous with Melee and Brawl.

I think the only word in that vein I can think of is "Skirmish", and that just doesn't sound good enough.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
any answer other than kerfuffle is wrong

rocksgo

Smash Rookie
I think giving it a number would be enough. (Don't you tell me "for" is a joke for "4". It's not, you know that)
Maybe the next one will be Super Smash Bros V. That would be nice.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
If I couldn't come up with anything, I would have just called it "Super Smash Bros. 4" like everyone calls it. Wait.. How about "Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs" or "Super Smash Bros. Rumpus"?

Nah. I'm screwing around. How about... For a serious title, it could be like "Super Smash Bros. Clash" or something of the sort.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Super Smash Bros. Cloned Title.

Morbi

Scavenger
Super Smash Brothers: Deadly Alliance :4jigglypuff:

I honestly do not mind Super Smash Brothers 4. If they had to add another word to further distinguish it, Super Smash Sisters would be the way to go.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Super Smash Bros: Fire (3DS), and Super Smash Bros.: Ice (Wii U).

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
It want to take a second to talk about the name for those that don't get it. Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. I'm sure a few people have already noticed the pun. Super Smash Brothers "4" Nintendo 3DS/Wii U. I actually love that pun and I really wouldn't change it.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL 2

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
If I couldn't come up with anything, I would have just called it "Super Smash Bros. 4" like everyone calls it. Wait.. How about "Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs" or "Super Smash Bros. Rumpus"?

Nah. I'm screwing around. How about... For a serious title, it could be like "Super Smash Bros. Clash" or something of the sort.
I'm liking the fisticuffs answer

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
Super Smash Bros. Roughhousing

But in all seriousness though, Super Smash Bros. Showdown

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
Smash Super Bros for the Nintendo Vita U 360 with Ad Block

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Something tells me they wouldn't name a smash game "rumble" due to the pokemon rumble series, but that coul just be me. :p

But pokemans.
It'd be like homage lol

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Super Smash Bros Tussle, with Mario in the cover sporting Josh's fighting stance from Drake and Josh

thepandabros

Smash Rookie
I have to admit im a little disappointed that these games are just called "Super Smash Brothers 3ds" and "Super Smash Brothers Wii U".

We had Melee, then Brawl, what synonym would you use for these new games? Would each game have it's own subtitle or should both versions have the same name.

I remember rumors suggesting "Super Smash Brothers Universe" but to me that suggests some type of mmo, also it's not synonymous with Melee and Brawl.

I think the only word in that vein I can think of is "Skirmish", and that just doesn't sound good enough.
Super smash bros battle royal ;)

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I personally like the sound of "Super Smash Bros. Clash". Especially if they had the title announcer like in Melee.

*hyper-enthusiastic and loud* "SUPER SMASH BROTHEEERS" *quiet and dangerous* "Clash..."

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I've always been a fan of Super Smash Bros Duel, for the pun on dual (geddit, there's two games!). Clash, Universe, or Showdown could also be okay, though.

In end, I'm glad they settled on Smash 4, since they truly were running out of cool fight words. The following are the only words I could even find for possibilities: Fight, Battle, Duel, Tussle, Skirmish, Showdown, Rumble, Clash, Bash, Scuffle, Scrap, Kerfuffle, Quarrel, Struggle, and Free-for-All.

Contrary

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros: Skirmish
Super Smash Bros: Quarrel

I guess this is why they didn't keep up with it.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
The original said Melee on the back and Melee had Brawl on the back. Brawl had a verb (collide) instead, and the new ones have boring names, ending the chain. Now I can't think of any.

Last edited:
Top Bottom