• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

Mewter

Smash Master
Once I had a dream where the entire neighborhood was zombie infected, and there was always a risk of invasion in my house. I would probably hole up in my house and take uninfected people in to form a band of survivors. It's so late, and this freaks me out a lot right now.:laugh:
There are two scenarios:
1) Hide by myself and starve to death.
2) Form a defense squad and engage in combat.
I won't go to a supermarket, because I assume there will be zombies in there.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
First assemble a league of my friends.
Next gather all the cats in a tri-state area.
Third find enough shovels to last us.

When a zombie is seen in the perimeter of our base we allow it to approach. Then when close enough we throw the cat in front of the zombie. When the zombie bends down to pick the cat up I hit it in the head with a shovel. oh and if we run out of food we always have the cats.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I will create a base with walls that prevent most things from coming inside. If the zombies do get inside then the base will be strategically engineered to funnel the zombies into coming through only ONE direction. Giving us more time to control the defensive breach.

slave1

Smash Lord
First assemble a league of my friends.
Next gather all the cats in a tri-state area.
Third find enough shovels to last us.

When a zombie is seen in the perimeter of our base we allow it to approach. Then when close enough we throw the cat in front of the zombie. When the zombie bends down to pick the cat up I hit it in the head with a shovel. oh and if we run out of food we always have the cats.
what...? that is the craziest idea for a survival plan yet. sounds a little risky. and what if the zombies dont care about the cats

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
what...? that is the craziest idea for a survival plan yet. sounds a little risky. and what if the zombies dont care about the cats
Well if they don't care for cat. I'll just ask, "Sir/Madam would you like to try our our mutton chops pie (secretly made with cat. I learned it from a Chinese restaurant down the street. Cat tastes just like any other meat depending on how much MSG is laced. Or LSD that works too.)"

Then they ask, "Is it kosher?"

And i reply,"yes.(no it's not)"

Finally I hit 'em in the face with a shovel.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Well if they don't care for cat. I'll just ask, "Sir/Madam would you like to try our our mutton chops pie (secretly made with cat. I learned it from a Chinese restaurant down the street. Cat tastes just like any other meat depending on how much MSG is laced. Or LSD that works too.)"

I support this plan.

slave1

Smash Lord

so your going to try to have a conversation with a zombie? i dont think they talk like normal people... or ask question.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Depends on the size of the outbreak. If things are looking rather bleak and it looks like I may have to spend the rest of my life in fear, then I'd fancy a quick game of Russian roulette. On the other hand, I do believe I'd opt to meet my maker anyway even if the uninfected emerge victorious. Why you ask? The clean up of course. Its the worst part of any bash and that goes double for one created by a wide scale zombie outbreak. See ya in the afterlife.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Depends on the size of the outbreak. If things are looking rather bleak and it looks like I may have to spend the rest of my life in fear, then I'd fancy a quick game of Russian roulette. On the other hand, I do believe I'd opt to meet my maker anyway even if the uninfected emerge victorious. Why you ask? The clean up of course. Its the worst part of any bash and that goes double for one created by a wide scale zombie outbreak. See ya in the afterlife.
What? Giving up?

But what can be more epic than dying a glorious death, raining bullets and destruction onto the hostile swarm of zombies that climb the hill where you make your last stand. What can be more glorious than finally running out of bullets, and even then keep on fighting, pummeling the *** rotting mother******* with your gun and bare fists. When, as you lay on your back, blood seeping from your body while the infection seeps into it, you pull out the pin of a grenade you fished out from your back pocket to blow as many ****ed undead as you can, giving your loved ones a chance of survival, knowing that you will go down as a hero?

Only dying of an orgasm beats that.

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
so your going to try to have a conversation with a zombie? i dont think they talk like normal people... or ask question.
Hmm. i see your point. What if instead of asking them if they would like the pie I just tossed it to the Zombie. if it bends down then I hit it. If not there will be a pitfall with a paper mache person on it so when they attack it they will fall and we'll drop a shovel on it.

p.s. I was playing C.O.D. world at war and the nazi zombie level. That's a double negative right. Not only are they zombies but Nazis?!? If I know my math that makes it a positive. And so forth if nazi zombies invade I'll just laugh for hours.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What? Giving up?

But what can be more epic than dying a glorious death, raining bullets and destruction onto the hostile swarm of zombies that climb the hill where you make your last stand. What can be more glorious than finally running out of bullets, and even then keep on fighting, pummeling the *** rotting mother******* with your gun and bare fists. When, as you lay on your back, blood seeping from your body while the infection seeps into it, you pull out the pin of a grenade you fished out from your back pocket to blow as many ****ed undead as you can, giving your loved ones a chance of survival, knowing that you will go down as a hero?

Know what? I've always wondered what sex with a zombie would be like. I'll go out discovering how it is.

Random kids: "Ewwwwww"

slave1

Smash Lord
What? Giving up?

he's on my team. if he can manage to go out that bad A** than he will be a great hero to man kind

Darkslash

Smash Master
I need to build a Haro. Haro will save me, like every Gundam protagonist.

WHAT WOMEN!
No one gets my what women line..

@~Krystal~

Girl or guy?

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Being I live in the country, a zombie outbreak would be terrifying in the woods at night... especially all the zombie dogs / horses / bulls.
I'd put my sword to use and try to stay alive for as long as I can.

...Untill it breaks. Then I would cry and hope the zombies would pity me. Give them my wallet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I would write hilarious graffiti!

But seriously, we've got a small island nearish that's a holiday hotspot, I'd try and head there and hope the zombies dont remember that they dont need to breathe and could just walk over. :)

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I'd probaly stock up on guns and ammo at my near by Sports Authority and wait it out. If the waiting lasted forever I'd try to get out of the city or even the state, but it would probaly be hard to do. If it came down to facing death I would make a last stand and kill off as many of the zombies I can until I either run out of ammo and weapons or get caught by them. Killing myself would be kind of lame =/

slave1

Smash Lord
I would write hilarious graffiti!

But seriously, we've got a small island nearish that's a holiday hotspot, I'd try and head there and hope the zombies dont remember that they dont need to breathe and could just walk over. :)
you have an island? holy crap. what are the supplies like there. there is food (fish) but is there a stream on the island, or do they sell salt water converters. id move to Mic's place

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Theres only one thing to do at a time like this.. Learn the language of the zombies, earn their trust and bread with their women, and in time our differences will be forgetten.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Theres only one thing to do at a time like this.. Learn the language of the zombies, earn their trust and bread with their women, and in time our differences will be forgetten.
That's disgusting lol.

And your plan probably wouldn't work, since you are fresh food and they don't have the brain cells to spare to even have a language.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Patinator's PAT-ented Zombie Outbreak Plan

Don't worry, my puns are not part of it.

This follows the same, what to call it... Q&A thing as McFox's reply on the first page.

PREPARE FOR A LONG POST.

A flesh-feasting bugger stumbles into your room. What do you do?

Forget long-term planning. How do you escape your room when he blocks the door? Weapons? Diversion? Window? What's your escape?

Well, if I’m to base this off of how things are as I type this… I’ve got a few options.

My house, though sizeable, has very, very few walls- they line the perimeter, bathroom, pantry, and… That’s it. I could easily hear it coming up to my room, though I spend most of my time in the living room.

For means of simply escaping…

If I were upstairs, I COULD jump from one of four windows, but it’s a two-story-level house, so that’d hurt QUITE a bit. Possibly murder my legs…

I could also jump over the rail that lines the ‘hallway’ between rooms, landing on the loveseat or couch. From there, I could go outside and rush to my neighbor, Shane, to the north, a mere… I’m no good judge of distance, but perhaps an acre, two-hundred feet? More on Mr. Godsey later.

If I were downstairs, I could do the same things as above, minus the jumping. If there were zombies blocking the doors, then I’d resort to the… Heh… Actual fun method of zombie survival…

I’ll start with downstairs when it comes to fighting back.

If I were in the living room… Aside from throwing things, such as a sharp-headed lamp, using a lamp itself (AWESOME), etc., we’ve got four fireplace tools, only three of which would be useful though. A log-grabber, which I could poke with or crush a zombie’s neck with, a coal shovel, self-explanatory, and a fire-poker, which would be akin to a weightier rapier. All are about two and a half, three feet long.

If I were in the bathroom, one of two rooms with a door, I’d be out of luck for the most part. I’d try to barricade the door with SOMETHING, and jump out the window. There’s a shower curtain rod, but that’s pretty much it. No, kiddies, plungers don’t work.

If I somehow couldn’t use the lamps and whatnot in the living room… There are an absolutely large menagerie of harmful objects in the literally hop-skip-and-a-jump-away kitchen, as to be expected- I’ve often entertained myself wondering how many things there are to kill someone or yourself with in a kitchen…

These things range from big butcher knife-like knives, to a sturdy wooden dowel rod, to a frying pan. And I’m not even a princess. ;)

But I wouldn’t choose those. Though I’ve sadly never touched a gun… There’s a beautiful .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol on the refrigerator that belongs to my father. With training in the future, I could easily (Hopefully) wipe out zombies that come near me. There’s a big table to hide behind as well.

Now that I think of it, there are many oddball things in the pantry- tons of canned stuff, my BB gun (u_u Yeah right), a rapier-like umbrella (:p), and I suppose you could use a telescope as a weapon…

There are empty glass bottles as well- fill those with gas, use a lighter and rolled-up paper towel or something, and bam- a makeshift makeshift grenade, AKA makeshift Molotov cocktail.

As for upstairs…

Though I really, really doubt a zombie could get past my good hearing coming up the stairs, who knows? That’s right, no one. There are fewer possible weapons upstairs, but the ones that exist are probably more deadly…

First off, there’s my mom’s computer. Sorry, ma, but my schooling means **** when there’s a zombie outbreak. Algebra won’t hardly help me in real life, neither will it do so in a zombie outbreak! D:

There are also dresser drawers and a small metal folding chair, AKA the weapon of champions. There’s a rolling computer desk chair as well, which is too heavy to pick up, but it could knock a zombie back down the stairs, or at least knock him OVER.

In my “parents’” room, there’s a closet filled with perfect distractions- tons of shoes and clothes. But even better…

…Is my father’s rifle, hidden in a closet. I don’t exactly know what it means, but he refers to it as a ‘.30-aut six’. As I said, I’m clueless as to the meaning of said phrase, but it’s a beautiful gun, with boxes, and boxes, and BOXES of ammo- he used it for elk and deer hunting, and he nearly used it for self-defense when we lived in Florida…

And that’s just inside. If I’m outside… I could probably escape pretty easily, but if I had to fight, well, that’s where the REAL fun would begin.

I swear, I could make a ‘101 Ways to Kill People with Household Objects’ book. Just beyond our porch is a metal stick with a sharp, pointed end. It holds our rain gauge.

There are light, but durable and long logs that separate our flower garden from the new grass my mother is trying to grow.

There are four-foot long wooden stakes that would act like a non-bendy rapier.

Bludgeon-friendly objects like logs, pieces of wood, or even BOARDS are all around our… Repository, as we refer to it over the crude word ‘shed’. *scoff*

And then, of course, there are the garden tools. If a zombie’s trying to get up, VROOM-VROOM, he gets tilled or lawn-mowed to pieces. Or, he gets his head hacked off with my axe or stabbed off with our pitchfork. The shovel’s a good all-around bludgeoning or chopping weapon, as is our metal rake with sharp tines.

Even with the vast amount of things listed above, ingenuity abounds more when needed for survival than when planning.

Alright. So you've escaped your room and told me how.

Five minutes to grab some items from your house. Take your pick!

I’ll assume my father and mother are still alive, and present.

We’ve got a few traveling bags and suitcases we good fill to the brim with canned food. We don’t have a way to keep water, but I’m sure there’s someone around here who does. Well, actually, we’ve always got, at maximum, six jugs of milk, so there’s six gallons of water right there.

My axe, our pitchfork, all the gun ammunition my father has and his guns, about three changes of clothes, and most of the stuff in our pantry. It’d either get stuffed in our car trunk, or backseat.

Entertainment would be good too, so we would probably bring my game systems, laptop, chargers, and a neighbor’s television since ours is too large to realistically fit safely in our car.

Within those five minutes, I’m sure one of us would go up to Shane’s. Shane’s a hunter, and as such I’m sure he has plenty of guns and ammunition, perfect for such an occurrence.

There’s also my friend’s family; they’re like two minutes on foot, while Shane’s less than one, said family lives just behind Shane. They’re farmers, so they have gardening stuff- tractors, tools… You name it. My pal’s grandfather has a sword, it reminds me of a samurai sword, so that’d be good, I don’t think it’s real though. u_u

About two minutes by car, a minute if you’re fast, are two more neighbors. One family has a school bus driver, so that’d be REALLY good. The other two have a bunch of tools laying about their yard, like a sledgehammer, along with a van.

Oh, the family of the bus driver is big on hunting, so more guns. Yay.

I don’t know about many others around here, but everyone’s close, so it’d be easy to get everyone to get their stuff together, meet up, and go. Some of our neighbors have cell phones too, so that’s also a plus.

Okay, your five minutes are up and you have to get out. Time to find a safe haven.

What's your haven? I have a long-term zombie plan, but there's no time for it if a zombie just got in my room. You need a big safe haven with all the supplies you'll need for the years it'll take the zombies to rot/starve. Arranged in order of increasing zombie urgency... (if you choose to make one, pick one pit stop per haven)

Haven #1

Caution - Just enough zombies everywhere to put any long-term plans to rest, but enough to travel at least half an hour.

Considering no one’s gonna get in the way of a BUS (Humans anyway. Some humans. Heh.), and the direness of the situation, we could very easily speed to the nearby Piggly Wiggly semi-supermarket, which is in the middle of the actual town part of Decatur. Dollar General, Hardy’s, and plenty of gas stations are nearby. We could make it here in ten minutes or less if we went as fast as possible.

But we could pretty easily make it to the larger, Wal-Mart equipped Athens within thirty minutes. We’d probably make a pit stop at some food store, maybe the Pig, getting gas at the same time with gas cans while the more lithe members of our group stand guard. That’s a good thing about having plenty of people in your survival group- you can get more stuff done faster.

We’d use either the Pig or Wal-Mart, preferably Wal-Mart, as our safe haven. Actually, we WOULD use Wal-Mart. We’d put up as much defensive stuff as we could. We’d pile up bags of fertilizer and the like to make a ‘wall’ in the garden center. TVs and other mechanical stuff would be noisy if knocked down, so that’d be great for another ‘wall’. We’d pile up shopping carts for walls in the front, and keep some for us to use as weapons.

And this Wal-Mart has a big selection on guns and stuff, so that’s great too.

Pit-Stop: As said before, we’d pick up all we could at the Piggly Wiggly and Dollar General, as fast as possible. With our large group, that’s like within five minutes, considering we’d just knock stuff into the buggies and not delicately put them in.

Now that I think about it, I think there’s a pyrotechnics shop or something somewhere around here. We could probably pick the shop owner and his stuff up.

Haven #2

Imminent - Travel time limited to half an hour or less:

If we hurried, we could probably make it to Wal-Mart in half an hour. A bus can get going pretty fast.

Pit-Stop: Same as before.

Haven #3

Danger! - Zombies are everywhere. Travel time limited to fifteen minutes.

If we didn’t make any stops, we MIGHT make about twenty minutes to Wal-Mart. If we don’t have that leeway, we’d just have to use the Piggly Wiggly, or maybe the Court House instead…

Pit-Stop: Yeah… No. We’d use the Pig if the Court House would be better, which it probably would be. Maybe. If we make with all haste, we could follow through with my plan involving the pyrotechnics guy, if he’s not just a figment of my imagination.

Haven #4

Abandon all hope - Travel time is limited to running distance. Two minutes by car, if that.

T-T-Two minutes by…?

My Wolf…

I’m not sure, but we could possibly make it to the south elementary school by then if we made absolutely no mistakes, and drove as fast as we could while remaining sane.

If we couldn’t do that, the closest thing we have to a fortress would be, umm… Sadly, a small log church, or one of our houses. That’s it.

Holing up in our houses would be easier, though. My house is very well-built, and Shane’s is pretty good too. It’s within easy visibility, so we could possibly split our group up.

Okay, picked your haven? 'Kay. Let's assume it's one of the less bleak Zombie Imminence levels and you have time to summon friends and family. Be warned: You don't have time to save the weak, not anymore. Think up your own skills and those of your closest friends and family... who could really help you if you had to survive the end of days? What role/skills do they have? It's time to assemble... your zombie posse.

Note: Try to figure out what role they play (not necessarily one of these I've listed or even one already seen in zombie lore), why they are essential in combating the undead, what skills they have, etc. And remember, this is limited to people you know well in real life and in your immediate city or township. No uncles from the East Coast, unless you live near said uncle on said Coast. Oh, and try to say where they'd get their weapons from.

I had listed this up there before I saw this. Heh. :p It’s not organized by role, but meh.

Me – Currently, I’m not terribly good when it comes to athleticism, but there’s power behind my swings. But the more people you have, the more manpower you’ve got. My weapons of choice would be some sort of handgun, like a pistol, and either my axe, or some sort of sharp weapon.

Justin – My best friend. He’s much more fit than me, and could probably wield what I can. He may even have some kind of shooting experience, I don’t know. His weapons would be the farm tools and whatnot on his grandparents’ farm.

Carl, Shiela, and their sons – Carl’s a hunter, as are his sons. Shiela’s the bus driver, not good for much else, I’m sorry to say. I’m pretty sure Carl and his sons would have their own guns.

Shane and Kim – Shane’s a good hunter, I don’t know about Kim. They’ve got some pretty young kids at like less than five years of age, so we’d probably take them along just so they wouldn’t lose such precious things… Shane’s got his guns, and like I said, I don’t know about Kim.

Don and Dean - Yeah, we’d only bring Dean so Don would come. Don’s got a cell phone, and he’s the man with… A van. :p Dean and Don are kinda aged, and not very fit. I doubt they could do much but serve as manpower.

My parents - Though aged, my father is and has always been a fighter. Even when he was in a stupor of anesthesia, he was knocking doctors on their backs while he was in the hospital, heh-heh. My mom’s pretty lithe, and she could DEFINITELY pack a punch. ._.; I’m sure my dad would have his rifle, my mom may have the pistol. My father also knows at least SOMETHING about everything- he’s done gardening and carpentry since he was a kid and was in the Coast Guard. He’s a good mechanic as far as our needs would go, too.

Justin’s relatives – Peggy and Larry are Justin’s farming grandparents. I don’t know too much about their physical capabilities. His mother looks like she could probably put up a fight, if she had to… And I’ve never seen his new dad. u_u; His sister, Brittany… I don’t know about her, but she’s probably just as fit as Justin. I dunno about weapons here…

The fireworks guy – If he actually exists, you can guess his role in our group. Rockets and fireworks make for great weapons if the zombies are far away. Modern ballistae, baby!

And don’t doubt that I could easily think up more. One of my dad’s many strong points is his ability to think on his feet, and the rest of us could follow.

So there’s my Zombie Outbreak plan. Well, most of it. Remember Murphy’s Law, everyone. D:

This would be much different if we were talking about the planned future, though. Heh, what can I say? Alondite replica anyone? Yeah… B)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1. Get Left 4 Dead
2. Install the 'Fort Builder' mod
3. Get the custom 'Survival Mode' script someone made
4. Make a fort then run the script
5. ????
6. Profit!

Too much effort for me to try though :p

Oh, also look for 'Cottage of Doom' on google. It's an AMAZING game where you've got to try and hold out inside a little cottage by barricading windows and doors, and fixing them with wood.

EDIT:

Oh and ALSO, you must all read the manga 'Highschool of the Dead'. It's a manga that's all about a group of highschool kids trying to survive the zombie apocalypse together. It's really, REALLY good if you like Zombies and Manga. It's a massive tribute to Dawn of the Dead as well.

Oh yes, I've been preparing for this day for my entire life. As was said, Murphy's Law people.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oooh, I like the sound of that. We have to do it sometime!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For sure. I read about it before, but it requires a lot of file editing which I'm not too sure about. I guess I'll figure it out, lol. I really wanna get Gmod. But I need to really buy Orange Box first :(

I think one of the best Zombie games is Dead Rising. Honestly. Once you have survival mode, you have your ultimate survival game. You're in a Mall, you can barricade yourself in almost anywhere, and you HAVE to eat, so the game forces you to leave whatever safe place you've made to get food.

Basically you have the ability to jump, and the ability to pick up just about anything (including objects like benches which you could use to barricade with).

Seriously.

Also, get it for 360. The wii version pales in comparison.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I would find the smartest people still alive and through them in a cage for the zombie's cause they haven't already found a way to stop them thus dooming any chance humanity has to ending this out break

Top Bottom