• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would Opening Cinimatic Be Like?

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Every smash game has had a opening cinimatic so what do you guys think it would look or be like?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hard to say. Hopefully, it will lean more toward Melee's than Brawl's.

Cause' this is just legendary...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai might get lazy on the Opening Cinematic and just include clips from Newcomer Trailers and/or gameplay footage.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Melee's had the most unique footage, I guess, but the parts that just showed off in-game scenes were kinda lame. Brawl's just recycled everything from Subspace. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be fine to view a few times until people get tired and just mash Start.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think Sakurai might get lazy on the Opening Cinematic and just include clips from Newcomer Trailers and/or gameplay footage.
This is my bet as well. It will probably be a collage with parts of the first trailer + newcomer videos and some gameplay footage here and there.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I hope it's more like Melee's.
Melee had the most intense and creative opening out of the lot. I believe it's a lot more likely since they're making animations for all of these characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was operating under the assumption that we already saw it at e3 last year. Minus the Villager/Mega Man trailers, of course.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I'm guessing it'll be like the Smash Direct intro. I'd go nuts if we got an original one though, it'd be icing on the cake.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
As long as it's nothing like Brawl's lackluster opening cinematic which contained recycled Subspace Emissary cutscenes, I'll be happy.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a Melee Quality intro.
Would be awesome to have an original video again, not a fan of cut-up clips like Brawl.

Bonus points if they have that announcer shouting the game title too.
Super Bonus points if they go a step further and have a second one play after you've unlocked everyone.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I want melee style intro. So much hype and intense look of characters.

But is Sakurai is lazy.... There gonna do what he did to brawl, recycle subspace emissary cutscene in here is gonna be recycle newcomer trailers.... I hope is Melee quality intro.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Im hoping its as simple and cute as the 1st Super Smash Bros was.

I mean Melee's intro was amazing, but it'd be nice to get that feeling that its a kid playing with toys again.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Hopefully something like Melee's. I loved hearing "Super Smash Brothersss: MELEEEEEEEEEEE".

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Would be awesome to have an original video again, not a fan of cut-up clips like Brawl.

Super Bonus points if they go a step further and have a second one play after you've unlocked eve
Who's Eve?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The announcer better say "SUPEEEEEERRRR SMAAAAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEERS!!!!!"

If he doesn't, I will personally get a driver's license, drive to Japan, and give Sakurai a thumbs down!

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice

Super Bonus points if they go a step further and have a second one play after you've unlocked eve
Who's Eve?
Haha, guess I got distracted mid sentence and posted without finishing it.
Meant to say "Unlocked everyone".

But I guess Eve might be a cool character anyway, whoever she is.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I guess I didn't make my joke clear enough I like that to I was just meaning it would take a lot to say Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS in one breath.
It would be stupid if it said Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS on both versions it would be Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS on 3ds and Super Smash Bros For Wii U on wii u duh

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hopefully more like Melees and less like Brawl's, like others have said. With no SSE though, this looks likely.

But, keep the first part with all the characters looking out into the sunset on the cliff. Easily the best part of the intro...maybe any Smash intro. Very nice looking :)

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'll take anything that isn't like Brawl's cause the entirety of Brawl's opening was literally just jump-cutting through the Subspace cutscenes and gameplay, I'm pretty sure if you had an hour or so to spare you could replicate the exact same opening just from recording the same gameplay bits and Subspace cutscenes, I mean yeah Smash 64 and Melee had some gameplay jump-cuts but for the most part they used original footage.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This. I have a feeling that this is what we're going to get.

Oh, and we'll probably hear the Announcer say "SUPER SMASH BROS!" right at the ending, like the previous ones did before in 64 and Melee.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I'm also hoping for a Melee's style intro...

I really miss the announcer u.u

About the collage of newcomer trailers I think that the several styles of animations (dynamic comic for Lil Mac, anime/FE in Lucina and Robin's case...) don't blend too well in a short sequence but in its own they are awesome...

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
As long as there is an opening sequence I will be hyped as heck about it.

If there isn't one I swear to Reggie my body will reject.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Will it be able to handle a cinimatic as good as melees?

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
One thing is for sure, you can expect this sequence to be in it. It was in the Smash Bros initial reveal, Direct, and at the digital event.
ADS.png
Hoping for it to add characters as you unlock them, but I'm pretty sure that will happen.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The intro in Melee will never be surpassed, their intro will contain boring in game stuff with trailer scenes copy and pasted in.

They don't care about intros no more.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
View attachment 20999
Hoping for it to add characters as you unlock them, but I'm pretty sure that will happen.
That would be pretty cool. Like maybe a clip showing briefly each fighter that increases in length with each fighter? That would be really hard to pull off though.

I hope they bring back the announcer from 64 somehow. Hearing him say "Super smaaaaaaaash brothers!" Will complete my life.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
That would be pretty cool. Like maybe a clip showing briefly each fighter that increases in length with each fighter? That would be really hard to pull off though.

I hope they bring back the announcer from 64 somehow. Hearing him say "Super smaaaaaaaash brothers!" Will complete my life.
http://youtu.be/GisRY6h100U?t=6m14s
This has more characters than the initial reveal but it seems a little bit more simple, who knows, Smash Bros Brawl added more trophies to the intro every time.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
http://youtu.be/GisRY6h100U?t=6m14s
This has more characters than the initial reveal but it seems a little bit more simple, who knows, Smash Bros Brawl added more trophies to the intro every time.
huh, I suppose that's true, but remember the 3DS is much simpler than the Wii so it might not be able to do that. It would still be pretty cool though if they could do it.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Like almost everyone have already said, I'm hoping for a more Melee-like intro- as in, an unique CGI intro, or at least one that recycles what we have seen adding new parts and not being a convoluted mess like Brawl intro.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
what if they have an anime style opening like the palutena trailer?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
what if they have an anime style opening like the palutena trailer?
That would be pretty cool in my book, but I'm not sure how much mass appeal it would have since it wouldn't show the characters in their rendered states.

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
It might be interesting if they showed each character in his or her respective art for (say Lucina and Robin like in that trailer and the cutscenes, etc) Though, if so, I hope that the animations are different. It's not outside the realm of possibility.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Like most, something like Melee's hopefully.
But let's face it, it'll probably just be like 85% of newcomer trailers. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom