• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What We Can Guess About SSB4 Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
SUPER SUPER sorry if this is a duplicate, although I searched and got nothing, I know sometimes search can be glitchy. Hopefully the second post isn't "inb4lock" XD

I'm going try to gather every crumb of news and try to find a way to guess them all. Every time some news comes out, I'll update this post with changes to my list. First, let's start with the obvious:

Mario, Luigi, Link, Kirby, Ness, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Fox, Captain Falcon, Falco, Samus, and Yoshi are almost guaranteed to arrive, since they are the first characters in the series. Although, why did I exclude Jigglypuff? Most people would want to be rid of that thing (including me! :p) so it would make sense to remove it. Though there is still a fairly huge chance, I won't put it in the "99.9999999999999999% category"

I could post endlessly about veteran characters, and I'll include that in the list. But you don't want to see that, do you? So I'll talk about the NEW characters. (See here: http://ssb4news.blogspot.com/p/characters.html)

This is a VERY old interview, but Sakurai has said it isn't entirely out of the ball park that Capcom characters might come in. There's only one that I can see VERY clearly in Brawl: Mega Man. I mean, come on! The only reason why he wouldn't be in there is because of space or Capcom being a jerk (AGAIN). Any other characters will recieve a meh, except for Phoenix Attorney, but... you know. That would be weird. Eh, I'll still add it to the list.

Next up: retro characters. Sakurai did mention he wants them, though no details were given. Sadly, I'm no retro guy, so I can't help too terribly. If you have an ideas, sound off in this thread. For now, I'll just say Mach Rider, and maybe Pac-Man or Dig Dug since Namco joined in.

As for Tekken and Tales of characters, both of them have a slim but not closed chance of characters being in SSB4. Both producers (Not counting Higuchi, who isn't in the SSB4 team) said they won't push Sakurai into doing it, although they won't say "HELL NO!" either. In Tekken's case, it's all about the fans. From what I read, the consesus is generally no. So I'll leave it at that.

And finally, a crucial piece: Sakurai said that if they put in too many third-party characters, the focus shift away, so he's looking more at Ninty characters now. So don't expect 30 Tekken/Tales/Capcom characters.

And finally for my list:

Version 1.0:
Almost Guaranteed:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Olimar
Fox
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Marth
Ness
Lucas
Falco

Likely:
Jigglypuff
Shiek
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Wolf
Mr. Game and Watch
Krom (New Fire Emblem)

Meh:
Mega Man
Toon Link (If he returns for Wii U)
Young Link (If he is in Majora's Mask 3D)
Genesect (In Pokemon Movie 16)
Pac-Man
Dig Dug
Mach Rider
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

A Chance:
Tekken characters
Tales of characters
Street Fighter characters (Capcom characters)

Any questions/mods banning me?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just don't think this needs to be a thread. This seems more suited for the General Roster Discussion (which is stickied).

Welcome to the boards, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, I'll say this. Most people, judging by here especially, want no cuts, including Jigglypuff. Original 12 and unique playstyle, you know, the works.

Shulk is the protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'll say this. Most people, judging by here especially, want no cuts, including Jigglypuff. Original 12 and unique playstyle, you know, the works.

Shulk is the protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles.
Really? I must be old, LOL. But I still think it doesn't have much of a chance as the others. As for Shulk, I'll add him to the likely section.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I believe Zero Suit Samus is basically gaurenteed to stay also. I'm saying this because you didn't list her and she's considered a separate character by Sakurai.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom