• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the first character you used the first time you played this game?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
first few times i played with my cousins i played falcon because falcon punch and i had no idea what i was doing.

now i'm a ganon main.

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
Dear Blackchris,

**** this sheik ****. that ***** is mad ghey

ganon... to shiek... ***** r u forreal?

if anything you should develop a falcon

just think about it

With love,

Douglas Jay

P.S: forreal tho ***** ganon to falcon sounds like a much better transition... it would make me really happy

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, i've all but given up on sheik. my sheik is terrible, and i'm just not good enough at doing nothing to get better. falcon is too weird though. ganon suits me in the end. my fox has fun pushing buttons, but i get combo'd too hard sometimes.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, the cool thing about ganon is that i can be lazy on most l cancels. since bair and uair autocancel from a shorthop, the only things i l cancel are fairs, dairs, and the rarest of all, nair. i'm not too good at canceling every random uair or bair i do with falcon, and that tends to be an issue every time i play him.

short story shorter, i'm too lazy to have his techskill and space properly.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu in N64... I didn't know how to use the controller and kept sding, in melee... I think it was the ice climbers just because I saw two of them and wanted to see how that worked... I hated them right away.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Link and Mario in N64, mainly Link. Still main Link in all smashes.

X17the17th

Smash Cadet
Kirby. I don't main him anymore, but I sometimes still play him in friendlies. Ain't that right Tekk ? :troll:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
In Melee I first played as Mario on Rainbow Cruise

In Brawl it was Jigglypuff on Shadow Moses Island.

I main/secondary both of these characters in their respected smash games.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I used Captain Falcon and I was convinced he sucked. I currently use him about as well as I use my Main and Secondaries. In fact I consider him a secondary of mine.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I think it was either Mario or Bowser... Mario because he's the most basic and evenly balanced character on the roster (at least until SSBB showed up), so it felt mandatory to try him out to get the feel of the game.
And Bowser because he's my favorite Mario villain/character. Too bad I can't play him worth anything, even today. ];

Zoler

Smash Ace
Fox. I knew about the tier list. Played for the first time in 2009.

"This game can be played casually? Wut?"

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Kirby, cuz I had just come off of 64. Then I realized he sucked and switched to Falcon.

I don't play Kirby anymore. :(

ZelDan

Smash Master
The first character I played ever? I cannot remember for the life of me. Had Melee for so long.

The first character I ever mained? That'd be Marth. I mained him before I knew competitive smash even existed.

Kari55

Smash Rookie
My first character was Link. I don't use him as my main anymore I use Marth now.

Kari55

Smash Rookie
Fox. I knew about the tier list. Played for the first time in 2009.

"This game can be played casually? Wut?"
Dude I freaked out when I found out that this game had a competitive side a few months ago...

Max?

Smash Champion
First character I used in 64 was Mario. Realized kirby was broken and played him til Melee came out, then realized Kirby sucked and went back to 64

dkuo

Smash Lord
I played Pika in 64 because...well, the whole reason I was so excited for 64 was because Pika was in it.

After watching some of my friends play a few Melee matches, I specifically used Sheik in the first game I played. I just thought it was cool that one of the characters could transform lol. After buying the game and unlocking everyone I almost always played Roy...not even because he was good, I just liked how it felt to fsmash people with him :glare: otherwise I played Falco/Pika. After a few years away from Smash I learned about the competitive scene and dropped Roy immediately. <_<

I don't have a Brawl character.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ssb64, it was mario in 1p mode.

ssbm, it was fox, on a demo at toys r us

ssbb, it was ddd cuz i knew he was mad good

Sheck

Smash Cadet
I played Mario a lot when I got the game. I thought he was awesome because of the little instructional video hehe

I've been playing a ton of Doc recently, so I guess I still kinda do play Mario.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I had never played SSB64 when melee came out, so I didn't know anything about the characters and whatnot (aside from ones I recognized like Mario, bowser, DK, Samus, etc)

I don't remember the very first character that I played, but it was either Ness (because we thought PK thunder was cheap), Samus (because 'he' looked cool), or Boozer (because boozer)
Then I went ahead and picked Roy, because my friend picked Marth and Roy had a fire sword.

When brawl came out I played Luigi because he was my melee main at the time (still didn't know about competitive smash yet) then I went to Wario because he was funny, then Ike because we started to learn advanced techniques and my friend mained him and taught me how to play. Then Falco because easy chain grabs. Then falcon because he had laser nipples.
But Falcon wasn't fun in brawl, so we picked up melee again and I mained falcon. Then **** happened and now I'm here as a Pichu/Fox.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
When I was a kid, I ALWAYS played as Mario, because for some reason I felt like he would've been disappointed if I played as someone else.

When I started playing again, slightly pre-competitive, Ness and dat bat all day.

I play both of them in friendlies. They're pretty solid I suppose.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
after I played 64 I discovered CF. I always thought of him as just a Bounty Hunter and never knew he was a Racer, Then Melee came out and I fell in Love with this character, Falcon is the manliest Man of man, even more manlier then Chuck Norris.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
First time I played I chose Pikachu.

Pikachu felt weird as **** so after I few matches I stopped playing him.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Wow, I thought everyone would have said Roy or Kirby

Roy was my first. Before I owned the game, I played it at a friend's house and he said "Roy's a really good character" and preceded to f-smash everything on the screen. And then I thought he was good. I then played him from 2001 to 2004/2005.

Then I discovered I liked Dr. Mario's f-smash as well, so I played him too. 2003-2004/2005.

Then I saw Ken vs Bombsoldier, like any other proper smasher, and started to play Falco and Marth.

Then Marth got too boring, even though I was better with him (no spacing, just SHFFLing lv 9 Bowsers all day long), and I played him 10x less than Falco. 2007.

Then it got all fuzzy, I remember playing Luigi for a while cause his wavedash was awesome, as well as Falco, Marth and Falcon.

Then I started getting a lot better at the game and started playing Fox, which was super easy.

Then I decided to give all the characters another go, discovering that G&W and Roy were fun to play once you were decent at the game.

I now main Fox/Falco, secondary G&W/Roy.
Although Falcon and Mario are fun to play and combo with too.

I feel good typing this post, it's a game I remember playing from the very beginning.

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
The first character I used was Roy, because he looked cool despite being a ginger.

I rarely use him anymore, but I do from time to time.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i said before that i played roy first, that was a lie. I used roy the most when i first played the game, but i had to use other people to unlock him.
I technically used mario first, because i used him in 64.

Top Bottom