• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What unique game mode(s) do you want Smash for the WiiU have?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
3ds has smash run, so what do you want WiiU to have? I have 2 ideas, and I think both could work in tandem.

One would be sort of a "Party Mode", since the console is more local multiplayer friendly and what not. It's sort of a wild series of crazy event, mini games, and unique fights that you and your friends compete in to see who scores the highest but eh end of it all. Maybe through in the game pad for certain events for a 5th friend.

Second would be a lot like Melee Adventure mode: a secondary single player campaign with unique levels. However, it would be shorter (maybe 6-8 stages), have multiplayer support, and have a focus on branching paths, so no 2 runs are quite the same.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd like the branching (or randomized) Adventure Mode with co-op. Wario Ware mode sounds fun, too. Of course, there's always the chance of the Stage Builder.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
The player with the gamepad gets to be Master Hand. You can fight CPU's, your friends, or a combination of both. Online mode would pit 4 players having to work together to defeat Master Hand before he kills them. To be true to the original games, Master Hand has HP instead of the percentages. The formula for his normal HP is 300 (average health in game) times the number of players, but you can make the base hp higher or lower.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Smash Bros....in 3D!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right, like that'll ever happen. Honestly, I like the idea of Smash Run so much they could put it in again except with a different map and events for all I care.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Adventure Mode (Melee-styled), with more levels that are like Stages 1 and 2, and one of those for each series.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted a racing mode that involves Pegasus-like riding. I'll copy my post from a while back in the RTC thread:
Co-op racing mode- Player one is the Rider. Player 2 is the Pegasus. Riders consists of humanoid characters such as Captain Falcon, Link, Little Mac, etc. Pegasuses consist of large, airborne characters, a few of which are only playable in this special racing mode. Examples of Pegasuses include Ridley, Rayquaza, and the Helmaroc King from Windwaker. The goal of every Pegasus-Rider pair is to fly through an aerial course and cross a finish line before all other pairs do. The Pegasus is responsible for navigating through the air, while the Rider on his back has the duty of knocking off Riders from other Pegasuses through the use of both items and a unique moveset.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
1. SSB64/Melee's Target Smash/Break the Targets. Specific to each character, not the "5 for everyone" thing. from Brawl.

2. Bring back BOARD THE PLATFORMS.

3. RACE TO THE FINISH. Maybe with randomized layouts. Can borrow from Smash Run's idea of it too. I liked Melee's, but you could throw in Miis, similar to 64's.

4. Adventure Mode. I want it to take cues from Melee's, but function like a smaller Subspace Emissary. Not a massive, several hour campaign, but I do want cutscenes and I want stages FROM Nintendo games featuring enemies from those universes, with battles that make sense in those worlds. Can even pull the enemies straight from Smash Run for all I care, and implement some ATs & Pokemon into it.

5. Boss Party Mode. Gamepad player plays as a boss, other players try fighting them. Anything that takes the Gamepad and uses it well would be cool though.

I also want, and this isn't a mode, unlockable stamps for Miiverse. I probably won't use them, but I still like unlocking them.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
It would be fun with a mode where one uses the game pad, and is Master Hand, but he doesn't play him like a character. You use the touch screen to drop items and manipulate certain stages. Could be a really fun party thing. XD

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ice Climbers.
*beat*
Yeah whatever, Adventure mode. No multiplayer on that though! It's in the Solo section for a reason!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Super Smash World.

A huge game mode idea I have, would basically be the Wii U's answer to Smash Run.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I imagine we'll get some sort of solo Adventure mode (at the very least an alternative to Classic mode), as well as a stage builder and hopefully a target test mode. I really hope target test isn't gone; it's always my favorite SSB minigame. I definitely enjoy it more than home run contest.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
A random integration of a megan legends styled 3D battle mode... hey i can dream right!?

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
Man, you stole my idea for a thread.

I think a some Gamepad mini games could work, but I hope they don't go overboard on them. Character specific target smash would be a nice return. I doubt this'll happen, but I'd want another story mode like Brawl. No no no, not a bland world with like 4 Nintendo villains. I would want a fully fledged story, taking place in Nintendo universes. I would love to see beautiful cut scenes, like from Brawl, but in HD. Possibly even voice acting for characters who talk that is. Even though Sakurai said there'd be no Subspace Emissary, he did say that on a post foreshadowing Smash Run, so he could have possibly be hinting at a Wii U story mode.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I've always wanted a racing mode that involves Pegasus-like riding. I'll copy my post from a while back in the RTC thread:
Link and Villager in Mario Kart 8 isnt enough? Well then....

Anyways, stage builder should be there. Multiplayer adventure would be cool, or a 5th player option should exist.

Top Bottom