• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What types of problems does Corrin present to the M2Ks of the world?

Salty Emblem

Smash Rookie
Was debating putting this in the online board, but saw most of the topics were general in nature. Move it if you wish.

We saw some of the same in Bayonetta, but she looks more like an all out offensive powerhouse to me, rather than (what looks to be) a very technical fighter in Corrin.

To my main point, M2K is my absolute favorite of the original big 5. His edge defense and edge play in general is phenomenal. If I remember correctly, there was a tournament in the past couple years where m2k 4 stocked Mango in 1 minute and a few of those KOs came while both of them were BELOW the stage!

So given what we saw in the trailer, how many problems does Corrin cause to an edge connoisseur like M2K? Corrin is an odd beast, considering his move set is a sloppy amalgamation of Little Mac, Marth, and Meta Knight.

The only possible downfalls to me are the apparent lag on the the up special as well as leaving yourself wide open when someone sidesteps Corrin's side special.

What do you guys think?

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
None of us can figure any of this out until corrin releases also we have a social thread you could've posted in there there was no need to make a thread for this

EDIT: also since you just joined yesterday introduce yourself to the meet and greet social thread

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Was debating putting this in the online board, but saw most of the topics were general in nature. Move it if you wish.

We saw some of the same in Bayonetta, but she looks more like an all out offensive powerhouse to me, rather than (what looks to be) a very technical fighter in Corrin.

To my main point, M2K is my absolute favorite of the original big 5. His edge defense and edge play in general is phenomenal. If I remember correctly, there was a tournament in the past couple years where m2k 4 stocked Mango in 1 minute and a few of those KOs came while both of them were BELOW the stage!

So given what we saw in the trailer, how many problems does Corrin cause to an edge connoisseur like M2K? Corrin is an odd beast, considering his move set is a sloppy amalgamation of Little Mac, Marth, and Meta Knight.

The only possible downfalls to me are the apparent lag on the the up special as well as leaving yourself wide open when someone sidesteps Corrin's side special.

What do you guys think?
Bayonetta seems really technical though...

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
I mean in terms of edge guarding Corrin...It will be a bit more difficult than other fighters IMO.
- Bair assists with recovery a tad
- UpB has a large hitbox
- UpB can have its angle altered
- If Kamui/Corrin gets trumped he does not necessarily have to regrab the ledge. He can use Dlunge to stick into the ground after jumping. (This is punishable but still an option)

But in terms of edge guarding an enemy...I think it will be quite standard.
- I'm quite sure his aerials are not very strong.
- B-Reverse DFang Shot could potentially be an option.

This is all based off of watching the video. When he releases we will find out !

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

What do you guys think?

"...His moveset is a sloppy amalgamation of Little Mac, Marth, and Meta Knight."

I stopped reading right there.

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie

What do you guys think?
Honestly I do not see anything similar to MK and Mac...The only things he shares with Marth is uair and fair I believe. (Maybe ftilt?) His moveset is not sloppy IMO.

Endurrr

Smash Cadet
Where is the similarities of Mac(besides counter) and MK?

What I can see though is:
Marth's fair
Marth's uair
Ike's dtilt
Ike's ftilt
Shulk's fsmash (MOAR RANGE)
3 hit jab and multihit jab
Palutena's nair (maybe, depending on if the nair is rapid hits)
Multiple characters' dair, but multihitting
ROB's bair (the momentum part for recovery)
ZSS' neutral special + ending strong hit
Wii Fit's dsmash

Anyway, if you're asking how easily he can be edgeguarded, it probably depends on how up b is going to work. It seems like its going to similar to Roy's up b.
If you're asking how easily Corrin can edgeguard, It seems a little meh to me, besides maybe bair's possible range. Corrin doesnt appear to have any spikes either. However I have a theory that side b will spike at a sort of angle similar to Ryu's, because of a star effect at the tip of the blade in one shot of the trailer. Star effects are in most of the cast's aerial spiking moves, and thats all I have to go off of. Maybe Corrin's dair will drag opponents down to substitute as a spike but it seems like suicide still.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock

Marth's fair
Marth's uair
Ike's dtilt
Ike's ftilt
Wii Fit's dsmash

Anyway, if you're asking how easily he can be edgeguarded, it probably depends on how up b is going to work. It seems like its going to similar to Roy's up b.
If you're asking how easily Corrin can edgeguard, It seems a little meh to me, besides maybe bair's possible range. Corrin doesnt appear to have any spikes either. However I have a theory that side b will spike at a sort of angle similar to Ryu's, because of a star effect at the tip of the blade in one shot of the trailer. Star effects are in most of the cast's aerial spiking moves, and thats all I have to go off of. Maybe Corrin's dair will drag opponents down to substitute as a spike but it seems like suicide still.
So, Corrincide will be a thing?

Anyway, as long as Side-B can pin to walls, I won't mind.

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie

Marth's fair
Marth's uair
Ike's dtilt
Ike's ftilt
Wii Fit's dsmash

To an extent you could argue every character has many attacks shared between other characters. I cannot see side B being a spike tbh. I believe tatsu has no star but true tatsu does. How does Ryu's tatsu spike? I do not think a star necessarily means it will be a spike. Lucina's upB and neutral B all have the "star effect".

Trainer_Nate

Smash Rookie
So, Corrincide will be a thing?

Anyway, as long as Side-B can pin to walls, I won't mind.
Note that G&W and Sonic both have meteors that bring them down at an angle but they can recover from it because the move ends. Shiek, TL, and Zss pretty much cannot as far as I am aware. We will have to wait to see if Corrins Dair is a spike and if he can act out of it.
I also do hope side b can clip to walls to LOL. Imagine clipping an enemy between you and the wall. Unlikely but...it would be cool.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Note that G&W and Sonic both have meteors that bring them down at an angle but they can recover from it because the move ends. Shiek, TL, and Zss pretty much cannot as far as I am aware. We will have to wait to see if Corrins Dair is a spike and if he can act out of it.
I also do hope side b can clip to walls to LOL. Imagine clipping an enemy between you and the wall. Unlikely but...it would be cool.
Bowser also has a dair meteor that he cannot recover from.
Side b clipping to walls would be sick

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
wait crap this wasn't supposed to be in this thread. Please ignore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom