• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What I'm noticing as of now is now I'm trying to become better and better and I see less need to have fun... whatever silly thing I liked to do, I don't really like doing it anymore. I just want to be the nastiest doc eva. lol

xX4bdnXx

Smash Rookie
I would say i'm a competitive - harcore smasher. As long as it is brawl teams. melee either way.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I like this thread. It really describes what a player in Smash and their categories. Anyway, I consider myself to be a competitive-casual-hardcore player. I cannot say that I am a pro player because I have only been in a couple of tourneys but I lost both of them terribly. I am planning to go back though.

Does anyone knows a tourney in Orlando FL? I really want to get in a tourney again.

Silver Spyro

Smash Rookie
Competitive Smasher. I hate items, I always like to play on Final Destination with just two people, it makes the game more funner. Since i'm fighting the person, not the Mr. Saturn.

Um, yeah, pretty much what your Definition was... GAH

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
Im a Casual/Competitive player. I play to get better, sharpen skills and for fun but if I get wind of a nearby tournament or gathering, I gear up and train for days to punish the competition.

Try an item match now and then people, it quickens your reflexes and your reading of the stage for hazards (so in real matches you can notice those C4s)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Eh. . .

I'm casual-competitive. I am constantly trying to discover a character that I can have fun with, yet I want to get better to win with them.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
casual/competitive. i only play with random people, but i make a point to be better then all of them. but ive never entered a tourny or anythign so it dosnt mean much.

Shad-Icarus

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual player, but some competitions are cool too. all I want is to have fun while playing, no matter if I lose or win, it's only a game anyway. but victory is aways awesome '-'

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual smasher. I agree with you that the professional/hardcore players make it boring with final destination only with no items and just stock. I love my items and I enjoy playing it. :D

Xposure

Smash Cadet
I'd say I am a competitive and hardcore smasher. :)

I missed out on Melee, so I'm playing SSB and Brawl now. Oh well.

J

Josh Feliciano

I consider myself a brawler who is not afraid of a challenge. My opponents might BARELYbeat me, but i will sure put up a fight!

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
Im a competitive smasher
I'm a casual smasher. I agree with you that the professional/hardcore players make it boring with final destination only with no items and just stock. I love my items and I enjoy playing it. :D
We don't only play on fd

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
I'd say I'm more casual. Thing is, when I'm on wi-fi, I never attack people who don't attack me. But when I'm being hit, and I get taunted at when I'm KO'd, I don't hesitate to come at them with my all.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
Just a casual smasher
I love Nintendo so much (especially StarFox, and Mario) but Fighting and shooting games are games that I'll never progress to get better.
So just a casual smasher but Brawl is my favorite fighting game ^_^

Would be competitive if I can atleast get better XD
But even though, Im already hardcore competitive on a arcade game

Lloyd6770

Smash Rookie
I think I qualify as purely a casual smasher. I don't enjoy playing with no items, and I do enjoy choosing random for the level. Nothing's as fun as putting just pokeballs on very high. There are always at least 5 pokeballs going off at any 1 time, and you aren't quite sure which pokemon belongs to who. It's utter chaos, and it's great.

My friends and I all play different characters. I switch off between Fox/Mario/Yoshi/Luigi. They are all fun characters with different quirks. We're all always trying to beat each other, find new combo's, but we aren't competitive to the point that we get mad if/when we lose.

Albino Ace

Smash Rookie
Competitive for me.

Not necessarily skilled, as the very first post mentions, but competitive nonetheless. :p

Slayer's Legend

Smash Rookie
Competitive, pro and hardcore. I think I have some of these three. I've played this game since the early N64 days and I always try to improve somehow. Now in brawl I keep practicing daily but can't yet play wi-fi due to some connection problems but I play with friends everytime I can. And I love playing on random stage with items and everything too. Basically I always play the way my opponent wants.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I unlocked every character in 3 days after I got it and beat SSE 2 days after I got it. I got wifi two days ago too, and I think this will help me learn better. I need some friends to battle me mostly, but the main point is I think I am not all that great. I play with Wii Mote sideways. On a scale of 1-10, I'm a 6.

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
Competetive Hardcore

I will always strive to get better at this game. I've played every version extensively since its N64 release (I rented Super Smash Bros and ended up never returning it, sorry Blockbuster! :laugh:) and I don't see me stopping my play any time soon. Over the years I've been lured to playing a variety of characters, but regardless of who I'm playing, I will always want to better my game. I'm not pro, I'm not casual, I'm just serious. Super serial.

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
competitive. I'm all for one on banning items and i don't think i've used them in the longest time... I also try to win and don't hold back on everyone, study matchups, etc

TheD3POD6724

Smash Rookie
.I'm more laid back and brawl for pride&fun.I got a G.C. just for melee and learned the reason i alwayz won because i used cstick every 5 secondz so i had t0 adapt to brawl and i still am.im that brawler who you want to teach but can't.which iz why my skill is half good.

Top Bottom