• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHAT TYPE OF ROUTER do x-play use?

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Yes , i too have found it's online to be perfect...

You probably have slow internet.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
yea i got the same problem, first off today I found if you have netgear... ouch, i do and I spent 1+ hour turning off an internal firewall. Its to the point I can't even play online anymore. I'm thinking of heading towards the USB wi fi stick. For some odd reason, I can spectate matches and get on WFC, with no lag at all. It's all so strange. Hopefully some updates emerge soon.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I played my cousins 4 players and it was perfect.
I also have Netgear router. :)

They only life an hour and a half drive away though.

I think it depends on distance of players you play.

It was perfect with them but With Anyone was kinda laggy for me.

ZDAN

Smash Cadet
With the exception of one game, my online matches have been slightly slower, but rarely noticeably so.

Unfortunately, the random play system is terrible, regardless.
<3 Friends play!

NDUDE

Smash Ace
yea i got the same problem, first off today I found if you have netgear... ouch, i do and I spent 1+ hour turning off an internal firewall. Its to the point I can't even play online anymore. I'm thinking of heading towards the USB wi fi stick. For some odd reason, I can spectate matches and get on WFC, with no lag at all. It's all so strange. Hopefully some updates emerge soon.
USB wifi won't matter. It's still connected to the same router. Get a Linksys.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
I have the Linksys and I fought two matches as Red for the first and Ike as the second against a Marth in black armor(random opponet) and had perfet connection. Then another guy joined, and we had lag, major lag. Either my connection was weaking (because my router kicked me off when I tried for a 4th match) or the Ike had a weak connection.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
If they have blue or green connections, I've had buttery smooth games with them. Anything below that, though, is a bit laggy and annoying. With Anyone is really annoying.

I The Nemesis I

Smash Cadet
I wonder what kind of router is most suitable and can have maximal performance to play Smash. I have a Netgear WGR614 with Comcast and I'm definitely experiencing some lag (Even people from close distance).

Top Bottom