• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do in a certain situation?

kakx

Smash Cadet
Okay! I have a problem with all my characters and most certainly, Fox. I usually play AGGRO and just try to combo; however, all the opponent needs to do is Wavedash back Fsmash, pull some shizz out of their *** and counter me. The thing I lack is Defensive, I don't know what to do at certain situations. For Example: I am a Fox, and my opponent is a Marth. I would usually dash dance around until he approaches, but then I end up being dash attacked or wavedashed into fsmash.. How can I anticipate this from happening and prevent it? I know I could Spot dodge, shield, or Jump, but I always end up being punished.

Also, If I try approaching with a Fox, Do I wait for an opening until they mess up or do I just go rambo and go in with a nair, shine, etc.. Whenever I try doing rambo, I end up getting combo'd myself. O.o!

Anybody helps pl0x? D:

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It's all in the spacing, when Marth is approaching be ready to react sooner than any other character because of hsi range. Also, mix in wavedashes with your dash dances, that way, you can sheild things right away, and don't have to worry about pivoting to sheild. Marth spacing is tough, especially if you're Fox, just practice more, and get your reaction time better. If a Marth Fsmashes and you sheild it, you can wavedash OoS and grab him, or TRY to Upsmash(there's no guarantee on that, though)

Once again it's all about spacing, do not go all rambo, think about your timing, and be prepared to have a follow up move incase of a sheilding, make it so the Marth can't sheild grab you, and all over try to out space the Marth, don't just dashdance, shoot you gun, it's got infinite bullets, make the Marth approach, be prepared, and strike back when the timing is best. Marths like it when a Fox is above them, they can **** them easily, try to always stay below a Marth. That is VERY key.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
platform camping is the best with fox. its like dash dancing except safer and people have to commit harder in order to even attempt to punish you.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
^THIS^

definitely super useful for fox. learn to move around the stage really smoothly so you can transition from platform to platform and just watch your opponent. then attack when you see your opening.

also learn marths range if he's just wavesmashing you... you just gotta see it coming and shield, or back up a little, that just shouldn't work.

kakx

Smash Cadet
Oh Thanks! Now I can use this :D! But It's kinda hard for me to wavedash out of shield with Fox. ><

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
do you wave dash and shield with the same button? try to shield with the opposite trigger that way it's just like any other wavedash, your just holding down another button at the same time..

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Dash dance more. Shoot lasers to make him approach you. Avoid his approach and counterattack. You just need to get used to situations.

datstupidmarth

Smash Cadet
Okay! I have a problem with all my characters and most certainly, Fox. I usually play AGGRO and just try to combo; however, all the opponent needs to do is Wavedash back Fsmash, pull some shizz out of their *** and counter me. The thing I lack is Defensive, I don't know what to do at certain situations. For Example: I am a Fox, and my opponent is a Marth. I would usually dash dance around until he approaches, but then I end up being dash attacked or wavedashed into fsmash.. How can I anticipate this from happening and prevent it? I know I could Spot dodge, shield, or Jump, but I always end up being punished.

Also, If I try approaching with a Fox, Do I wait for an opening until they mess up or do I just go rambo and go in with a nair, shine, etc.. Whenever I try doing rambo, I end up getting combo'd myself. O.o!

Anybody helps pl0x? D:
u should laser while far away the marth. he will then make an aprouch to stop ur lasers or retreat to get away from danger predice witch 1 is more likely and punish acordingly

Top Bottom