• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What techniques are the hardest to pull off for you?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
In P:M
-SH Bair WL with Squirtle. It's technically a double 1 frame window technique (Bair ASAP after Jump squat, 1 frame window for WL)
-DACUS'ing
-Ike WJ Wavebounce Side-b http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_iPK38R1o&feature=player_detailpage@t=28
-Diddy WJ Wabebounce Peanut gun to AGT through his AD cancel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87G-
nPP4Njo&feature=player_detailpage@t=72

In Melee:
-SWD, and ledge Strong missile regrab with Samus.
-Shield dropping
-Multi-shining with Fox
-IC's CG hand-offs
-Yoshi's Shield Parry technique

voorhese

Smash Master
teching the ground -_- don't ask.

I can get get potentially frame perfect ledgehop wavelands. I can do waveshines oos, multishine grabs oos etc....but I cannot tech the ground to save my life, quite literally >_<

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I can't shield drop at all. I play Ness, so I need all the help I can get. I know how, but it just sucks and is hard for me to do consistently.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Since this is Melee discussion, I'll just stick to Melee.
Shorthop-fastfall missile as Samus.
Pivot utilt at the distance I want.
Supposedly shorthop-fastfall missile as Samus actually requires a broken controller, and if that's true, I'm :urg:.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
I can't shield drop at all. I play Ness, so I need all the help I can get. I know how, but it just sucks and is hard for me to do consistently.
Have you tried Shai drops? aka pointing your shield all the way over and rolling it halfway down.

NNID
dansalvato
There's a Link technique where you ledge hop fair onto the stage, but move backwards and ledge cancel it as you land. When I'm well-practiced I probably get it 1 in 15 times. Never seen anyone do it consistently.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i still remember watching isai practice right before teams finals on the main tv at oc3.

he was pivoting off a platform and kneeing the other way multiple times. so mindblowing

mas_torque

Smash Apprentice
There's a Link technique where you ledge hop fair onto the stage, but move backwards and ledge cancel it as you land. When I'm well-practiced I probably get it 1 in 15 times. Never seen anyone do it consistently.
Sheik's fair is also great because you can reach so damn far and make it back to the ledge

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I use the Shai technique. I just have to practice it all the time in order to sometimes shield drop. However, I am not able to do it consistently enough in order to use it at all. By the time I realize I shield drop, it is too late to do anything about it.

Also, I love ledge cancelling stuff. Pivot stuff I can sometimes do depending on the character. I am best at moonwalking as Link, but I am still bad at that. Not like I need to be able to. Ness has a horrible moonwalk; pretty fitting for a bad character.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
in PM:
-Lucas: DJC......uggghhhhhhhhh i still cant get it down to save my life.
-Fox: cannot ever do his waveshines consistently
-In General: cant wavebounce well AT ALL....

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Thanks, lol. It's not impossibly hard it just takes quite a bit of work. The payout is pretty high if you can do it though. Dashing Pivot Ledge Grab (or Love Zone, so sexy) is really only useful when you're close enough to the ledge. Falcon's initial Dash animation is 16 Frames long before it turn into the Run animation which you can't pivot out of, because of that I do [SH -> Land -> Moonwalk -> Ledge Grab] more than the pivot ledge grab because I'm usually too far from the ledge to do it.
COUGH fox trot then pivot to edge

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Not that hard Nicco :)
And yet only one Falcon can successfully implement it. Sure it's not that hard to pull off, but when you consider the fact that you die if you mess up, it's pretty hard.

The Star King

Smash Hero
my big bro, found a secret glitch where if u hit urself with ness lightning, he flies super strong, u must have skil to do it tho

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
he’s right if you mess up you die. haxdashing has joined the ranks of bombjumping, teching smashes(pretty much any tech recovery). rest at high %, breaking out of grab(note wobbling), sweetspotting, good di, etc

no one can do any of those things

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
if you are too lazy to watch the whole thing you must not love falcon
Wizzrobe's Falcon, as opposed to his PM Sonic, is not particularly good...

On Topic:
Shield drop laser with Falco on Yoshi's Story where the side platform are closest to the ground is kind of not so easy. Not that i would want to be able to do that...

What i really have trouble with is not SD-ing.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Wizzrobe's Falcon, as opposed to his PM Sonic, is not particularly good...

On Topic:
Shield drop laser with Falco on Yoshi's Story where the side platform are closest to the ground is kind of not so easy. Not that i would want to be able to do that...

What i really have trouble with is not SD-ing.
Lol why would you not wanna do that?

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Lol why would you not wanna do that?
Basically because the effort that it would require to master that skill is not worth the pay-off.

If you shield on a platform and are in a position to shoot someone with a drop-down laser you should not be shielding in the first place.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Basically because the effort that it would require to master that skill is not worth the pay-off.

If you shield on a platform and are in a position to shoot someone with a drop-down laser you should not be shielding in the first place.
My man! Running shield drop laser! Especially running turnaround sdrop laser.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
After watching some of those stream vids, I do think Wizzy's well on his way

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I cant watch it on my phone, but from what I've seen Wizzrobe has rarely/never done it in a tourney. Considering that hax does it like everytime he touches the ledge even at the highest of stakes, I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

I do it all the time in tourney lol. I have barely any tourney vids so it makes sense u don't know.

I can do it extremely well, especially if i have a perfect control stick

Top Bottom