• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stage will you play on first?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Much like the similar question of what character you'll play first, I'm curious what stage you all plan to play on first.

Mine will probably be Arena Ferox (if I don't just Random), as it is Fire Emblem's only apparent stage representation, and FE is my favorite game series.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'll probably end up going straight to the Classic Mode, so whatever stage I go to first from there will be my first stage :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Battlefield I guess, if it is available at tge beginning of the game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Arena Ferox with Id~Purpose playing in the background or Reset Bomb Forest with Negro Pit's Theme playing in the background.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Battlefield I guess, if it is available at tge beginning of the game.
Given the demo and Brawl, I imagine that Battlefield will be available at the start. That said, I'm interested to see if the FD versions of stages (and FD itself) have to be unlocked separately from the stages themselves. I imagine at least one FD form will be default, though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Either Final Destination or Battlefield just so I can get used to playing. The first new stage I'll play will either be Tortimer Island or Spirit Train.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Random. Keeps me on my toes.
After classic and unlocking the characters of course

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Battlefield, then Final Destination

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
I'll probably end up going straight to the Classic Mode, so whatever stage I go to first from there will be my first stage :p
I'm similarily doing Smash Run first, so unless I get a running or climbing stage, it'll be random for me as well.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
If it's available from the start, I'm definitely going to play on the Paper Mario stage first.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield. Gonna start with Pit on Battlefield. Get a feel of the game. Then probably experiment with the newcomers, then try to unlock all the characters and whatnot, then do Classic and whatever.

Khao

Smash Lord
I've decided already.

My first match is going to be 5-stock, no time limit, playing as Link against a single lvl.9 Random CPU on Battlefield, with every item on at medium frequency. If I'm actually with a friend, though, everything will change. But Link will likely be my first character anyway.

And I can't ****ing wait.

Though to say that's going to be my first match is kind of a lie, I already had a 4-player match in the Spirit Tracks train as Little Mac in the demo, followed by another one as Toon Link on Battlefield, and then a Wii U match where I played as Marth.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
RESET BOMB FOREST RESET BOMB FOREST! RE-

*Ahem*

If you couldn't guess, I'm going to be playing the stage based on my favorite chapter, from one of my favorite games, featuring one of my favorite characters. I mean, this stage is literally perfect for me. I love this stage choice. I love it so much. <3

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
probably battle field since well ima do training mode to get a feel for the characters.
then WILE CASTLE because i hate the yellow devil.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think random is really the only sane choice; I always play friendlies on randomly selected stages anyway, and it's an awfully efficient way to explore the stages without introducing selection bias.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I usually play battlefield with my brother, but we're all grown up and don't live together anymore... it's kinda sad when you think about it.
Hell, by the time Smash FIVE comes out, I'll be old enough to be a dad. Don't want to think about that.

I guess I'll jump into classic mode with Mario or something.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Battlefield
2. Boxing Ring
3. Arena Ferox
4. Prism Tower or Reset Bomb Forest or some other stage
5. Rainbow Road
Of course, this depends on the starter stages.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Arena Ferox with Id~Purpose playing in the background or Reset Bomb Forest with Negro Pit's Theme playing in the background.
Has Id~Purpose been confirmed as the Arena Ferox music or is that just wishful thinking? I would prefer Chaos(Ablaze) myself but with only 2 options for music I doubt that's happening.

My vote goes to Arena Ferox even though it's the stage I played at the Smash Fest at Best Buy.

shapular

Smash Ace
Probably FD since it looks so pretty and I've been wanting to see it in action. Either that or Prism Tower since it looks like it's going to be one of my new favorite stages.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Well, I will be playing Classic once first, so that will decide it, and after that, when I play Versus, I'll probably do random.

But let's see...
I already played Prism Tower, Boxing Ring & Wily's Castle in the demos. And I don't want to play a retro stage (this includes Battlefield/FD) first...

Probably Balloon Fight, Paper Mario or one of the Zelda stages (Gerudo Valley or Spirit Train). It all depends on what stages I -don't- experience via Classic Mode.

But yeah, my first stage will be chosen by Classic Mode.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Hum, probably wily's castle, will need to test just how intrusive the yellow devil is for tournaments, and it seems to be the biggest offender out of what we know.

I really won't have time to properly enjoy the game for about a week unfortunately =/

Reila

Has Id~Purpose been confirmed as the Arena Ferox music or is that just wishful thinking? I would prefer Chaos(Ablaze) myself but with only 2 options for music I doubt that's happening.

My vote goes to Arena Ferox even though it's the stage I played at the Smash Fest at Best Buy.
It is confirmed, but the second track still is a mystery as far as I know.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I only got to play on Tortimer's Island, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, and the Living Room.

In that case, I'll probably try out 3D Land first. I was disappointed that it wasn't in the demo.

Morbi

Scavenger
Interesting question; usually, I go to the Legend of Zelda or Star Fox stage first. In Smash 64, I went to Hyrule Castle first and Sector Z second. In Melee, I went to Corneria first and Venom second (after that, Temple and Great Bay). In Brawl, I went to Lylat Cruise first and Bridge of Eldin second.

I suppose I will probably go to Gerudo Valley first if there is no 3DS Star Fox stage. One the Wii U; however, I will certainly take a spin with that glorious Great Fox stage before Skyloft.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Probably'll play around with some characters I'm eager to play as in regular matches or Classic Mode, including:

:4olimar::4palutena::4dk::4bowser::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4pikachu::4tlink::4greninja::4pit::4samus::4charizard::4diddy::4lucina::rosalina:

Yeh, I'm excited to play as a few characters.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
either the top left one or the first level of classic / 1p mode.

Reila

If that second song is anything but Fire Emblem Melee, I will be very sad, even if I love 99% of FE's soundtracks anyway.
Well that song played in Robin and Lucina's announcement trailer, so it is possible that it will be the second song for Arena Ferox.

I think I would prefer "With Mila's Divine Protection" to be the second song, tho.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Well that song played in Robin and Lucina's announcement trailer, so it is possible that it will be the second song for Arena Ferox.

I think I would prefer "With Mila's Divine Protection" to be the second song, tho.
As much as I loved Mila's Divine Protection in Brawl, FE Melee got me into the franchise, so I'm always going to hope for it.

Heck... I even modded the song back onto Temple for Project M, since it felt wrong not hearing it there.

Though now that my plans with my friends at launch are less certain, my first stage may end up being determined by Classic Mode as well.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Probably Wily's Castle because I've seen it so much so I want to get it out of the way first. Or I might just hit random

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm going to be boring and say Battlefield, I want my first-hand experience for the new game to be without complications from outside. Following stages will probably be FD, Arena Ferox and Prism Tower. I don't think I'll try out the more wacky stages until I've tried the characters I find important and have gotten used to the gameplay and controls.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I will probably play on battlefield or Final Destination first

Top Bottom