• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should SSB4 be named?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
You're CRAZY. One Piece is awful.

The 4kids version and the japanese version.

The only good thing about One Piece is the kickass theme song in the 4kids version.
Lol i hope you're joking...otherwise you don't know your anime at all.

The one piece anime is #1 in japan and has been for years. It's 46th manga volume was the top selling manga volume in worldwide history.

It's 344 eps long and it's not even halfway done , by watching dubs or a few random low quality JP episodes you can't begin appreciating it.

FUNi has the rights to dub One Piece now and has been dubbing One Piece for a while. : |

Stop being a weaboo. I've read more manga, watched more anime or any cartoon with a good VA and know exactly what fitting VAs are unlike you, don't even try it.
And funy kept it zolo and it still is miles away from the Jp version.

And i'm not a weaboo since i'm not american , i'm greek.

As for having watched more anime or read more manga than me...how do you know that? I don't remember ever saying how much stuff i've seen or read >.>.

Also if you don't know japanese how can you say if a VA fits the role the japanese animator wants to display? How do you know if the dubber is misinterpreting or not?

mark.

Smash Journeyman
edit: ^^ woah woah, someone said one piece sucked, lmao. i dont even watch anime that much and i know how good one piece is. its been #1 for a reason and has liek 98324732897329847389 episodes.

uhh when were there an ssb3, or ssb2?
we dont think of the names, we pay people moolah to do it.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And funy kept it zolo and it still is miles away from the Jp version.
They kept Zolo in the TV VERSION. They're doing Zoro in the DVD version and if you think it's miles away from the Japanese version you're just an idiot.
And i'm not a weaboo since i'm not american , i'm greek.
A weaboo is someone who thinks the Japanese version of said anime or manga are completely better than the translated one for no reason at all is a weaboo regardless of nationality.
As for having watched more anie eor read more manga than me...how do you know that? I don't remember ever saying how much stuff i've seen or read >.>.
If you enjoyed Naruto, I've read more manga than you.
Also if you don't know japanese how can you say if a VA fits the role the japanese animator wants to display? How do you know if the dubber is misinterpreting or not?
Because I know quite well and done my research on the transition between the original and dubs. There's only a few out there that are actually badly dubbed like One Piece (4kids version) and Cardcaptors, while the hundreds of other anime that are ported in the States are dubbed accurately even a lot of the mainstream stuff we're seeing on Adult Swim and whatnot nowadays. If you think most dubs suck you know NOTHING about the anime industry in the States and are a sorry excuse for a human being.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
It would have to be some synonym for fight from this list:
action, affray, altercation, argument, battle, battle royal*, bout, brawl, broil, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, contention, contest, controversy, difficulty, disagreement, dispute, dissension, dogfight, duel, engagement, exchange, feud, fisticuffs*, fracas, fray, free-for-all*, fuss, hostility, joust, match, melee, quarrel, riot, rivalry, round, row, ruckus, rumble, scrap*, scrimmage, scuffle, set-to*, skirmish, sparring match, strife, struggle, tiff*, tussle, war, wrangling

I would personally go with Super Smash Bros. Clash

but Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs has that ring to it... lol :laugh:

As for Japan

Melee was DX, Brawl was X, Clash should be either Z, XYZ, or GT

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
action, affray, altercation, argument, battle, battle royal*, bout, brawl, broil, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, contention, contest, controversy, difficulty, disagreement, dispute, dissension, dogfight, duel, engagement, exchange, feud, fisticuffs*, fracas, fray, free-for-all*, fuss, hostility, joust, match, melee, quarrel, riot, rivalry, round, row, ruckus, rumble, scrap*, scrimmage, scuffle, set-to*, skirmish, sparring match, strife, struggle, tiff*, tussle, war, wrangling

As for Japan

Melee was DX, Brawl was X, Clash should be either Z, XYZ, or GT
I would say Super Smash Bros. Fracas!

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice

As for Japan

Melee was DX, Brawl was X, Clash should be either Z, XYZ, or GT[/QUOTE

I was looking for a name on Wikipedia and thats when i stumbled on the word Clash.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
The only thing worse than video game fanboys arguing is anime fanboys arguing....

I like Fracas, but Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs is what gets my vote.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
They kept Zolo in the TV VERSION. They're doing Zoro in the DVD version and if you think it's miles away from the Japanese version you're just an idiot.

A weaboo is someone who thinks the Japanese version of said anime or manga are completely better than the translated one for no reason at all is a weaboo regardless of nationality.

If you enjoyed Naruto, I've read more manga than you.

Because I know quite well and done my research on the transition between the original and dubs. There's only a few out there that are actually badly dubbed like One Piece (4kids version) and Cardcaptors, while the hundreds of other anime that are ported in the States are dubbed accurately even a lot of the mainstream stuff we're seeing on Adult Swim and whatnot nowadays. If you think most dubs suck you know NOTHING about the anime industry in the States and are a sorry excuse for a human being.
Hell if i'm buying a dvd priced like gold of something i've seen already for just random 10 eps just cause it corrects it's mistakes of the tv version. Also funy only does episodes after arabasta ,the first 150ish eps have not been dubbed by em and still are in their despicable 4kids state.

I have reasons for preferring something in Japanese, when i hear the Jp version i get goosebumps and tremble from excitement involuntarily while when i hear the English version i want to stab my ears and poke my eyes out with hot metal. I believe that classifies as a reason, don't you?

Finlay if you can't see how 2 people can have different tastes then you're the idiot here. Just cause i liked naruto it doesn't mean i haven't seen other things nor does it mean that naruto is my fav thing in the world. It is mid tier at least though for me. If you disagree just don't watch it but you can't assault my experience just cause i like your typical shonen >.>

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
The only thing worse than video game fanboys arguing is anime fanboys arguing....
I'm not an anime fanboy I just know a lot about the genre. I'm more of a fanboy of the movie medium but that's besides the point.
Hell if i'm buying a dvd priced like gold of something i've seen already for just random 10 eps just cause it corrects it's mistakes of the tv version. Also funy only does episodes after arabasta ,the first 150ish eps have not been dubbed by em and still are in their despicable 4kids state.
Yeah, but Toei basically stripped the rights to the first episodes FROM 4kids and Funi is currently trying to get them so I don't get your point.

Second of all, it's Alabasa. Yes, it's ALABASTA. In the original, it isn't ARABASTA it's ALABASTA so stop being a ****ing weaboo.
I have reasons for preferring something in Japanese, when i hear the Jp version i get goosebumps and tremble from excitement involuntarily while when i hear the English version i want to stab my ears and poke my eyes out with hot metal. I believe that classifies as a reason, don't you?
No, that just means you're a weaboo.
Finlay if you can't see who 2 people can have different tastes then you're the idiot here. Just cause i liked naruto it doesn't mean i haven't seen other things not does it mean that naruto is my fav thing in the world. It is mid tier at least though for me. If you disagree just don't watch it but you can't assult my experience just cause i like your typical shonen >.>
Then what is the best anime and manga in the world?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
The japanese got a better name than us. Super smash bros. X sounds much better than super smash bros. brawl.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I'm not an anime fanboy I just know a lot about the genre. I'm more of a fanboy of the movie medium but that's besides the point.

Yeah, but Toei basically stripped the rights to the first episodes FROM 4kids and Funi is currently trying to get them so I don't get your point.

Second of all, it's Alabasa. Yes, it's ALABASTA. In the original, it isn't ARABASTA it's ALABASTA so stop being a ****ing weaboo.

No, that just means you're a weaboo.

Then what is the best anime and manga in the world?
The letters "L" and "R" are phonetically interchangeable in japanese (although there is no letter for "L" , only "r"...they just pronounce it like an "L" sometimes) so alabasta and arabasta are the same , simply cause it's pronounced "ra" in the JP version i'm used to saying it as such...don't think so much of such a trivial matter lol.

And why i'm a weaboo if i honestly prefer it with no bias or fault? I honestly dislike it...i don't chose to prefer it cause it's japanese. For example some greek dubs also kick *** compared to the english ones cause they put soul in their performances and they don't censor everything vulgar or violent. I've felt the way i feel when watching Jp original with some greek dubs...never with english dubs though...not even close.

And as for the best...i like so many at that max level so i have a very hard time deciding...

I suppose eva would be top anime cause it's special in my heart and berserk/jojo's bizzare adventure/20th century boys/kare kano some of my top manga...i really can't put one over the other since they're so vastly different genres.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
The letters "L" and "R" are phonetically interchangeable in japanese (although there is no letter for "L" , only "r"...they just pronounce it like an "L" sometimes) so alabasta and arabasta are the same , simply cause it's pronounced "ra" in the JP version i'm used to saying it as such...don't think so much of such a trivial matter lol.
It is a trivial matter. In Japan, it's officially, in the English spelling, Alabasta. Just as much as Zoro is Zoro in Japan, Alabasta is Alabasta. It's pronounced as Arabasta because of the Japanese romanization, but the actual and official English translation of it is Alabasta according to Oda himself.
And why i'm a weaboo if i honestly prefer it with no bias or fault? I honestly dislike it...i don't chose to prefer it cause it's japanese. For example some greek dubs also kick *** compared to the english ones cause they put soul in their performances and they don't censor everything vulgar or violent. I've felt the way i feel when watching Jp original with some greek dubs...never with english dubs though...not even close.
Then you don't know anything about the English language as most dubs actually have soul in them unless you're talking about most stuff done by 4kids or Saban.
And as for the best...i like so many at that max level so i have a very hard time deciding...

I suppose eva would be top anime cause it's special in my hear and berserk/jojo's bizzare adventure/20th century boys/kare kano some of my top manga...i really can't put one over the other since they're so vastly different genres.
I guess they're okay choices and Berserk and 20th Century Boys are correct. Texhnolyze is a lot better than EVA though and is my favorite anime.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
It is a trivial matter. In Japan, it's officially, in the English spelling, Alabasta. Just as much as Zoro is Zoro in Japan, Alabasta is Alabasta. It's pronounced as Arabasta because of the Japanese romanization, but the actual and official English translation of it is Alabasta according to Oda himself.

Then you don't know anything about the English language as most dubs actually have soul in them unless you're talking about most stuff done by 4kids or Saban.

I guess they're okay choices and Berserk and 20th Century Boys are correct. Texhnolyze is a lot better than EVA though and is my favorite anime.
Yeah well...the manga uses the "ra" katakana which is for english words , i've read that manga, it stuck , you can think that i'm speaking a japanese word when i say arabasta if that helps. :urg:

I've been living in USA for 3 years, my mom is american so i've been speaking english and greek ever since i was like 3 and I attend Yale university , i placed at the highest possible english level available for freshmen and all my classmates are sophomores , excuse me but i beg to differ , i'm fluent in english. ;)

Eva was the "otakufier" for me..that's why i have it on top an inch ahead of like 20 titles...and see , even though i like naruto i still know my stuff. :D

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yeah well...the manga uses the "ra" katakana which is for english words , i've read that manga, it stuck , you can think that i'm speaking a japanese word when i say arabasta if that helps. :urg:
Well people speak English here and the correct form is Alabasta period.
I've been living in USA for 3 years, my mom is american so i've been speaking english and greek ever since i was like 3 and I attend Yale university , i placed at the highest possible english level available for freshmen and all my classmates are sophomores , excuse me but i beg to differ , i'm fluent in english. ;)
Yeah, I can tell by your grammatical mistakes that you're TOTALLY fluent in English.
Eva was the "otakufier" for me..that's why i have it on top an inch ahead of like 20 titles...and see , even though i like naruto i still know my stuff. :D
...Yeah, you're a weaboo.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Well people speak English here and the correct form is Alabasta period.

Yeah, I can tell by your grammatical mistakes that you're TOTALLY fluent in English.

...Yeah, you're a weaboo.

This is an internet forum not a term paper, i take what poetic license i can to be truer to my self (yes, that includes the lack of capitalizations) . Trust me i wouldn't have placed at that level of english is i wasn't fluent.

And i think i already shot down the weaboo thing when i talked about the greek dubs a while back >_>.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
This is an internet forum not a term paper, i take what poetic license i can to be truer to my self (yes, that includes the lack of capitalizations) . Trust me i wouldn't have placed at that level of english is i wasn't fluent.
Internet forum, term paper, people still should type intelligently rather than like an illiterate ******.
And i think i already shot down the weaboo thing when i talked about the greek dubs a while back >_>.
Nope, you're still a weaboo for thinking all English dubs are bad and have no "soul" put into them.

The original Japanese hardly even has "soul" put in them in the first place in most anime so if the English had something similar then it most likely is in the original Japanese version when it comes to an accurate dub like Naruto or, say, Cowboy Bebop (which the dub is a lot better than the original).

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what off topic things you guys are talking about but...

SUPER SMASH BROS: HEATED DEBATE!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Super
Smash
Bros.
Ds

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
I've read every post in this thread, and every single suggestion (Save one) sucks, especially Clash and Mayhem. Those two especially suck.

The one that doesn't is War. Why? It rhymes with four. And it's not a kiddy word like mayhem. and clash is lame because it usually talks about swords, but most characters don't have them.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Super smash bros. : YOU MUST RECOVER!
Super smash bros. IV
Super smash bros. The return of Dr. Mario and Roy *gasp

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. Beef

Super Smash Bros. ALTERCATION

Super Smash Bros. Hoedown

but seriously....

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ABORTION

but seriously there will be no ssb4, and you know who to blame...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Super Smash Bros: Altercation
Super Smash Bros: Fracas
Super Smash Bros: Deathmatch
Super Smash Bros: Fight!
Super Smash Bros: Quarrel
Super Smash Bros: Slappers Only
Super Smash Bros: Killer Instinct
Super Smash Bros: This Time, It's Personal
Super Smash Bros: 3rd Party Edition!
Super Smash Bros: Party
Super Smash Bros: Double Dash
Super Smash Bros: 3 on 3
Super Smash Bros: Hosted by Ryan Seacrest
Super Smash Bros: Limited Edition w/ Sakurai-Sandbag!
Super Smash Bros: The Battle to End All Battles (aka here are your 3,528 characters, fvckers. Now stop complaining!!)

::EDIT::
Forgot a big one:

Super Smash Bros. vs. Capcom

I mean, why not? Capcom's fought just about everyone else.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Super Smash Bros: Altercation
Super Smash Bros: Fracas
Super Smash Bros: Deathmatch
Super Smash Bros: Fight!
Super Smash Bros: Quarrel
Super Smash Bros: Slappers Only
Super Smash Bros: Killer Instinct
Super Smash Bros: This Time, It's Personal
Super Smash Bros: 3rd Party Edition!
Super Smash Bros: Party
Super Smash Bros: Double Dash
Super Smash Bros: 3 on 3
Super Smash Bros: Hosted by Ryan Seacrest
Super Smash Bros: Limited Edition w/ Sakurai-Sandbag!
Super Smash Bros: The Battle to End All Battles (aka here are your 3,528 characters, fvckers. Now stop complaining!!)

::EDIT::
Forgot a big one:

Super Smash Bros. vs. Capcom

I mean, why not? Capcom's fought just about everyone else.

You sir, are a F***ING genius.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I've read every post in this thread, and every single suggestion (Save one) sucks, especially Clash and Mayhem. Those two especially suck.

The one that doesn't is War. Why? It rhymes with four. And it's not a kiddy word like mayhem. and clash is lame because it usually talks about swords, but most characters don't have them.
I agree with this guy as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom